It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police responding to stabbing at Wilson Southern Middle School; suspect in custody (READING, PA)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

1 student 'reportedly hurt' vs. bloody massacre two dead.

You might want to change this.
Why?
NO ONE DIED THERE!

The boy's injuries are not considering life-threatening, according to the Kern County Sheriff's Department.

A teacher who "engaged" the gunman in conversation after the shooting suffered minor injuries when he was grazed by a pellet from the 12-gauge shotgun, according to the sheriff's department.

Source- NBC

No one was slaughtered. It does make you wonder why the initial reports had two people dead. They do make the crap up.
edit on 15-1-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It's Reading, I don't know if you've ever been there but it's not a nice town. According to the 2010 census it has the highest share of citizens living in poverty in this country. Reporting a stabbing in Reading is kind of like reporting that a dog bit a guy. Latin Kings used to run a large section of town from what I remember.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
It's Reading, I don't know if you've ever been there but it's not a nice town. According to the 2010 census it has the highest share of citizens living in poverty in this country. Reporting a stabbing in Reading is kind of like reporting that a dog bit a guy. Latin Kings used to run a large section of town from what I remember.

I live in a suburb of Reading.
The school district involved produced the NFL players, Kerry Collins, Chad Henne and John Gilmore, Jr.

The city of Reading itself is as you described it.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Originally posted by butcherguy

1 student 'reportedly hurt' vs. bloody massacre two dead.

You might want to change this.
Why?
NO ONE DIED THERE!
no snip*.

I've repeated my point a few times. It shouldn't be too difficult to comprehend.

I am simply disputing the reasoning which you put forth with regards to the previous 'shotgun' story hitting the National News.

You said that the story was spread because it was a shotgun, but that doesn't seem to be the entire reason. As you said yourself, when the news first broke they were falsely reporting that there had been 2 deaths, which is the reason that the story was spread in National News.

On the other hand, when this story broke, there were no incorrect claims of a death, which is why it did not quickly spread.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Indeed, now you see that they make up facts(regarding two deaths that simply didn't happen) in order to push a story about guns being terrible.

How did it happen that they pushed a false story? Two people didn't die and then suddenly come back to life.
The teacher suffered a minor injury and the student had non life-threatening injuries.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Indeed, now you see that they make up facts(regarding two deaths that simply didn't happen) in order to push a story about guns being terrible.

How did it happen that they pushed a false story? Two people didn't die and then suddenly come back to life.
The teacher suffered a minor injury and the student had non life-threatening injuries.
Maybe. maybe not.
Could have been intentional, or it could have been accidental.

Everyone wants to be the first to post the new breaking story. It's basically the same crap that always happens here on ATS, except you can't shut down all of the other articles that come out after yours.
[color=898989](aaahhhh.. That sure would be nice though lol.)

Most of the times I search some sort of fresh Breaking News, the top 10 results(or more) usually use the exact same words. It would only take a few websites to post a story such as this, and then all the others follow right along. If you see 3 different sites posting the story, you're more inclined to believe it as being true, instead of questioning it.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Maybe. maybe not. Could have been intentional, or it could have been accidental.

Forgive me, but I really have a problem with major news organizations 'accidentally' reporting two people dead, when the reality of it is, there were two injuries. It's kind of hard to call a minor injury a death. Did they mistype the word?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Maybe. maybe not. Could have been intentional, or it could have been accidental.

Forgive me, but I really have a problem with major news organizations 'accidentally' reporting two people dead, when the reality of it is, there were two injuries. It's kind of hard to call a minor injury a death. Did they mistype the word?
but was it actually major news organizations that started posting it in the first place?

I have no idea. I'm just saying that it is possible that it began on other smaller less reputable websites, before quickly spreading to many many more.

With a short(but effective) attention-grabbing headline, It doesn't take very long for a story to spread around the globe.

It's a race. I don't know what the winner gets, but everyone always wants to be first. I'm just glad that they don't just post the headline, along with an article that consists of only one word: "FIRST!!!!'.

[color=979797]If you don't know what I'm talking about, that↑ won't make much sense. lol... but I'm assuming that you have also seen similar comments as the 1st reply on other random sites.

edit on 1/16/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join