It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do American children become killers??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

The 20 year old Lanza was obviously emotionally immature....quite severely so in fact.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The mentally twisted find their ways into our history books. I think they feel so insignificant that they kill just so their names are heard...

I'm an american that doesn't own guns yet I feel like brits are more afraid of getting shot more so than I should be. The only american guns you should personally be worried about are the ones our troops carry while doing joint missions with your troops, other than that, americas guns should be none of your concern.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
As others have said, most of the mass shootings have been carried out by adults. Obvious troll is obvious..

OMGerd Why do british children become killers?
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 15-1-2013 by RandyBragg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandyBragg
As others have said, most of the mass shootings have been carried out by adults. Obvious troll is obvious..

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Well in that case, why dont you show the entire list?

en.wikipedia.org...:Murder_committed_by_minors

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Guenter

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Well in that case, why dont you show the entire list?

en.wikipedia.org...:Murder_committed_by_minors

1. I was being sarcastic, that was pretty obvious.
2. Learn to link

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

2. Learn to link

Well I pasted the URL. how else is it done? Mind you for me a computer is a bit smarter typewriter. I am kind of old fashioned.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

I would debate that he is a child as far as maturity and wisdom that come with age goes. When i was 12 i mowed yards,hauled hay,shucked corn and all manner of other jobs. We have child labor laws now that prohibit things like that. Like it or not,things like that effect when you mature and how you feel about life in general. A lot of 24 year olds are just plain soft and immature. They are used to being coddled. I was not coddled at all. I get mad sometimes but i have never ever ever thought about turning a gun on a group of people. There is not a single thing we can point to that causes them to kill when they get angry. There is a whole list of accumulated things that culminate into it.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

You pretty on the mark there. If you grow up being told you cannot do this or that, are not allowed to do so because you are still a "child" then what more "manly" thing can you du but go out with a gun and show that you are a "Man".

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

reply to post by jimmiec

You pretty on the mark there. If you grow up being told you cannot do this or that, are not allowed to do so because you are still a "child" then what more "manly" thing can you du but go out with a gun and show that you are a "Man".

Are you kidding? If THAT is your "mindset"...that in itself is frightening! What do GUNS have to do with showing that you are a "MAN"?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
#1 cause are Unfit parents.. derivatives include, single parent, not enough time with children, no discipline, abusive, mental issue.

#2Bad Friends, peer pressure, drugs.

#3Environmental norm, culture.

Haha someone mentioned 10 commandments....

So non-Christians are bad people?

A book is needed to be sane?

So you need to read the 10 commandments to learn that hurting is bad? stealing...?

omg, i laughed enough for 1 day.

edit on 1/15/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by elrem48

reply to post by jimmiec

Are you kidding? If THAT is your "mindset"...that in itself is frightening! What do GUNS have to do with showing that you are a "MAN"?

I was quoting the killers mind set. Should have been obvious.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obsrvr
I think it's because they're poorly raised. I think it's because parents today let them have their way and tolerate their tantrums when they don't get what they want.

As these children get older they have a sense of entitlement and the tantrum extrapolates into more extreme forms.

They have to have parents in the first place to be poorly raised ...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by elrem48

She has a point for some on the psychological fringe....which unfortunately includes many of the "Bully" profile who often find employment in the police force.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by elrem48

reply to post by jimmiec

I was quoting the killers mind set. Should have been obvious.

My mistake...it wasn't obvious to me, however that may be because I was thinking on the lines of that it takes alot more than just being told "you're still a child" to be able to commit murder in the name of THAT reason!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
reply to post by elrem48

She has a point for some on the psychological fringe....which unfortunately includes many of the "Bully" profile who often find employment in the police force.

I really find psychotropic drugs and other drugs to be more a factor than some of the reasons stated, hence your words "psychological fringe" exactly...but I ask, "Which came first...the chicken or the egg?"

CX

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Mary Bell, Thompson and Venables (Jamie Bulger murder)......go Google British child killers, to accuse the US like this is a bit rubbish if you ask me.

All country have the odd few who grow up to do this kind of thing.

Apologies are optional on this site, but they usually go a long way.

CX.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectAnomoly

This is not an American phenomenon and it’s not even new.

B ritain's adolescent killers are getting younger and their crimes more sadistic and sexual. So says Dr Sue Bailey, a consultant forensic adolescent psychiatrist who probably knows more about young murderers than anyone else in Britain.
Her study of their lives, published in the Journal of Adolescence, reveals a succession of grim backgrounds that preceded their horrific crimes.

She visits child killers across the country. Most are held in secure or medium-secure units until they are old enough to go to young offender institutions. Of her study of the 20 she has known longest - all but two of them males - she says: "They come from backgrounds of unstable family lives, absent fathers with a history of alcohol abuse, psychopathic disorders, and violence at home. Mothers had a history of depression and found it increasingly difficult to look after the children as they got older."
link

I think you’ve been propagandized! Don't believe the MSM hype.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

you know that person that wrote that did it for media attention and sympathy...right? Pathetic....

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectAnomoly

Well - actually there has been some research done on the various mass shootings. Yes, some of them were committed by young people but, the average age of the shooters is 35.

A Guide to Mass Shootings in America

The average age of the killers was 35, though the youngest among them was a mere 11 years old. (See Jonesboro, Ark., in 1998.) A majority were mentally ill—and many displayed signs of it before setting out to kill.

The source of the above "Mother Jones news" isn't exactly a right wing publication.

So we've established they were NOT all children, in fact, most were not. However, most did display some form of mental illness.

That's one down.

For the second, guns are actually less common now than they used to be. Consider America 150 years ago, 100 years ago, even 50 years ago. Children grew up around much more exposure to actual guns and shooting then than now. I don't mean TV or games, I mean actual real guns and kids seeing actual guns shooting or shooting a gun themselves was way more common years ago.

Yet, these mass killings are a relatively recent phenomena. So what has changed?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join