It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle wave continues. This time over Detroit. January 11, 2013

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
I think it is important and responsible to look at cases where the size of these things are incredibly huge. So, if they are all man made, where do they park these extremely huge objects without people seeing them land, dock, leave, etc.

It just doesn't quite add up.

The dark side of the moooooooon

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

Cool! Nice to see the local news channel giving it some attention! Seems like there's some x-craft testing going on.
I wonder if it's some kind of surveillance drone? TPTB getting ready for an uprising!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RAY1990
Reports vary but it does seem like they "cruise" a lot and then peform maneuvers that would turn pilot's into mush, one possible reason for this is to test the craft's ability to fool radar systems and/or enemy targeting systems.

Or they are using active optical stealth deception to make it seem "as if" they are performing exotic maneuvers.

Note that recent generations of high-performance SAM and AA missiles have optical and IR imagers with some decent image recognition capability. What's a good countermeasure for a large and potentially slow-moving stealth blimp? Active camouflage, make the seeker head confused and go in a wrong direction. And it helps with an intelligence mission as well. Make the human seeker heads on the ground go in a wrong direction.

The lights on these triangle craft could be for many reasons but I doubt it's for safety, some possible reasons are:

Devices that propulse the vehicle
Devices that creat a field around the craft (protect against gravity and drag)
Energy Storage of some kind
For safety reasons (doubtful)

Why do you doubt it could be for safety? If I were a test pilot, I would insist upon them. If I were a program manager who spent many millions of taxpayer dollars, I would insist upon them. I want to avoid others and I want others to avoid me. And besides, it might be illegal otherwise. If it were a private company operating them (as usual contractors create the technology, military buys it) and they killed a pilot or whoever by a crash, they could be legally liable.

edit on 16-1-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
To folks advising people in the area to contact the FAA or air traffic control facilities: Don't waste your time...

From the looks of the object in the original video it appears to be around 1000 feet agl (Above ground level) or lower. Unless of course it was VERY LARGE!

Radar facilities normally do not have radar coverage at these altitudes unless they are close to a high traffic airport where the actual RADAR is located.

Airspace within the continental US outside of local airport airspace such as class D surface areas are considered uncontrolled at those altitudes as well ( if it was 500ft or below). Again...this has to do primarily with radar coverage limits in most Class E airspace (the majority of airspace below 18,000 feet within the US that is controlled airspace).

Any RADAR control facility that you contacted would most certainly have no clue as to what you are reporting for a couple of reasons:

1. There is no aircraft in the worlds inventory of aircraft that is the size of a football field and triangle shaped. And if it was a B-2 (obviously not) it would not be flying that low and hovering....so...you would get a polite "We have not been in any contact with an aircraft meeting your description and are unaware of any aircraft of that type existing." And they would be telling the truth.

2. If we arent talking to the aircraft then we really dont care at any altitude below 18,000 feet. All we see is a radar return that is in most cases digitized and all the same size regardless of the size of the airframe. If it is stealth and no transponder, then we dont see it regardless of the altititude. If below 500 ft we probably couldnt see it in any instance unless very close to an airport that had our specific radar on the airfield.

As far as my opinion on the other comments with regard to "if it is a military aircraft why fly it at night, over populated areas and so on....

Well I dont think it makes sense to do so if it was a military aircraft, but notice that all these types of sightings happen at night over a decent populated area.

My thoughts are that maybe E.T, is slowly gauging the effect these types of sightings have on the public to determine when would be best to make themselves known....if such a thing exists in my mind, it would explain them putting lights on the craft, flying slowly over populated areas and doing so at night as to minimize the freakout factor.

Imagine the effect on the population if one were to say fly over Miami in Broad daylight. A big black flying triangle hovering past for everyone to see.

I doubt the public is ready for something like that....

Anyway, my statements above are based on 15 years experience as a RADAR and Tower certified controller who has also managed 2 ATC facilities, one of those in Iraq.

Hope that helps some.
edit on 16-1-2013 by AtcGod because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2013 by AtcGod because: moved some stuff and added a 2 section

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
in 1991 2 friends of mine saw the "TRIANGLE UFO over a house in NH 1 was a police officer @ the time & he sketched what he saw & he told me it was silent , the other friend was in agreement , all three of us have the feeling that these triangles arent alien , but part of the black ops ,i think they are from United states , but thats just me. my friend has since passed but the i still feel its man made in origin

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by blackz28

Possibly, don't deny that but what are your thoughts about the ones larger than 1 mile, that radar confirmed, etc? You think those are Black Ops? If so, where are they possibly keeping them without people seeing them landing, taking off, etc? Just your thoughts.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by blackz28

Possibly, don't deny that but what are your thoughts about the ones larger than 1 mile, that radar confirmed, etc? You think those are Black Ops? If so, where are they possibly keeping them without people seeing them landing, taking off, etc? Just your thoughts.

RADAR controllers can not confirm that an object is a mile in size. Even when controlling on an old analog RADAR systems a B-52 target appeared to be about 1 to 2 miles on the surface of the scope.... Yes they looked bigger than say a cessna target but even those systems aren't designed to distinguish that. If it is moving at a descent speed then the system uses MTI technology and other filters to display on the scope in a manner that adjusts the target intensity and size.

We did see things such as precipitation on the old anolog systems in big heavy storms, but these are barely moving....and in the case of a big 1 mile triangle hovering, it would not show up as a perfect triangle on the scope if it showed up at all based on how the signal bounced off the hull of the airframe. And it would most likely in those days of old analog radar be sworn off as a flock of birds or precipitation or even ground clutter.

RADAR confirmed is a very odd statement.....and it most certainly is not terminology that an air traffic controller would use.

I also know of no runway that is a mile wide or could support the departure of such a craft. Of course if it can hover....it would probably not be taking off from anywhere it could be likely seen by prying eyes, or any eyes for that matter.

=)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

edit on 16-1-2013 by AtcGod because: Double post

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Took 1 still frame from the video and used it in photoshop to get the shape a bit clear i dont know if this is any use but.

Original:

Edited:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AtcGod

I also know of no runway that is a mile wide or could support the departure of such a craft. Of course if it can hover....it would probably not be taking off from anywhere it could be likely seen by prying eyes, or any eyes for that matter.

Now we're getting somewhere! So for the craft that are extremely large, like the ones people claim are so large, they take up almost the entire sky above them, etc...these would have trouble landing on a man made runway, unless of course they are landing them in some secret location. But even if this were the case, we would have heard it from some whistle-blower by now. No landing observation. Nothing.

Cloaked upon landing, taking off? Maybe, but again, not a soul has mentioned this, as far as I know.

So, this still remains a public mystery.

Great discussion.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Well.....if it is silent as on the videos then thats a plus... it could be done at night quite easily without being noticed. It could take off vertically out of some type of hidden underground bunker that opens in the ground on a government land parcel or anywhere unpopulated with no lights and there you go.

No cloaking devices needed.

I still do not believe that this is a US military aircraft though, as it really makes no sense to me to fly it over a populated area for everyone to see with lights on it if it is a classified aircraft of some sorts.

Agreed. Good discussion.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I do not pretend to know the providence of these aircraft. My understanding is that the bulk of these Black triangle sightings are of aircraft that belong to the US shadow government/black ops community. They are frequently referred to as the TR3b, if you go onto Youtube and search for TR3b or Black triangle UFO you will see literally hundreds of videos of these craft, many filmed in the daytime and filmed right around the world. One particularly spectacular (albeit disputed) video is titled TR3b?Triangle UFO in Paris. www.youtube.com...
In order to understand why these aircraft that are supposedly secret are visible so often, you need to understand the character and outlook of the Shadow Government. These people are thugs who enjoy showing off and taunting/bewildering the people at large. If you read "the Most Dangerous Book in the World" by SK Bain , it gives a terrific insight into the mindset. People who make statements such as "they couldn't possibly be human, they are too large too advanced etc are simply being naive. Technology has been withheld from public view for more than 50 years, we have no idea how advanced these programs are or what their ultimate intentions are. Richard Dolan is a good source on the 'black projects" in the broader sense.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dutcheagle
Took 1 still frame from the video and used it in photoshop to get the shape a bit clear i dont know if this is any use but.

Original:

Edited:

Very interesting, thank you.

Here's an alternative view taken from the original.

edit on 16/1/13 by Ramcheck because: typo

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesR648
I do not pretend to know the providence of these aircraft. My understanding is that the bulk of these Black triangle sightings are of aircraft that belong to the US shadow government/black ops community. They are frequently referred to as the TR3b, if you go onto Youtube and search for TR3b or Black triangle UFO you will see literally hundreds of videos of these craft, many filmed in the daytime and filmed right around the world. One particularly spectacular (albeit disputed) video is titled TR3b?Triangle UFO in Paris. www.youtube.com...
In order to understand why these aircraft that are supposedly secret are visible so often, you need to understand the character and outlook of the Shadow Government. These people are thugs who enjoy showing off and taunting/bewildering the people at large. If you read "the Most Dangerous Book in the World" by SK Bain , it gives a terrific insight into the mindset. People who make statements such as "they couldn't possibly be human, they are too large too advanced etc are simply being naive. Technology has been withheld from public view for more than 50 years, we have no idea how advanced these programs are or what their ultimate intentions are. Richard Dolan is a good source on the 'black projects" in the broader sense.

The video that you posted seems to be taken at night with some type of night vision? It first looks like daytime until it pans over the city. Also, this video seems very suspicious as the aircraft stops and angles itself so that we get a good view of its entire make-up, like its showing off to the photographer.

Some of your statements could be true, by themselves, but they in no way equate to the use of Black ops aircraft to somehow subdue or scare the public and when you stop and really think about it.....it sure would be a pretty damned expensive endeavor wouldnt it?

"How should we bewilder the public", asks TPTB? "I know, lets spend a gazillion dollars and countless man hours to create a super space craft and fly it over populated areas"!!! That will get em!!!

I dont think so.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

UFO's were even around prior to biblical times, according to anchient hyroglifics, if I spelled that right.
They are even in the bible, so no real shocker they are still surfacing. My favorte sighting was in Pheonix AZ March 1997. Witnessed by thousands of people, and recorded by hundreds, the mayor even witnessed it. The shocking part is it looks like they were trying to communicate with us via lights switching of and on, just like in that movie Close encounter of the third kind.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Could some of them be secret craft? Could some of them be huge balloons so to speak? I wonder since
they have been reported to zoom off quickly or perhaps just "disappear". I don't know much about them
except some are quite serious when they say they are military craft.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth

UFO's were even around prior to biblical times, according to anchient hyroglifics, if I spelled that right.
They are even in the bible, so no real shocker they are still surfacing. My favorte sighting was in Pheonix AZ March 1997. Witnessed by thousands of people, and recorded by hundreds, the mayor even witnessed it. The shocking part is it looks like they were trying to communicate with us via lights switching of and on, just like in that movie Close encounter of the third kind.

Ya flashing lights is probably the best we will get for now...

The aliens cant afterall just roll up in thier mile sized triangle cruise ship and land in central park, get out and say hey everybody, we are the gods that your earliest ancestors spoke of!! We made you in our image from our DNA and a native species, so rejoice at meeting your maker....oh and by the way....give us all your gold please!

Imagine the response....we would NUKE the "bleep" out of them.... Sad really...but like the popular saying I hate so much goes.... "it is, what it is."

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
i say, they are skynets blowup air survailence system,(hotair balloon) they are going to interface with drones to keep them in the sky for like half a day at a time, thats why they are so big.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Well if they are alien, and they are over Detroit. I hope them little green guys know what they are getting into.
Joking aside good video.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join