It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police responding to stabbing at Wilson Southern Middle School; suspect in custody (READING, PA)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Police responding to stabbing at Wilson Southern Middle School; suspect in custody

readingeagle.com

The scene at Wilson Southern Middle School this morning.
Police believe they have a suspect in custody in an earlier stabbing at Wilson Southern Middle School.

The stabbing was reported about 8:30 a.m. at the building at 3100 Iroquois Ave., Spring Township.

One student was reportedly hurt and has been removed from the building.

Police sai(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 15-1-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Don't expect to see this in the national media, as no gun was used.

We saw a school shooting plastered over the national media with just two wounded, with the Kern County, CA shooting last week.

But it isn't about injured schoolchildren, it is about banning guns. There is an agenda to push any school shooting news in the media, but conveniently ignore any other violence that is far too prevalent at our public schools today

readingeagle.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

It would probably be a good idea to provide the location and/or State. If not in the title, then at least in the OP.

ETA~

Originally posted by butcherguy

But it isn't about injured schoolchildren, it is about banning guns. There is an agenda to push any school shooting news in the media, but conveniently ignore any other violence that is far too prevalent at our public schools today.

Apples and Oranges.....

1 student 'reportedly hurt' vs. a bloody massacre......

Yes, if the kid was cut badly, then it would suck, BUT 1 kid being 'reportedly hurt', is a far cry from being Breaking National News,

edit on 1/15/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Must have been one of those high-capacity assault knives. They just "go off" you know. Cant trust them.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Knife free school zones seem to be working, we need more of them!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
OMG! It is time to ban knives - even if it saves just one life - it is something that we MUST do!

You won't hear about this on national news - it doesn't help the "agenda".

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

OR You won't hear about it in National News because it is not significant enough to be deemed as National News.

BUT, it most certainly would help the 'supposed' agenda, because it shows how an idiot with a knife cannot inflict anywhere near as much damage as an idiot with a gun can.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

It would probably be a good idea to provide the location and/or State.

I edited the title, thanks for the input.

1 student 'reportedly hurt' hurt vs. a bloody massacre......

As i stated, the Kern County, CA school shooting made the national media. It was far from a 'bloody massacre'. Two children were reported to be injured by shotgun pellets.

Apples and oranges.... Agenda driven.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

As i stated, the Kern County, CA school shooting made the national media. It was far from a 'bloody massacre'. Two children were reported to be injured by shotgun pellets.
Since I am unaware of that specific incident, what was the original breaking story, when it first hit the News?

Was it that 2 kids were hit by shotgun pellets, but they were far enough away that it didn't hurt them.
OR
Was it just something about shotgun blasts being heard?

Apples and oranges.... Agenda driven.
lol Apples & Oranges = Gun Vs. Knife

He'll be ok.

Ruth said the victim is expected to be OK.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

BUT, it most certainly would help the 'supposed' agenda, because it shows how an idiot with a knife cannot inflict anywhere near as much damage as an idiot with a gun can.
You should tell that to the 3 million+ people that are killed or injured by stabbing each year in the US.

That seems like a lot more than what are u hurt or killed by guns, eh?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
And if anyone thinks it is a silly thing to call for banning knives because of an increase in stabbings, better go talk to the doctors in the UK:

British Doctors Call for Ban on Long Kitchen Knives

Violent crimes haven’t gone away with the UK’s gun control. They’ve actually gone up. Britons suffer 1,158,957 violent crimes per year, which works out at 2,034 per 100,000 residents. The U.S., meanwhile, has a rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents, which is lower than France’s, at 504 Instead of gun crime, the UK worries about knife crime. And has been practicing knife control. The UK outlawed the switchblade and gravity knife in 1959. In 1988 possession of a pocket knife with a blade larger than 3 inches in public became illegal. In 1996, it became illegal to sell a razor blade to anyone under the age of 16. In 2007, you needed a license to be able to sell “non-domestic knives.” Despite all that knifepoint robberies rose by 10 percent this year and there are some 60,000 stabbings each year. So the push is on to outlaw long kitchen knives. Once that’s done, surely utopia will be at hand.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
OMG! It is time to ban knives - even if it saves just one life - it is something that we MUST do!

I need to hear about every single accident or event in the US I really do, otherwise something is being held back and they are trying to take my things, I know it.

Also,

they can pry my knives from my cold dead hands... you try and come for my knives, and I'll butter your sandwich.

I've got a t-shirt to show how mad I am!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Here's a link to the Kern County, CA school shooting.... ATS Thread
The original title was two dead.... subsequently changed, because no one actually died.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Oh dear I wanna have a stern talk to the guy who dragged that ancient article up and posted it on here so long ago before it was deemed trollworthy due to its age and the thread closed. I just wanna have a talk, is all..

news.bbc.co.uk... < 2005 article that has been used time and time again this and last year. (edit)

Would you actually be able to make a sandwich without a knife? I'm sure you could slice some ham with a fork, and butter the bread with a spoon. But fundamentally you require a knife. Hmm.

Now why we keep going on about the inefficient ways to kill people, when we have a perfectly good weapon made just to do that, is lost on me. I just don't get it.

Guns kill people and so can knives. Nyah!

Well make my sandwich with a gun, and I'll concede you have a point.

Just don't test the turkey with your gun, it might have a little more flavour than you'd like.

edit on 15-1-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Just don't test the turkey with your gun, it might have a little more flavour than you'd like.

I have killed wild turkeys with a gun.... try that with a knife.

Then try to make a wild turkey sandwich without the turkey... That would be a wish sandwich. You wish you had some turkey.

ETA:

2005 article

So, are you saying that the British doctors did not call for the banning of long kitchen knives..... or that the article is old?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Isn't it time for the Earth to ban humans? On second thought, the Earth probably doesn't care but I bet other life forms on Earth do.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Isn't it time for the Earth to ban humans? On second thought, the Earth probably doesn't care but I bet other life forms on Earth do.

Exactly.
The problem isn't with what we can use to kill or injure people.
The problem is that so many people think that it is acceptable to do so.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

And if anyone thinks it is a silly thing to call for banning knives because of an increase in stabbings, better go talk to the doctors in the UK:

British Doctors Call for Ban on Long Kitchen Knives

Oh my yes,.
those long Knives are only for chefs,, the REAL warriors... of the kitchen..
How dare someone attempt to cook for themselves

Silly fearful Brits,, no wonder they lost against the US
edit on 15-1-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Quick to the legislation mobile ! For the sake of the CHILDREN!

Only a professional Chef needs a knife larger than 4 inches. They must have background checks for all knives over 2" in length with a national registry.

Any military looking cutting implement needs to be banned immediately and let’s have more signs saying this is a weapon free area - for the sake of the CHILDREN.

More people are killed by cars, baseball bats, knives and hammers every year than ever are with guns in 10 years. Will they come for those next - you know I bet they will.

I can see it now, only a carpenter needs a hammer of more than X size and it must be locked away with a hammer lock when not in use (after a proper carpenter check of course), baseball bats need to be locked up unless being transported to-from the field of play and one must be 16 years old to purchase a bat with a background check and MMPI.

Only people who have no reasonable access to public transportation (which is the only responsible mode of transport of course) need a car. Then to be used only for transportation to and from the workplace with an ignition breathalyzer installed for the sake of the children....

Let's all have the government decide what every person "needs".

I thought this movie was a comedy not a documentary...

We are living it...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

You should tell that to the 3 million+ people that are killed or injured by stabbing each year in the US.

That seems like a lot more than what are u hurt or killed by guns, eh?
I can't do that.
However, if I could, at least most of them would still be alive and capable of hearing me.

I'm not sure where you got that number(3 million) from, but I found this↓.

In 2009, an estimated 1,318,398 violent crimes occurred nationwide, a decrease of 5.3 percent from the 2008 estimate.

www2.fbi.gov...

So I guess about half of the stabbings weren't violent.

Information collected regarding type of weapon showed that firearms were used in 67.1 percent of the Nation’s murders, 42.6 percent of robberies, and 20.9 percent of aggravated assaults. (Weapons data are not collected for forcible rape.)

www2.fbi.gov...

Here's a link to the Kern County, CA school shooting.... ATS Thread
The original title was two dead.... subsequently changed, because no one actually died.
That's not at all surprising.

So like I said:

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

But it isn't about injured schoolchildren, it is about banning guns. There is an agenda to push any school shooting news in the media, but conveniently ignore any other violence that is far too prevalent at our public schools today.

[color=DEBAAF]Apples and Oranges.....

1 student 'reportedly hurt' vs. bloody massacre two dead.

edit on 1/15/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join