It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's TIME to take ACTION! (???)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Alright, I suppose this thread is a little self-indulgent, but it refers to all of us.

I'll begin with throwing a little of my recent experiences out there, then get to my point.

Alright. I've started getting a little more of an audience on my facebook page, posting AJ, doomsday prepper stuff, recent gun control news, etc. Still, most people don't pay much mind to those posts.

When I post something movie or video game related, people jump all over it.

If I post something from infowars, something government-related, vaccine related, SHTF related--it doesn't get a second glance.

Just like in real life.

Talking to all my loved ones face to face, they have almost NOTHING to contribute to a real, profound, SHTF conversation. But if I bring up Eminem, or Doctor Who, we'll sit and chat for hours. I'll laugh, then my inner voice will scold me. Why are you laughing? Does it amuse you to be sitting in a circle of ignorant drones, laughing about brainwashing media that rots your mind?

I can't stand this. The more I force myself to pry into this information, the more I learn, the sicker I feel, looking around, seeing the New World Order in every inch of my waking life, every show or commercial, everything.

There are states of emergency (martial law) being declared in a certain few selections of my country right now, because of a supposed pandemic. Obama has "executive power" over guns. My father and I went to a pawn shop to look at guns--and most of them were gone. All the semi-autos, and all the guns that LOOKED like semi-autos, were gone.

Things are starting to unfold.

It's making me insane. I want SO BADLY to go out and do something about it.

Now, here's my point;

What can I do?

What can WE do?

I can not STAND talking to my ignorant friends about anime all of the time when there are monstrous problems that have yet to be resolved--and that most of my inner circle doesn't even care to know!!

I'm just a teenager (I know I play that card a lot), finishing my last credit and a half of high school, with no power, no money, and no real purpose in the good fight.

So, to those of you ATSers who are feeling this--an unbearable urge to fix the problems, dragged down with the feeling of helplessness--this is my question.

What do you do when you can't just sit and do nothing, but there's nothing you can do?

Please, don't tell me "There's nothing you can do, just keep your loved ones safe and wait it out." Or anything like that. I understand why people believe that, but to me, that is a cop out.

That's essentially saying "Well, it's not going to be easy to make any kind of difference, so... why bother trying?"

Not an option.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I don't say this can or would work for everyone. Not even close. However, I personally dropped my Graphics program over the Winter Break to commit to a Master Degree program in Political Science. I'm planning on International Relations as my area of specialty.

Again, not everyone can drop everything and pursue a college degree to become a part of the system in order to see it change from within. We CAN all do things tho. People can start, in my opinion, with their Party of choice (Dem or Repub) at their county level. No many people to look at there and they're normal folk. They form the first and absolutely necessary step that allows the system to be rigged from there all the way to the Oval Office.

Those who have come to control out system...started their efforts in the 70's. It's taken this long for us to 'wake up' and realize the game is almost over and we never even got to play. It'll take time and work to reverse it...if anyone actually cares TO reverse anything and not simply complain endlessly.

Just my two cents as someone who IS doing something..and I encourage everyone else to in whatever way IS possible.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Your a teenager, impressionable, still sorting out your future.....I honestly don't think you need to worry so much. We all go through that phase of being something bigger or a part of something bigger and thats what it's sounding like to me. I think you need to distance yourself from your current obsession (which seems to be conspiracy theories) and re evaluate yourself. Do you want to start a revolution is that it? Do you want to be like the Syrians and fight the type of fight they are right now?

If you let this phase of your life get the better of you, I hate to think of your future. Since you can't go out and start a war or a revolution, why not start making a difference in your community? Help people out that are in need maybe? Homeless shelters, nursing homes, cleaning up trash in your community or being part of the big brother program. Maybe being a part of something is all you need to help the "insanity" you are feeling and changing even just a few lives with small acts can go a long way.

It's a phase OP we all go through it when we are about to spread our wings, please don't give up on the world so early in your life, you have alot more experiences to go through before you can make such a judgement.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I HAVE distanced myself from my "obsession." That does nothing but make me feel more guilty for not taking action.

I have done some things. I used to post flyers in my school, in laundromats and whatnot. I also made a website, got over sixty members, and had the site going strong for about a year, mostly of my friends, people my age, still learning everything about this stuff. I had a little organization of other teenagers, we'd meet up and talk conspiracies, I even got a couple of them to sneak into a Mason lodge once.

But I want to do something on an Alex Jones level. I don't think I'll ever be as comfortable with that amount of attention, but I have the exact temper he's got, the same reactions to things that tick me off.

I don't want to give up, like everyone else seems to be. Oh, well... no matter what you do, every generation is going to have it's problems and faults, governments will always be in power...

Nope. I don't believe that I'm just here to live a life someone else set up for me.

I don't think this is a phase. I've felt this way all my life.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
You spoke of one of the main problems in your post. Facebook. Its like a playground for ignorance, mindkess banter and name calling. You will get absolutely nowhere trying to make a point on that rediculous medium. Believe me, ive TRIED.

Want to make the public more aware? Print out pamphlets and flyers and put them under windshield wipers and tape them to doors. It may not promote immediate action on many issues, but it may promote knowledge.

Just a thought

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Well as much as you don't want to admit it you are young and impressionable and want to be part of something big and great and game changing. Im telling you pretty much all of us go through this in different ways. Only you can decide what you WANT to do, don't look to others to assure you of being in the right or even acknowledge your beliefs. To me (forgive my assumptions) you already have a "fantasy" about what you would like to do and you need other people to help encourage you to do it because you deep down realize there is doubt in you somewhere about things. If you had no doubt, why would you be here looking for acceptance and approval from strangers? I hope that doesn't come out as offensive, this is how I see it is all.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by topherman420

Well as much as you don't want to admit it you are young and impressionable and want to be part of something big and great and game changing. Im telling you pretty much all of us go through this in different ways. Only you can decide what you WANT to do, don't look to others to assure you of being in the right or even acknowledge your beliefs. To me (forgive my assumptions) you already have a "fantasy" about what you would like to do and you need other people to help encourage you to do it because you deep down realize there is doubt in you somewhere about things. If you had no doubt, why would you be here looking for acceptance and approval from strangers? I hope that doesn't come out as offensive, this is how I see it is all.

No, I see what you're saying.

I know people online who are VERY driven, and listening to AJ, he's driven too.

I just think it sucks that all the people I'm personally close to would rather be sleeping sheeple.

I'm not doubting everyone else feels this way at some point, but I AM doubting that I'm gonna drop this feeling and let the world consume me. I'm gonna find a solution.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Well damn, u posted that while i was still typing. Hahaha. Disregard the "post flyers" idea....

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

HAVE distanced myself from my "obsession." That does nothing but make me feel more guilty for not taking action.

I have done some things. I used to post flyers in my school, in laundromats and whatnot. I also made a website, got over sixty members, and had the site going strong for about a year, mostly of my friends, people my age, still learning everything about this stuff. I had a little organization of other teenagers, we'd meet up and talk conspiracies, I even got a couple of them to sneak into a Mason lodge once.

But I want to do something on an Alex Jones level. I don't think I'll ever be as comfortable with that amount of attention, but I have the exact temper he's got, the same reactions to things that tick me off.

My first advice would be this – DON’T idolize Alex Jones!

Second, we all have friends who are willfully ignorant about what’s going on. That’s called the human condition. We’re all susceptible to being oblivious about certain things that are….uncomfortable. You’re totally normal!

I don't want to give up, like everyone else seems to be. Oh, well... no matter what you do, every generation is going to have it's problems and faults, governments will always be in power...

Nope. I don't believe that I'm just here to live a life someone else set up for me.

I don't think this is a phase. I've felt this way all my life.

If you feel strongly about making a change then do some volunteer work for a local political or social group whose ideals you support. That’s what I did several years ago when I got the same urge you’re experiencing….it was very rewarding and took the edge off.

S&F

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Maybe it's time to learn the ways of mindfulness. Non-judgement.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Good post, good advice.

Alex Jones is so far from role model material it's ridiculous. It's scary how he is able to get into young peoples minds with his half truths and condition them just as how he screams about the government doing the same thing. He has a living to make, which is based off of his personality which in the marketing world would be consider branding. This is for him to make money off of fear nothing more.

OP there are many role models out there whom don't need to lie or scream at viewers to get across a point.....he isn't driven man, he's keeping up appearances.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Your life is a commodity for investment. If I could go back and tell my teenage self what to do I'd tell him to not think in terms of causes, but in terms of people. Go to your local hospital and sign up as a volunteer. Sit with some kids for several hours per week as they get their dialysis done. Listen to their stories. Help them with their homework. Volunteer at a retirement community and sit with the elderly. Soak up the history and experience that they're MORE than willing to share. Help feed someone in a homeless outreach center. Be charitable - sell the junk you're not using on Craiglist and donate the funds to a local charity that you feel strongly about. Spend some time shadowing a doctor....and a priest......and a professor. Invest your time in others and let others invest some of their time and life experience in you.

If you do this, you will see real rewards. They are tangible, yet difficult to reveal to those without them. In ten years, if you have done this enough you will have something truly worthwhile - worth more than your flyers and conspiracy revelations that you so eagerly want to share with others.

I hope you do something extraordinary with your life. You must invest now though.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
You can lead a horse to water, you can't make him drink. It is an old saying but it says a lot. I am 47 years old and "predicted" much of the craziness going on over 25 years ago. For me it was easy to see all the possible paths resulting politics as they were/are being practiced.

I gave up trying to educate most folks. Take care of yourself (stay away from Alex Jones crap) first. Research anything you read here or other sites before believing it. Never forget the other old adage; Believe nothing you read and half of what you see.

Yes, there is a ton of bad stuff happening. However, other than basic preparedness (3 months food & water) there is not crap you can do about it.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Mamatus because: gwammer and speeeeling

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I feel your anguish, for i have been there also.
Pretty much still are today.
You are not the first to ask these questions.
And unfortunately, i fear that you most definitely won´t be the last.
My personal solution (for me); stop asking other people, and just do your thing,
but not on the expense of others.
edit on 15-1-2013 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I don't idolize AJ. I've heard everything bad about him, but it all really just seems like a bunch of hateful disagreement with his tactics. I just relate to him because he feels the way I do, and handles things the way I do (especially anger) haha.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
You can lead a horse to water, you can't make him drink. It is an old saying but it says a lot. I am 47 years old and "predicted" much of the craziness going on over 25 years ago. For me it was easy to see all the possible paths resulting politics as they were/are being practiced.

I gave up trying to educate most folks. Take care of yourself (stay away from Alex Jones crap) first. Research anything you read here or other sites before believing it. Never forget the other old adage; Believe nothing you read and half of what you see.

Yes, there is a ton of bad stuff happening. However, other than basic preparedness (3 months food & water) there is not crap you can do about it.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Mamatus because: gwammer and speeeeling

Don't buy it. Sorry. Never will.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Alright, I suppose this thread is a little self-indulgent, but it refers to all of us.

I'll begin with throwing a little of my recent experiences out there, then get to my point.

Alright. I've started getting a little more of an audience on my facebook page, posting AJ, doomsday prepper stuff, recent gun control news, etc. Still, most people don't pay much mind to those posts.

When I post something movie or video game related, people jump all over it.

If I post something from infowars, something government-related, vaccine related, SHTF related--it doesn't get a second glance.

Just like in real life.

Talking to all my loved ones face to face, they have almost NOTHING to contribute to a real, profound, SHTF conversation. But if I bring up Eminem, or Doctor Who, we'll sit and chat for hours. I'll laugh, then my inner voice will scold me. Why are you laughing? Does it amuse you to be sitting in a circle of ignorant drones, laughing about brainwashing media that rots your mind?

I can't stand this. The more I force myself to pry into this information, the more I learn, the sicker I feel, looking around, seeing the New World Order in every inch of my waking life, every show or commercial, everything.

There are states of emergency (martial law) being declared in a certain few selections of my country right now, because of a supposed pandemic. Obama has "executive power" over guns. My father and I went to a pawn shop to look at guns--and most of them were gone. All the semi-autos, and all the guns that LOOKED like semi-autos, were gone.

Things are starting to unfold.

It's making me insane. I want SO BADLY to go out and do something about it.

Now, here's my point;

What can I do?

What can WE do?

I can not STAND talking to my ignorant friends about anime all of the time when there are monstrous problems that have yet to be resolved--and that most of my inner circle doesn't even care to know!!

I'm just a teenager (I know I play that card a lot), finishing my last credit and a half of high school, with no power, no money, and no real purpose in the good fight.

So, to those of you ATSers who are feeling this--an unbearable urge to fix the problems, dragged down with the feeling of helplessness--this is my question.

What do you do when you can't just sit and do nothing, but there's nothing you can do?

Please, don't tell me "There's nothing you can do, just keep your loved ones safe and wait it out." Or anything like that. I understand why people believe that, but to me, that is a cop out.

That's essentially saying "Well, it's not going to be easy to make any kind of difference, so... why bother trying?"

Not an option.

Study Political science, run for school offices and college offices. Get a degree in business with a minor in Law. Run for Office and make some changes in this country!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I don't idolize AJ. I've heard everything bad about him, but it all really just seems like a bunch of hateful disagreement with his tactics. I just relate to him because he feels the way I do, and handles things the way I do (especially anger) haha.

Going around and ranting to people like AJ isn’t going to help the world or make you any friends (though it may feel good to do it).

When I first got the feeling you have now I joined the Marines. I spent the following 8 years doing that. I wouldn’t recommend that route though; times have changed. Go volunteer your time and effort furthering a cause you believe in. The only way to change the direction of this country through the current system is to participate in the system and change it from within. This means you must get people to Washington who can make the changes you want. Find a political campaign to work for. Mid-term elections will be here before you know it. Part of campaigning is making people aware of the issues, so you’ll get to explain to people why they need to vote for your candidate.

Just throwing out ideas….

There is no direct answer to your question. I can’t give you a magic answer to satisfy the feelings you have. If I had the answer I’d let you know but nobody has it.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Making a thread about 'taking action' and then another thread about buying a gun may not be the smartest thing unless you want to draw attention to yourself . Those who watch could easily take these threads along with your fb account and dig up enough info to twist things into something it may not be. You are a young lady with big ideas, but don't forget to be aware that telling the world that you prep, want to buy a gun and want to change the way things are run may be cause you undue problems if you are not careful.

Just some advice from an older guy

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
Making a thread about 'taking action' and then another thread about buying a gun may not be the smartest thing unless you want to draw attention to yourself . Those who watch could easily take these threads along with your fb account and dig up enough info to twist things into something it may not be. You are a young lady with big ideas, but don't forget to be aware that telling the world that you prep, want to buy a gun and want to change the way things are run may be cause you undue problems if you are not careful.

Just some advice from an older guy

It's kool. I can take advice.

I just wanted opinions about a first firearm. I've never posted anything specific, how I prep, where I prep, who I associate with, etc. I don't feel as paranoid about posting general things.

I'm not going to be like the doomsday preppers on national geographic, telling the world what they prep, how they prep, where they prep, the layout of their homes and bunkers...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join