It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle wave continues. This time over Detroit. January 11, 2013

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Looks like the Aurora

edit on 15-1-2013 by cass1dy09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cass1dy09
Looks like the Aurora

if the eyewitnesses are telling the truth then everyone of the triangular crafts are silent. That's what seems amazing to me.
edit on 15-1-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

Nice news report! I do like the fact most US news reports that get posted up here nowadays are non-jokey. That's good, an angle that includes some respect (and some pretty decent reporting!), I'm sure older pilots and military witnesses are glad they're finally not being subtly mocked by the media in these kind of reports anymore. I don't think I've seen anchors smirking about it for a whole year or two now...! The "triangle" footages are interesting. I don't have any answers. But if people here are witnessing things I'd suggest checking NOTAMS to see if any special air traffic is passing or events (like parachute drops) in your area if there's a sighting. That data is typically freely available.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

problem with top secret aircraft, why would they light them up like that and draw attention.

there's no need for them to require them, because commercial and public aircrafts are mandated by law to have navigation lights.

as long as the top secret aircraft has top secret radar and the pilot can visibly see any commercial planes, the chance of collision is very low.

the odds are better that the military craft can easily avoid a commercial plane than the other way around.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
And why would they keep flying them over populated areas ,

since the phoenix lights in 1997 ,, I think

Maybe they wont notice this kind of light ?

Lots of other places to test and check with there own eyes,out of public view

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

From other allegedly real videos, including ones with night vision... there is no surface between them, it's just light orbs keeping triangle.

if the eyewitnesses are telling the truth then everyone of the triangular crafts are silent. That's what seems amazing to me.

I had the pleasure of seeing one fairly up close. It was silent and it was smaller than the huge ones. I saw something when I was getting on the expressway but wasn't sure. 15 miles or so north i get off the freeway and see a light again further to my north so I pulled over into the neighborhood to get a better look. Suddenly it zipped south and hovered over my head for about 30 sec or so and then zipped off south very fast. It very clearly was a triangle with 3 lights at the edges and one in the center.
edit on 15-1-2013 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

I had a similar experience in the early 1980's. I was driving my daughter home from a rehearsal at about 9:30 on Maui. I was approaching the Haiku community center, just past a row of tall Ironwood pines. A black triangle came out over top the trees, barely missing their tops, and hovered silently over our moving car for a few seconds, and then shot of sideways at a tremendous speed. It was silent and their was no wind when it sped off. It could move forward and sideways with ease.

We were totally freaked out, but somehow felt it was military, not ET.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

problem with top secret aircraft, why would they light them up like that and draw attention.

Yeah It is hard to understand why would our military be flying around in these things where people will definitely see them. Also strange that they have been seen in many different locations and described the same way every time. So I don't think it can be some kind of an optical illusion.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

Disclosure is perhaps being forced; slowly acclimating the public to the idea that life exists elsewhere, and some of it is in fact, relative to us, hyper advanced.

I think this is related to the "microbe fossils found in meteor" thread. Its getting those of us who are not ready, more ready, so they wont blow a gasket when full disclosure occurs, whether it comes out from the gubmint who was probably forced to, or whether ETs just disclose themselves to the real rulers of the planet, the people, and bypass the bloated, corrupt middleman.
edit on 1/15/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Interesting stuff. I've often had strong suspicions that these triangle craft are top secret government craft. But I'm still not sure because as someone already mentioned, I can't see why they would fly them over populated areas with bright lights on them. It's cases like the Phoenix Lights, this case, and many others, which really are not debunkable. We have so many witnesses and different pieces of footage from different places that we cannot deny the fact something was there. And if we now try to explain what those things are we aren't left with many options beyond top secret craft and alien craft.
edit on 15/1/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I found something that may provide some answers on the triangle mystery.

Aereon Dynairship

The Aereon Dynairship is a conceptual large hybrid airship developed by the Aereon Corporation for civilian and military cargo transport. It is one of Aereon's lifting body airship concepts, where a craft without a conventional "wing" generates lift by itself. It would have also have been filled with rising gas such as hydrogen, making it a truly hybrid craft. This kind of configuration was researched by Aereon during the 1980s. However, a patent was filed in 1969.[1]

So this aircraft would have been (Is?) Large, would be capable of having hover ability as its an airship/airplane hybrid, and due to this silent propulsion.

The Dynairship was to be a very large ship, the conceptual designs showing it to form alarge triangle, with small finlets at the back of either end.[1]

It fits the description.

Now ofcorse it :

A lack of funding ended the project. According to Aereon, the Department of Defense told Miller in 2003, "You were 30 years ahead of your time"

However, isnt that what they would say if it was a successful technology they want to keep hidden?

Anyway here are some concepts of it (And the prototype built):

Also, they are activly advertising similar technology for current day use, so i highly doubt the project was ended:

Namaste

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonBear
reply to post by stirling

I happen to agree with you. They are simply too big. I think any military would have a hard time keeping it a secret.

I think these are government craft and I saw one for upwards of 30 minutes some 300 ft in the air.. Flew right over me.. Something about it tried to erase my memory.. I wanted and did look down as it flew above me.. IT lit up the entire beach from waves to dunes..

They have NOT kept it secret from me.. It was in a HEAVY training area for aircraft and other things around Camp Lejeune.

Flew almost the exact flight path as the Chinooks always did.. At about 20-30 mph.. It was solid bodied. The lights on this craft would need a Strong power source.

That's not saying they didn't or aren't working with the Others.

They aren't exactly silent.. Have some sort of buzzing field about them.. Made me feel uncomfortable like being in the woods when it's "TOO quiet"

I'd stay away from these.
edit on 1/16/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I saw one when I was 12, in the summer of '92. It was late and dark. I was on my bicycle in the middle of the street in his residential neighborhood. I called out to my buddy to hurry up and then looked up and off to my left. Sitting up above the tree line, dead silent, was this triangle....thing. It was illuminated at the corners and I could just make out the rest of it from the dark sky. Genuine fear hit me straight in the gut for the first time in my life. I just stared for a minute, scared to death. I road the bike back up his drive way and told my friend I just wanted to hang out inside for the evening. We played Punch-Out and his mom made nachos. I didn't go back outside and I don't know what happened to it. I felt safe inside in my buddies basement and I wasn't about to go back out. I didn't tell my friend what I saw how how scared I really was. This was over 20 years ago and I had never seen anything like it before nor have I since. I've only spoken of it with my Pop, my Girl, and now ATS. It's merely another anecdotal report of something unknown in the sky, but it happened to me.
edit on 16-1-2013 by slowisfast because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I was lucky enough to catch one of these back in January 2005. I still started a thread about it back then on ATS.

It was big. It was NOT (a) helicopter(s), blimps, swamp gas, balloons, or, whatever the usual skeptical explanations are. I still stand by UFO. If it was flown by man or E.T, i don't know, but it is to this day, still unidentified.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: spelling

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I saw one of the small ones rather close and with no lights. I now wonder if I saw a police drone. The ones being caught in Texas have been said to be as such and now the greater Detroit area gets them. Seems they are prevalent in high crime, urban, cities.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
why is it that no one that records these things has nightmode on their camera so we can get some night vision or a good sized spotlight so they can spotlight the thing and get a clear look at it.. annoying!

Over what distance do you suppose the lights on camera phones illuminate well enough to take a good photo? How about the built in flash on a professional grade 35mm camera? Or even better, an external flash on a professional grade 35mm camera? I'll give you a clue -- it's a few feet to maybe 25 feet for the better equipment. Power hungry, large spotlights are OK for several hundreds of meters.

And even those big spotlights wouldn't illuminate more than a small circle part way across one of the mile-wide objects being seen occasionally.

Infrared will not do any better than the above light sources. At least, not the stuff people typically own. Very few people, if any, in any city would own a photographic system which amplified available light enough to get a decent image of a distant object. Even if they did, shooting a dark object against a bright sky would be really challenging.

In any case, if a good photo were taken which showed anything interesting, odds are pretty good it would be called a hoax.I'd suspect one as well because I'd expect a featureless surface. Why? anything interesting would imply structure. And structure would imply friction = noise during movement, heat signature, radar signature, waste of energy.

You could propose some field effect to drag atmosphere with the structure in a more symmetric melange, I suppose... But featureless surfaces are still what I would expect and that's the type of report we usually hear about.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I was believing this until I saw the flashing rotating red light in the triangle and then I said, um hm..its man made.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
It's nice to see footage on the news. If it's fake or not, at least it's getting attention.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Toxicsurf

This is yet the best video. Look at how big and close to earth this thing is. Amazing, it's almost a size of a football field.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
I was believing this until I saw the flashing rotating red light in the triangle and then I said, um hm..its man made.

ITA! I can think of only a few reasons for a UFO to have external lighting:

1) Warning to other aircraft that this portion of space is already occupied by something solid.

2) Desire to be noticed.

3) They are required, during "normal" operation where the craft is usually flown and there was no interest in disabling them.

All three are extremely difficult to associate with non-human origin unless we currently reside in the equivalent of a wild animal park for casual visitors. There are better ways to be noticed than flying around after dark with a few lights visible. And there is reason to eliminate chances of detection if it will change the behavior of the subject being observed.

So, it's human origin. Or the longshot: we are considered residents in a wild animal park -- the modern equivalent of the same fate we have imorally condemned the few "uncontacted" tribes in the Amazon to live.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join