It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Mysteriously Quadruples Rice Imports - Continues To Stockpile Commodities

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
www.alt-market.com...

Yesterday, it was reported that China – not currently suffering from any food shortages – is amassing rice stockpiles. This past year, the country mysteriously imported four times the rice over 2011 purchases:

So what does China know that we on the street do not. Are they about to stop buying U.S. Debt. Is the economy about to collapse. Is a major event in the works?

Your input.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Somewhere in china, there is going to be a massive restaurant built very soon. Chicken fried rice up the yin yang. No pun intended.....

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

I couldn't help but read the reader comments at the bottom of the article. Apparently this is giving the "Doomsdayers" a new breath of life. I was hoping we would get a break before this bunkus started up again.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

You know those guys were just waiting for the next doomsday "sign" to surface. The only problem is that they dont have a date to choose as the next end of the world........
This is me waiting for someone to use numerology to pinpoint the next end date...

edit on 15-1-2013 by dothedew because: typo

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
That's an easy one:

They can not cope with the demand for bags of rice falling over, so they stockpile.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

I couldn't help but read the reader comments at the bottom of the article. Apparently this is giving the "Doomsdayers" a new breath of life. I was hoping we would get a break before this bunkus started up again.

Break from what? lol... China still has 3,000 miles of combined tunnels..... Russia still built 5,000 civil defense type bomb shelters all over their capital city...and the White House still built themselves something HUGE under the White House building and lawn...which I've yet to hear more than 'No Comment' about.

Dec 21 was an arbitrary date on a Calendar. World governments haven't been spending based on an arbitrary date and China seems quite busy at it. Their infernal Ghost Cities come to mind too..... Somewhere, they expect millions upon millions of people to NEED shelter at short notice in places all over the world? Interesting..eh?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Somewhere, they expect millions upon millions of people to NEED shelter at short notice in places all over the world? Interesting..eh?

Does rising water ring a bell?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

If something like that were the case, wouldnt other countries be doing the same thing? Such as Russia and the U.S.? Well, other than our govt. stockpiling ammo

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMOKINGGUN2012

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Somewhere, they expect millions upon millions of people to NEED shelter at short notice in places all over the world? Interesting..eh?

Does rising water ring a bell?

Oh.. It rings a bell in some places but in others? Elevation doesn't work and their fancy cities would be little more than the foundation for new reefs to feed the fish. So I'm not sure that is what they are thinking about. The actions just don't support it. The underground building is also illogical if massive flooding is the fear. Imagine building any of this where the entrance is a couple thousand feet UNDER the Pacific or Atlantic? Problematic doesn't quite cover the issues in making the shelters work for even a short time...yet they continue to dig like moles.

Hmm.. I have NO idea what TPTB are digging FROM anymore. Perhaps just general paranoia and fear like drove 50 years of cold war prep on things which never happened? We can hope it's that baseless.

@do the dew

Just an FYI.. I can give plenty of links about these constructions and tunnel/shelters where the national Governments have, themselves, admitted these all exist or are being worked on. The debate of IF isn't much a debate. Why and with what money is fair debate to be sure, though.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
china stockpiles food while the U.S. stockpiles ammo.
hmmm
China intends to feed its people while the U.S. intends to take away everyone's guns so they are stockpiling ammo to...

help me out here.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

China sees food shortages coming and is exacerbating it by stockpiling also.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

AND to winterkill as well,

The problem is.... im in denial. I always hold on to this (very small) hope that the U.S. wouldnt do that to its own citizens, regardless of our apparent, and proven, bloodlust towards our own brothers and sisters. Call me naive, but, i always hope for the best. .. even though a blind child can easily see where were headed

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

China sees food shortages coming and is exacerbating it by stockpiling also.

Well it could be considered exacerbating the issue, or it could be considered good common sense. I certainly don't NOT stockpile because I am afraid I might be taking away from random strangers.

Survival of the fittest!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by winterkill
china stockpiles food while the U.S. stockpiles ammo.
hmmm
China intends to feed its people while the U.S. intends to take away everyone's guns so they are stockpiling ammo to...

help me out here.

I'll try and help...

China sees it's population as it's greatest strength and resource. Their priority is to protect, nurture and prepare their greatest resource to be their greatest strength in troubled times to come.

America sees it's population as it's biggest potential threat and challenge to it's own continued power and ability to govern. Hence, America stockpiles Ammo, weapons, MRE's in numbers far far below what the general population would need and digs bunkers fit for leaders but not normal people.

I think actions speak louder than words...and perhaps I ought to be learning Mandarin?
edit on 15-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

China is in a unique position to be aware of all potential contingencies and is preparing accordingly.

Why wouldn't they?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
this from ben fulford [jan 14] ...

Under the radar, meanwhile, efforts to get historical Asian gold deposits incorporated into the global financial system continue to [be] blocked by cabalist forces. The people trying to prevent this make claims the gold is “communist Chinese,” in order to try to prevent it from being sold in exchange for a basket of currencies.

For that reason, the Chinese have been taking all the dollars they have and spending them on as many physical commodities as they can buy. The huge Chinese stockpiles of gold, food, iron ore, metals etc. that have resulted may be used to back a final push to remove the US dollar from cabal-control. One plan being considered is for the BRICS to offer to exchange all US dollars for a new commodity backed currency (or various national currencies) during a fixed time period, after which dollars would no longer be accepted.

This would force the United States to start issuing a government currency like greenbacks, or else face complete economic collapse and chaos. It is in the interests of the West to come to a compromise over that gold before the situation in Europe and North America deteriorates to the point of revolution.

american kabuki

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
So if the U.S. had any brains, we also would be stockpiling commodities to jack the price and make it impossible for the Chinese to fulfill their dastardly plan.

So why are we stockpiling ammo?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
With the problems we are having with Climate change, why wouldn't all governments be stockpiling foods. China probably saw that their reserves were not enough to take care of their people. It isn't like the strange weather patterns seen around the world are normal, noone knows how bad it is going to get. Most people should consider stocking up a little, after all it is something most of our ancestors used to do. They canned food that lasted a couple of years and rotated so they were a winter ahead. Nowadays we are dumb and ignorant as to what the future can bring. If done right, a person can stock a years supply of food for the price of a fancy coffee each day at Starbucks. I have three months supply of coffee stockpiled ahead and it cost us about 40 bucks. Now we just buy a can on sale to replace what we use during rotation.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Interesting thread and reply's too, I just thought I would mention that rice has a very long storage life if kept dry.
If they can get the imports, why not then?

Remember just two years ago or about then the big rice shortage and all the hype that came with that?

Remember this years drought and the shipping of hay for feed all over the place?
I recall all the warnings about very expensive beef because of the drought and I am not seeing that where we live.
But I suspect it might be due to the fact only the minority of people have the money nowadays for a steak dinner or a premium roast for the family on a regular basis.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
china may be "in the know" , and are stock piling food because that is the last item on their shopping list. as far as the u.s. stock piling ammo , all i have seen is orders and paper work, i think that it may be possible that all these ammo orders are a way to move money around. the chances of the gov going barrel to barrel with the populace is pretty un realistic, especially with all of the other forms of death and oppression that the fed has mastered over the years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join