It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Committee meeting to consider global mercury regulation - On the 'endangered' list: Thimersasol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This article reports about this gathering of international leaders... but caps it off with editorializing the outcome which may not bode well for Thimerasol, the mercury-based preservative (adjuvant) which many have been fussing about for along time:

NEXT week, governments from around the world will gather in Geneva to finalise a long-overdue treaty on mercury. The aim of the negotiations is laudable: to ban those mercury-laden products and pollutants that are a danger to human health and the environment.

Among the targets are some of the most toxic products of the industrial age, including methyl mercury. This notorious compound killed and injured thousands in the Japanese city of Minamata in the 1950s and 1960s and still poses a significant global health risk.

Another compound facing a possible ban, however, is a benign medicinal preservative called thiomersal (thimerosal in the US). Although it contains mercury, there is no evidence that it is harmful. In fact, it helps save the lives of well over a million children every year. Banning it would be a grave mistake.

Source

Emphasis mine.

I find it disheartening that a presumptively journalistic effort would include such statements as in the last paragraph... since they have been a matter of contention for many years.

While the official Merk MSDS information about Thimerasol seems to indicate a plethora of hazards associate with the substance... ingestion, inhalation, skin contact, etc... the fact that this substance (as it is metabolized by the human body) has not been found to "bio-accumulate" seems the linchpin upon which the claims of 'safety' are pinned.

There have been a number of studies by medical researchers and professionals (especially in the early days of vaccinations) that seems to belie the notion that mercury is the "way to go" when dealing with vaccine shelf-life.

For example:

"The Bacteriostatic and Bactericidal Action of Some Mercurial Compounds on Hemolytic Streptococci: In Vivo and In Vitro Studies" indicates that while "Indeed, for a long period mercurial compounds, such as bichloride of mercury, headed the list of chemical which were thought to be effective in the killing of microorganisms," ... "It is not highly germicidal and especially does not possess high germicidal value in the presence of serum and other protein mediums. The loss of antibacterial activity of mercurials in the presence of serum proves their incompatibility with serum." The researchers not about the toxicity of Thimerasol was 262 times more toxic for embryonic tissue cells than for a Staphylococcus.

Yet, the FDA still promotes vaccinations as safe during pregnancy and for infants.

It's a sad story... because we have technocrats and bureaucrats whose primary motivation is the implementation of a "vaccination schedule" which bases it's aggressiveness on the assumption that vaccines, as currently formulated, are in fact 'better' than no vaccination at all... which logically may be correct.

But:

Due to the FDA ignoring the scientific findings and warnings of its own researchers, Thimerosal remained in vaccines for the second half of the century and has now been linked to an epidemic in autism, attention deficit disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, and a wide range of other neurological problems.

The epidemic began as the number of vaccines added to the immunization schedule rose dramatically. American children born in 1948 were only required to show proof of a smallpox vaccination to enter school. By 1991 the number of mandated vaccines had increased from 9 to 21 and children born in 1998 were required by most states to receive 33 or 34 doses of nine or ten different vaccines to enter school.

Beginning in about 1987, as each new vaccine was added to the schedule, no one apparently thought to keep track of the cumulative amount of Thimerosal that would be injected into children with each new shot. As a direct result of the increased mercury, cases of autism began doubling every four years.

Source

I do not give a lot of weight to the source; but I suspect the excerpt is a sound observation.. excepting the link to autism which the scientific community seems adamant about rejecting... I think a less biased source of research needs to be found on this matter - considering today most lucrative research involves that sponsored by the manufacturers themselves.. or their interim "appointed" employees in government.

But this is an important issue because between the naturalist and anti-pharmaceutical media pushes, often filled with hyperbole and emotional appeals based upon anecdotal evidence, and the scientific community push-back with authoritative yet somehow unpersuasive adherence to "the corporate sponsor's line" - we - the guinea pigs... are left to suffer.

Of course, don;t expect much from this committee's efforts... they have been known to be as bought and paid for as any medical businessman; and the truth is frequently trumped by almighty "commerce"... as could be seen here: Secret New Documents Reveal Shocking Truth About Vaccine Cover UP!.

Stay alert... these deliberations may be about the safety of "humankind" - but that does not mean the outcome will be similarly oriented...
edit on 15-1-2013 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Max,

Yes, how they can say that Thimerisol is benign, its beyond me.
In any case, the more pressure on them the better, as the vaccine
factorys churn this stuff out like candy, and the little ones are jabbed
year after year. Something has to be done, hold their feet to the fire!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Global mercury treaty will take decades to work

In true-to-corporate-support fashion.... not a word about the mercury conference's deliberations regarding the rampant distribution of 'harmless' thimerasol (also known as Merthiolate) directly into the bloodstreams of millions.

Instead the reporters focus on small scale gold-mining as a source of concern over mercury pollution. I feel terribly for those who prospect for gold as a means of earning some income. Soon "private" gold-mining may become globally regulated for our collective 'safety.'

According to the UN Environment Programme's Global Mercury Assessment 2013, about 1960 tonnes of mercury were released into the air in 2010, and at least another 1000 tonnes into water. The biggest sources are artisanal small-scale gold mining, which releases 727 tonnes per year, and coal burning, which emits 475 tonnes per year.

Coal burning is another problematic source as well... but that has been known since many decades ago.

Bottom Line: The UN has marketed the conference as meaningful, but gave their findings little to no 'teeth.' So once again, the large corporate offenders in mercury pollution will be allowed to do nothing and face no consequences ... but the 'artisan' gold-miners now have something to worry about... I suppose.
edit on 22-1-2013 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
What does this mean for CFL light bulbs?

Thimerisol an ADHD link eh?
Sometimes I wonder if it was genetic or environmental, or the cement floor at the age of four.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
What does this mean for CFL light bulbs?

Thimerisol an ADHD link eh?
Sometimes I wonder if it was genetic or environmental, or the cement floor at the age of four.

Was my thought exactly. Just last night was watching a show about a local businessman looking to recyle the CFL bulbs in a safe environment that puts the mercury in a holding tank versus people throwing them into the landfill and contaminating ground water. He claims the amount of mercury in one bulb..just one bulb, was enough to pollute a small lake.
Seriously, it has no place being used in any form, for anything, IMHO..especially jabbed into our babies.
*shakes head...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

top topics

join