It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let them eat the day old spongecake act 2! Walmart to hire 100k vets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Reply to post by GeneralMishka

Maybe they'll be friendlier than the people who work there now, especially the third shifters. They're a creepy, anti-social bunch. You say "hi" to them and they look at you like they want to bury an ax in your head.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Obsrvr

Haven't been back to ATS in years, but was looking over the topics and noticed your name, Mishka. I have a poodle named Mishka. We call her Mimi, short for Mishka Mouska Moo.

I hate shopping at Wallmart, but sometimes it's the only place I can find certain things. So I keep a list and try to get in and out without touching too many things! lol

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
There is a Reuters story that discusses the hiring of Veterans, but also mentions buying from the US. www.reuters.com...

(Reuters) - Wal-Mart Stores Inc will buy an additional $50 billion in U.S.-made goods over the next decade in areas like sporting goods and high-end appliances in what the world's largest retailer called a bid to help boost the U.S. economy.

Terry Lundgren, chief executive of Macy's Inc and until this month the chairman of the National Retail Federation, told Reuters that Wal-Mart's plans to buy American were good but that cost would still be an issue.

"We would all love to do that, the customer will not pay more," Lundgren told Reuters on the sidelines of an NRF event where Wal-Mart presented its plans.

Walmart's U.S. unit says about two-thirds of the goods it buys for its stores are made, sourced from or grown in the United States, citing data from its suppliers. It has previously run "Made in America" campaigns, and in the early 1990s it was criticized for promoting foreign goods as domestically made.

Last year, 55 percent of Walmart U.S. sales came from groceries like food and drinks as well as other products that are typically sourced locally. Only 7 percent of Walmart U.S. sales were of apparel, jewelry and accessories, which retailers typically get from lower-cost countries.

The company said its Walmart U.S. and Sam's Club warehouse chain will increase what they already buy in the United States in categories like sporting goods, basic apparel, storage containers, games and paper products.

Walmart U.S. Chief Executive Bill Simon laid out the spending and hiring plan at the National Retail Federation's annual conference in New York.
It's starting to sound as though the dislike for Walmart is based in the past, on ideas learned which are either not correct, misleading, or outdated. The wage's are too low? Starting pay at a department store is not intended to be sufficient to raise a family on, but as has been pointed out, it's better at Walmart than other places.

I wonder if the objection to Walmart is that they're powerful and have a non-liberal history.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I'd like to know what percent of their workers are full-time and how many are part-time. The PTs end up going to the government for food stamps, Medicaid, child care, liheap--all those benefits the TAX PAYER pays for. Did you know that? Yes, the American taxpayer subsidizes Walmart employees who don't have full time employment.

Wonder if they'll continue this practice with the Vets they've pledged to hire... send them off to the Welfare Office for everything they can get? People hate these govt. benefits so much, but fail to see why they become necessary.

edit on 15-1-2013 by psyopswatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
It is Walmart's way of saying Thank You for defending the Commie China Supply that made them rich, while offering them chump change wages.

The day China Mart goes under will be a day to celebrate. They are a stain on this country.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Traditionally, Jobs like Walmart and Kmart were meant to be for young people starting out, and in the past you could support a family off of a manufacturing job. Since we have converted to a "Service Economy" thanks to the policies of criminal politicians and their bankster cronies, most manufacturing jobs are gone, so it is no wonder that you see many older people now working at these "Service Jobs" and living off of Government help to fill in the gaps.

But it is all the fault of the little people and not the Psychopaths and cronies running this country.
I wish the absolute worst for those and their families that created these traitorous policies so they could get more in their pockets and stock portfolios.

May they Burn in Hell

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Also, Obama the Crony Capitalist signed a "Hire a Veteran Tax Break" that gives companies $5,600 to $9,600 dollars per Vet.

You did not actually think there wasn't something in it for China Mart did you?
More money for them and a PR stunt to boot.

www.whitehouse.gov...

In August, President Obama called on Congress to enact tax credits that will help get veterans back to work. The Returning Heroes Tax Credit provides businesses that hire unemployed veterans with a maximum credit of $5,600 per veteran, and the Wounded Warriors Tax Credit offers businesses that hire veterans with service-connected disabilities with a maximum credit of $9,600 per veteran.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

You asked for it. You will recieve it.

news.yahoo.com...

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Wal-Mart Stores Inc will buy an additional $50 billion in U.S.-made products over the next decade in areas like sporting goods and high-end appliances in what the world's largest retailer called a bid to help boost the U.S. economy.

Raist

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

Also, Obama the Crony Capitalist signed a "Hire a Veteran Tax Break" that gives companies $5,600 to $9,600 dollars per Vet.

You did not actually think there wasn't something in it for China Mart did you?
More money for them and a PR stunt to boot.
You're right of course, but wouldn't that be true for any company that hired them? I don't see Starbucks or Whole Foods offering to hire thousnds of veterans, but they could.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

It is evil Walmart, who cares that this will help some Americans in some way.

I agree with you by the way. How many other places are offering to do this? But since it is Walmart they are evil and that is that, they can do no good what so ever in the eyes of ATS.

Raist

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

That's extremely insulting to a lot of people. Most of them are pretty average people, even if they've killed in war.
I've known plenty of marines, most of them were nice guys I couldn't distinguish from in personallity from kids who had just got out of high school.

I'd think a job at walmart is insulting after the things they've done, but at least it's something.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

A veteran plate on your car can't make up for a broken life in a double-wide or being thirty something and still drinking yourself unconscious every weekend with the same go-nowhere bunch of tools who's only topic of discussion is how #ty their jobs are or how hot the bartender is.

My veterans plate is on an e55 amg and my broken life repairs itself in a giant house. Most of the go-nowhere bunch of tools I drink with on the weekends were never in the military.

The military gave me 100% disability compensation until I was able to get my head together, and clear six figures a year.

ETA: I also happened to send a resume to walmart today. Not everyone they hire will be a door greeter, or cashier.
edit on 16-1-2013 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
All slave talk as far as I'm concerned. Which Master pays the most and which one provides a free turkey sandwich. The people who pull the strings of Walmart must either be absolutely blind to the human condition they are creating, or they must be the most heartless among us.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

And your alternative is? Where has your alternative been tried, and how did it work there? If it's never been tried, what would it look like?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by Visitor2012

And your alternative is? Where has your alternative been tried, and how did it work there? If it's never been tried, what would it look like?

There are no alternatives in this system. We're just going to see more mediocre ways of earning a living. We'll have to see this to its natural and violent end.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join