Ban Lifted On Government Sponsored Domestic Propaganda

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Another juicy tidbit that is tucked away in the NDAA is the biggest threat to information in the Homeland.

Is this why the MSM failed us more than usual in 2012?

Propaganda that was supposed to target foreigners could now be aimed at Americans, reversing a longstanding policy. “Disconcerting and dangerous,” says Shank.

An amendment that would legalize the use of propaganda on American audiences is being inserted into the latest defense authorization bill, BuzzFeed has learned.

Control your media, take your guns, and you're off to a re-education FEMA camp...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Forgot to add this source:

News Article

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
well, if it was ever really 'banned' before and allowed now, than we are in for an ear full.

I have heard nothing but government propaganda my entire life already.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

mmmm well I hope it doesnt go any further than this.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
We're all in for real treat! I knew these recent events stunk so heavily of BS for a reason, now I know.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

A few things:

A) Regardless the government has and does currently utilize propaganda domestically. I don't see how legalizing it will do anything but give people an obvious heads up as to their intentions...

B) Will probably make people question the government MORE not LESS as everything the gov says will be tainted with the possibility of propaganda...

C) I never believed the gov anyway...this is a final nail in their coffin as far as credibility is concerned

D) this is a red flag for where the "progressive" direction of this country is heading...soon well see large murals to Obama on schools with statues on every corner...they will educate the children to kneel and salute the statues and spend at least 2 minutes a day in silence admiring our "leader".

This will all be done in place of the pledge of allegiance which will be altered to fit the new educational model. Instead of one nation under "god" it will read in one government under "Obama".

just more signs of the times folks...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

You're totally right. We always knew they lied but now it's just some joke to TPTB. I don't know who said this, but I remember reading somewhere that at least 3 million Americans will have to rise to their feet and physically make things happen. Sadly, it's almost to that point and they know it. Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I don't know why, but when I read this the first thing that popped into my head was planes flying over dropping propaganda "flyers" like they have done in some countries in the Middle East. I guess if that ever happened (but I seriously doubt it) I'm sure some people might find another use for them. Can you say "toilet paper"?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

What I'm actually curious about is that we all know propaganda is agenda oriented information, meaning regardless of whether its true or not it will be used to further the agenda.

Since this is the true nature and function of propaganda HOW does the government intend to be taken seriously by anyone?

They would have to shut-down independent journalists and media as well as alternative news in order for their propaganda to take hold...otherwise everything the government says will be ridiculous to the highest degree...

Which leads me to believe "censorship" is on the horizon...its the only way propaganda will be effective...throughout history that is how it has worked anyway...

For propaganda to work people have to be ignorant to the fact its propaganda...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Thornberry warned that in the Internet age, the current law “ties the hands of America’s diplomatic officials, military, and others by inhibiting our ability to effectively communicate in a credible way.

so what I don't understand is how will legalizing domestic propaganda usage make the communications of the government credible?

also without any facts to back it up, it seems in my opinion that propaganda is being used heavily in the U.S currently, to create division among the populace for example as seen during this past years election dems vs reps, or white vs. everyone else. although this observation may be a little off topic, but it also seems that the division is being used to turn people's perception of events into clear cut (sometimes poorly executed) black and white scenarios, as if those that are controlling the information are looking to cut out all gray areas of discussion.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Well, from my understanding TPTB will just use COINTEL, HUMINT, and PSYOP warriors that are stationed right here in America. Infiltrate online journalism in all ways, shapes and forms until it too, is wiped out.

I've worked in Data Collections before and it works very similar to a public opinion poll but much more sophisticated. They will constantly monitor opinion and then tailor their Agenda to it.

The Freedom Group, meanwhile, is buying all the major long weapon makers and taking out the smaller time guys. (Keith Ratliff, John Noveske, etc)

Next thing you know, Recon teams that work around the clock - mainly while most people are sleeping - dropping off truckloads of Psyop newspapers, like this:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Just in time to help the anti-gun hysteria reach fever pitch!
The masses are crying desperately to have their rights removed - they're too dangerous.
We demand to be strip searched and breathalyzed!
We insist on daily cavity searches!
We plead for someone to tell us when to shut up!
:::waits for the punchline 2 post below this:::

Glad to see they're doing things all "legal" now.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
propaganda started in the second world war.
YOU have no idea what has been done by america,
and the press has coverd it up...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Not gonna deny that... it's just right in our faces now. There really is nothing we can do unless the people form a gigantic militia that is millions strong against this tyranny. They've already figured out that we see the lies. They don't care about damage control anymore. They're just waiting for the right time to swoop in.

Bottom line is - they have Tanks and we have pea shooters, no matter what we do.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

No it started with WW1 see here firstworldwar.com... form the link

Each of the nations which participated in World War One from 1914-18 used propaganda posters not only as a means of justifying involvement to their own populace, but also as a means of procuring men, money and resources to sustain the military campaign.
what could be the new propaganda in the US? the gun ban, FEMA, DHS, and TSA just to name a few.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I'm not sure how I feel about the source, but if this is true, its quite scary. Our media is already very close to being state run. If propaganda is allowed, well....thats how nationalist movements get started.

Strange times we live in.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Seems more like it was lifted around 2008 to me. It seems ever since I "woke up" I've notice that the press which I've always looked at as the people watch dog against government(yeah, I know, sounds dumb) has been spewing nothing but propaganda. I don't know, it seems like we've stepped into the twilight zone or something. It feels like the country I grew up in is turning against her people. Ok venting done.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Not a surprise.

The media is already owned by something like 6 mega-corporations that basically control all the info the bulk of the public receive. How easy would it be for that to now be used and controlled by the GOV?

Very easy.

In my minds eye I can see huge rallies of people whipped into a fury over one thing or another...a massive "mob" demanding actions against something they have been fed through the media....

Oh wait...I think we are already seeing that right now...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Show me where in the NDAA it says this....Don't take people's word when they say something says something. Read it yourself.

not to mention there's been government propaganda for a while now....any advertisement for the military would be an example of one. All that "support the troops" stuff is propaganda. So I'm fairly certain there was never a ban in the first place.

Your source even says:

The Pentagon spends some $4 billion a year to sway public opinion already, and it was recently revealed by USA Today the DoD spent $202 million on information operations in Iraq and Afghanistan last year.

Obviously there was never a bill banning government propaganda in the first place....
edit on 15-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
So every government employee will be given the right to lie and will be legally protected if they are caught by claiming it wasn`t a lie it was propaganda.

Nothing the government says will be trustworthy, they will be able to lie to reporters, lie to the people, lie to military members, lie to everyone and they will be legally protected under a domestic propaganda law.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join