It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theories About Death

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
While I tend to think a lot against the grain, I feel that this for me is most likely a game that I decided to play against my will. I say that because its not of the time period I would normally play. So there are two things that will take place shortly after my demise. First, I will demolish whatever disk/floppy/file/cartridge/tape that hosts my version of the current game I am playing (Its fun, has its ups and downs. Just doesn't have the re-playability that I would look for from such a time sink). Second, I will remove the fancy gaming helmet, and turn to the friend or whoever spent their currency on this (Like I say, no way I would have bought it on my own accord, just not my thing) And Hit them with whatever sort of appendage I have in my true from. Then inform whom ever that might be that never again will I trust any kind of review they have to offer.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Karma doesn't imply that on your "next life" you will be treated like you treated others in another life,

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by darktouch

Karma doesn't imply that on your "next life" you will be treated like you treated others in another life,

Well, the dictionary disagrees with you:

kar·ma [kahr-muh]
noun
Hinduism, Buddhism. action, seen as bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad, either in this life or in a reincarnation: in Hinduism one of the means of reaching Brahman. Compare bhakti ( def 1 ) , jnana.
Theosophy. the cosmic principle according to which each person is rewarded or punished in one incarnation according to that person's deeds in the previous incarnation.

(Source)

But let's pretend that's wrong -- what does karma imply and how is that administered?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Reincarnation.

Anyone who does not believe in it, explain to the world why the human body loses a very small amount of weight upon death. Explain the boy who recognized his ship-mates from WWII, and other reincarnation stories and no just saying "they do not stand up to investigation" does not cut it.

Reincarnation is the most prevalent religious belief, although it may not be related to a God at all.

As some have said, there is an energy which cannot be destroyed, we refer to it as a soul. It may be our body just plugging into a "collective consciousness".

What ever it is, there is something that leaves the human body at death.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

The law of karma states, that every action performed in life creates another reaction which in turn produces a new counter action. Thus an endless chain of actions and reactions is produced which binds the living entity to his good and bad deeds.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

As an NDE experiencer no heart beat .. No Brain Waves ..Dead on Arrival and for abt 20 minutes there after .. .

I agree with PurpleVortex ... "more aware than when I was alive "

The best science can tell us is Everything is Energy .

That includes Consciousness !

All matter is Energy ... and Consciousness is energy .

From my experience ...............

Everything is Consciousness and in the material world it is the primary motivating factor for everything .

We are Energy .. We are Eternal .. We incarnate in order to evolve .

Sorry LesMisanthrope I've talked to people who like you claim to have experienced the other side .

You either embrace the Light or you don't .

Those who don't experience Nothingness.. the Void

That is not a negative ..but rather the point of evolution of the soul on finds oneself in at the moment

These Worlds of matter are the Nexus of the Dark and the Light ...

Choose carefully ... your Consciousness is the motivating factor .

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by darktouch

The law of karma states, that every action performed in life creates another reaction which in turn produces a new counter action. Thus an endless chain of actions and reactions is produced which binds the living entity to his good and bad deeds.

That still makes zero sense -- let's go back to my example, that I'm a creep who treats the poor badly. The action is that I treat the poor badly, and the reaction is that the poor are treated poorly (use the more proper terms, "cause and effect", the cause is me being a jerk, the effect is the poor being treated poorly.)

So where is the feedback mechanism there?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubSea
Reincarnation.

Anyone who does not believe in it, explain to the world why the human body loses a very small amount of weight upon death.

That's been proven to be an urban myth. One guy claimed proof that the body lost 32 grams at death, but no one, including him, has ever been able to verify it.

Explain the boy who recognized his ship-mates from WWII, and other reincarnation stories and no just saying "they do not stand up to investigation" does not cut it.

Here's just one example: Reincarnation all over again -- when looked at carefully, these things have reasonable explanations which do not rely on reincarnation, or at least they leave enough doubt to attribute it to cultural contamination (or, in that particular case, intentional deception on the part of "helpful" adults.)

As some have said, there is an energy which cannot be destroyed, we refer to it as a soul.

That's all well and good, but energy doesn't weigh anything.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
You become the time dweller inside your "envelope" of space-time laid impressions upon from conception -to-death, serving as what right now you recognize as your conscience. You time dwell inside all you were, unable to change anything (you don't have physical forms that impress space-time anymore).

You seek that moment where you "recorded" the Presence, which is the Door out of your recording.

If there was Love between yourself and another, that is a two-way bridging mechanism whereby one spirit can "rescue" another spirit trapped inside their recording with no Door out. Like what parents will do for their baby that died, for example.

The One loved everyone on Earth, over all time (half that bridging mechanism is built). All you have to do is love back to complete the bridging structure and you now withold that Door out.

In the here and now: all are space dwellers, impacted by the current of time you can do nothing about.
After death: all are time dwellers, within the recorded space you cannot change nor do anything about.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

The effect is you being an unhappy, jerk who does not know about Humility, which is one of the foundations of happiness, and also everyone has a conscience, you'll have to deal with it at the end of the day.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13

Sorry LesMisanthrope I've talked to people who like you claim to have experienced the other side .

I haven't experienced the other side; I'm still alive. Instead, you are the one claiming to have experienced the other side. Yet you're still alive. You experienced nothing but the inside of your dying brain.

You either embrace the truth or you don't.
edit on 15-1-2013 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
There is no such thing as nothingness , because nothing is still something . Your soul / energy/ consciousness got to go somewhere, because the universe doesn't waste nothing.

Absolute nothingness is the reason why space and time exists. Omniscience, to be true to the definition of Self as omnipresent, MUST exist everywhere, even inside of absolute non-existence. The kinetic to "go there" is infinite geometric division and subtraction, the one, kinetic structure that is the one Singularity.

Since that effort FAILED, a proxy non-existence is generated by inducing infinite variation and rate angular kinetics upon that One Singularity. Where that Singularity IS, as a collective of this "flight path", is the infinite expanse dimension. Where that Singularity IS NOT, as a collective of this same "flight path" is the virtual, generated, nothingness.

This is the nothingness finites, such as ourselves, are able to withold with our consciousness.

Omniscience then uses us finites as proxy tools to extract this awareness of nothingness to stake claim to omnipresence now occupying even absolute nothingness.

Win.

All us finites are tools, all are used no matter what you want, think, believe, or not. The ultimate for us finites is to become aware of this constant Communion and be a participant and celebrant instead of as a leaf blowing in the wind.
edit on 15-1-2013 by tkwasny because: typo fix

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex

Originally posted by SpearMint
Theory 1. Often people don't want to believe this because they think it's boring, but I think it's that simple, because I think life and conciousness is just chemical reactions and electrical signals. That's what I will believe until it's proven to be wrong, because that's what appears to be true.
edit on 15-1-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

Do you dream? I hope so. Well, wouldn't you say there is awareness outside of your body? Ever heard of lucid dreaming? Out of body experience? Lack of knowledge and experience dictate peoples beliefs so i don't blame you. But....you are in for a big surprise my friend.

Your point being? None of this disproves what I said, dreams are in our imagination, OBEs are in our imagination.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

reply to post by LesMisanthrope

So I experience with no brainwaves ?

You are saying Consciousness is Not brain dependent .

Interesting contradiction .

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to

Originally posted by SpearMint
Theory 1. Often people don't want to believe this because they think it's boring, but I think it's that simple, because I think life and conciousness is just chemical reactions and electrical signals. That's what I will believe until it's proven to be wrong, because that's what appears to be true.
edit on 15-1-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

so you are telling me that our brain is the only organ in existence that has become self aware of its own existence?...

or

is there something else "observing" us i.e our soul or spirit ?

why isnt our heart self aware of its own existence?...why cant the heart or spleen or kidney think about itself?

The first one, and don't be stupd, are you really comparing our brain to our other organs? Can our brain pump blood around our body? Can our hearts digest our food? Explain why what I said is not possible..

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13

Perhaps your spirit left your body and went to some non-existent realm. Perhaps you died but are now alive. Contradictions?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Whats all this brain. heart.. BS ...

The body is Energy Completely Energy .

What is so hard to grasp about that ?

I get tired of posting this ... but here we go again .

Learn .

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'm guessing between 2, 4, and 5, though I don't see much difference between 4 and 5. I'm also hoping 2 is a choice and not a requirement. 3 might be possible, though I'm unsure how you could really tell objectively. And 1, though a favorite of rationalists who admit to nothing else anyway, is unlikely, not because of my belief structure, but because of so much anecdotal evidence to the contrary. There are so very many stories of OBE/NDEs that it seems overwhelming. The rationalists would have us believe its a chemical reaction that just happens to be lying to us. This seems a tortured explanation that is as unproven as survival itself. It's almost comical to see the twisted paths people like Steven Pinker go through to get us to accept this.

NONE of this, however, presupposes God, Jesus, or any other religious belief system and it's really TOO BAD that this question is dominated by those belief systems. Kudos to OP for trying to keep this situation separate because once it's allowed to enter, NO WONDER rationalists reject it. I don't blame them and I used to be one of them myself. The religious explanations are just as torturous as claiming chemicals trick us into believing we survive death. If I have to choose between the religious explanations and the rationalist, I would choose the latter. I also maintain that if the rationalists had not been so damaged by the religious explanations, they would be more open to the ideas presented here. But they tend to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

The issue for me is how much control we have over events. Do we even have a choice? It may be that our egos, i.e.: What we consider to be our consciousness and inner being, is subsumed at another level and nowhere near as important as we now deem. In other words, we may not be as important in the scheme of things as we think we are. Naturally, THAT'S what we want to hang on to at this level. I have a nagging feeling that the reincarnation angle is something we are forced into, not something we would willingly choose.

A common theme in the reincarnation angle is that we are made to forget to see if our lessons take. That uopsets me for several reasons. One is that it is equivalent to forcing us to put a bag over our head, forget everything, and go down here to suffer through it all. Secondly, looking around I'm not sure the majority of our lives are all that great. Except for a select few, like most of us on ATS, the rest of the world live lives of hunger, poverty and disease. It would seem senseless and unnecessary suffering. So I'm not with the reinrnationists because I consider it totalitarian.

IMO what really needs to happen is that science needs to find its way to a scientific explanation for survival. That has got to be the next big step in our understanding, and once we get there it will be as big as the Enlightenment and the Renaissance. And of survival is true, science MUST get there. There aren't two separate realms. Survival can be explained scientifically, but, of course, they won't touch it, understandably.

I've just outlined my suspicions. I really do not know for sure. It amuses me when people talk as if they do.
edit on 1/15/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Since no-one replied to your question of anyone having a unique theory i'll pitch in with a few:

1. Our soul/Consciousness is bound to our bodies after death, and we lay in our coffins screaming for answers as to where we are and what's going on. Eek! This thought scares me, I'd rather have number 1 on your list than this.

2. Our spirit is not bound to our bodies after death, however it is bound to earth and places we have been physically while alive. And we are "free" to roam those places...Like a ghost.

3. My favourite...Our soul is not bound to our body or earth, and we are free to travel anywhere we want to in the universe.

4. Our life force becomes apart of the surrounding environment. Oxygen is our life force; It is needed physically for every part of our body to function, that is why it is carried via blood. Blood is the true vehicle of our life force. So when we die, we have no consciousness or soul but our life force will be recycled and we will live on in this planet through something/someone elses consciousness.

That's all I got right now.

Chip

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13

Oh man. Practice what you preach. Typical new age woo.

Energy is the ability to do work, not some magical substance. Learn.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join