DNA sets man free from death row but not from child support

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I had a long wrote out topic but my damn phone deleted it and I won't write it again. So here is the madness. I pay child support to my dad for a child that is not mine and I'm being denied the chance to remove my name from the birth certificate and Im not allowed to have the child because I don't have a bond with the child. And my dad is keeping the kid from the mom. I have been fighting for 5 years.

dfw.cbslocal.com...
m.topix.com...
www.takepart.com...
Here is a petition

wh.gov...
edit on 15-1-2013 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

What State are you from?

Reason I ask is because there are some states that are changing this travesty of law as so

Georgia enacted legislation in May allowing a man to stop paying court-ordered support if DNA tests prove he did not father the child in question. A similar bill has reached the California Senate after clearing the state Assembly. Measures have been introduced in several other states, including Vermont, Massachusetts and Michigan.
edit on 15-1-2013 by greenovni because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by greenovni

I think we are supposed to make it up. Who wants to give it a shot?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Ok so back in 2006 I was with this women and she had a kid. I thought the kid was mine I was with her for years. I was getting custody and she said the kid wasn't mine. I didn't believe her and got a DNA to prove he was mine... He wasn't. I took the child to his mom and said we would fix the errors. She was having trouble and my dad said he would help take care of jayson till she got back on her feet. My dad said he needed a passport to go to Mexico and needed guardianship. We signed trusting my dad. Week later child support papers in the mail. I said the child wasn't mine but still had to pay because I signed the birth certificate. Even after the court issued a DNA proving the child wasn't mine I'm still paying.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This is a topic that we do need to address. If the child is not biologically yours, then a woman shouldn't be able to just saddle you with a kid.

Tell the truth, though, they won't do anything about it because they don't care about rights. What they care about is that there's somebody they can saddle with the kid and threaten to imprison if they don't financially support, which saves the government money.
edit on 15-1-2013 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Child born in Ohio. Guardianship and child support is nevada.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

The courts don't want to eat crow for ignoring the rights of the fathers. Even in abortion cases the man never has a say. If my girlfriend or wife aborted my kid without me knowing or having a say it's murder but the courts will never see it like that.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Can I get the source for that.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This is the ridiculously bureaucratic world that we live in today.

There must be some way out. What are the mother's views on it?

Reading about things like this infuriates me!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Marble's... I been in your exact same situation sans the my father being involved.

I have learned so much about this crap that I am thinking of going to law school.

With that being said, there are some things you must learn and learn them fast, of course this depends on your situation.

1. Learn to be invisible and "own" nothing. This means that your personal possessions can be placed in Companies, living trusts etc. This also includes your "self employment".

2. Learn if your state has paternity fraud laws or if they are some bills being introduced.

3. Learn how contempt of court works!

and a few other tricks that you have available to you.

Nevada Paternity Fraud Law - Only MEN Can Commit It?

Here is the start to your new educaiton - Paternity Fraud.com

Duped dads fight child support

Here is an important one

Legal Aid for Duped Dads

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87

Can I get the source for that.

Source

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ZASHTO

I'm trying. But as long as they have a name that's all they want

Thanks for the resources. Can you guys please sign the petition and spread it. I want people to get behind it.

What sucks the most is I was willing to take care of the kid even though he wasn't mine if the courts found that no other place would be better than my care like the mom was unfit but she wasn't and even though I fought and fought I was always beat down.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87
reply to post by ZASHTO

I'm trying. But as long as they have a name that's all they want

Thanks for the resources. Can you guys please sign the petition and spread it. I want people to get behind it.

You can always SUE the bastard that is the real father

Anyway, your petition is wrongly written. You should write that petition with "the best interest of the child" slant

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Here's one for you. A friend of mine, from when I was in the Navy, got married right after his enlistment was up. He then got a job, where he worked around hazardous chemicals. His wife was concerned because some of these chemicals could cause birth defects in any children that they might have. To prevent this from happening he had his sperm frozen and placed in storage. A few years later he and his wife got divorced. Since she had her own career, she wasn't eligible to receive support payments from him. So to get back at him, she had herself artificially inseminated with the sperm that he had placed into storage. When the child was born, she named him as the Father and sued for child support. My friend demanded a DNA test and was shocked to find out that he WAS the biological father. The State didn't care how the child was conceived even though his Ex had committed fraud and forgery to have the child. He did have the last laugh though. He and his new wife, sued and won custody of the child.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
There is a simple fix for this. Mandatory DNA test on all children and parents at birth so that no man ever will be fooled into thinking it is his kid if it is not. It is a moral right to have proof where the kid came from and the assholes who cheat and lie will not have any way to hide the truth if it is supposed to be a monogamous relationship.

If the man want's to take care of another mans biological kid then it is his right but he has the right to decide just like the woman have the chance to abort a child.
edit on 15-1-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

They just to make a law where they need a DNA test to get support for a kid.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
30% of DNA tests show that the man tested is not the father

abcnews.go.com...

top topics

join