Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Do you love Satan and demons as scriptures say you should?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by Wonders

Originally posted by dodol

No, I wont push you to change. It is your right

I just hope that my posts can help others to overcome the fear of being watched by a short tempered god or the fear of Satan's existence

Just remember that when we all die we cannot bring whatever we own in this world with us, that's including our body, our mind, our faith, our house, and so on.

They all belong to this life. We only borrow them. When we die we have to return them to this world.
Even if Satan does exist, does it matter?
There's something else within every one of us that is much greater than all things exist in this world.

Jesus left us a clue. Kingdom of God is within you. We just have to find it within us. The more we rely on our human senses the more we lose our True Identity.

You telling people that Satan does not exist is not going to suddenly make them brave.
Please show me where in the bible that when we all die we cannot bring our mind, faith, personality, memories, emotions? You won't, because that's not what the bible says. Context really IS important when it comes to reading comprehension.

You take an angel of light and paint him as an angel of darkness. God does not create darkness.
God would not bring darkness to Eden and allow evil access to his new children. Please rethink your context.

If hell as a concept is a church creation and not a God creation then it would be substandard and less moral than Gods. God sets morality from your point of view.

Fact is, hell is an immoral construct and thus God would not create it.

It follows then that hell is a church construct and not a God construct.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL
Oh please, you think that people should love Satan and demons and you're going to tell me what's immoral? Sickening.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Here's the plain and simple, irrefutable logic behind the reason you should love Satan:

Satan is God's creation.

Disregard your indoctrinated preconceptions spoon fed to you by the corrupt crusading church, and think about what I said. Stop filtering your reasoning with indoctrination and clear your mind, take a few deep breaths, and think about it.

The fact is, to not love anything and everything that exists is disrespect to the creator of it. And for that, you'll be damned.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Here's the plain and simple, irrefutable logic behind the reason you should love Satan:

Satan is God's creation.

Disregard your indoctrinated preconceptions spoon fed to you by the corrupt crusading church, and think about what I said. Stop filtering your reasoning with indoctrination and clear your mind, take a few deep breaths, and think about it.

The fact is, to not love anything and everything that exists is disrespect to the creator of it. And for that, you'll be damned.

THAT IS WHY JESUS'S TEACHINGS OF LOVE WILL SAVE YOU!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Fine. If I ever run into him someday I'll give him a hug and offer some Skittles. And if he needs bus fare I can help there too.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

And not to mention he's got that wrong. satan isn't an angel of light. The Bible says he "masquerades as" an angel of light.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Satan is God's creation.

I disagree.
1 John 2:15 Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you.

Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

James 4:4 You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.

Matthew 6:24 "No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

John 15:19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

Romans 8:7 the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so.

Need I go on?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

I see a bunch of metaphors that are open to interpretation, and as such, I am able to justify my point throughmy interpretation of each verse you quoted , but then you will also be able to justify your point through your opposing interpretation, and then what we will have is an argument over interpretations that will lead us nowhere, so I'm not even going to bother.
edit on 18-1-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Greatest I am

Well, Satan and his demons are not human. If they were I would suppose so.

God said to love sinners. He did not say anything about them being human or not.

Fact is he shows his love for Satan every day that goes by and he does not carry out the sentence Christians believe he imposed on Satan.

Is justice delayed justice denied in your opinion?

Regards
DL

That's the obvious implication. Herp derp

God said to love our brothers and love our neighbors, could you show me the verse that says we are to "love sinners"?

edit on 17-1-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

Well, as I understand it, there are children of God and children of Satan. Satan's offspring are highly unlikely to be holy as God is holy as scripture commands of followers. In my opinion, as a reader of the bible, "love sinners" would mean the same thing as:
Luke 6:35 "Love your enemies! Do good to them. Lend to them without expecting to be repaid. Then your reward from heaven will be very great, and you will truly be acting as children of the Most High, for he is kind to those who are unthankful and wicked.

Luke 6:28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

Luke 6:36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

Psalm 58:11 Then men will say, "Surely the righteous still are rewarded; surely there is a God who judges the earth."

2 Timothy 3:2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,

Pretty amazing that God expects holiness from his human creation.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
No.

I would attack with every drop of my Viking and Phoenician blood, and say to the demon. Do cheann im chrios - "Your head in my belt", and then proceed to chop their demon heads off, and wear them as trophies on my belt.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Wonders

I see a bunch of metaphors that are open to interpretation, and as such, I am able to justify my point throughmy interpretation of each verse you quoted , but then you will also be able to justify your point through your opposing interpretation, and then what we will have is an argument over interpretations that will lead us nowhere, so I'm not even going to bother.

Specifically, the word, "world".

Some might say that this is referring to the world itself and everything in it, but then that would contradict passages such as, "Love your neighbor", which is a thing in the world.

I would say that "world" in most biblical contexts refers either to the self centered nature of man, or man's overriding quest to obtain material wealth, or both.

And it is by that interpretation that my statement, "Love satan" remains unchallenged by those verses. But, those verses do call for a certain type of behavior, and if you look closely, you'll see that it is advocating love, which is all I was really supporting in the first place. So I don't see what your argument is, unless of course, you're one of the one who interprets the word, "world" in the Bible literally, at which point I say, "Love your neighbor".

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Wonders

Some might say that this is referring to the world itself and everything in it, but then that would contradict passages such as, "Love your neighbor", which is a thing in the world.

And it is by that interpretation that my statement, "Love satan" remains unchallenged by those verses. But, those verses do call for a certain type of behavior, and if you look closely, you'll see that it is advocating love, which is all I was really supporting in the first place. So I don't see what your argument is, unless of course, you're one of the one who interprets the word, "world" in the Bible literally, at which point I say, "Love your neighbor".

Sorry, but a noun is a person, place, OR thing. A person is NOT a thing.
Satan is NOT a human being.
John 14:15 "If you love me, obey my commandments.

John 14:21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

John 15:10 If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.

1 John 2:3 We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands.

1 John 5:3 This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,

2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

reply to post by Wonders

Sorry, but a noun is a person, place, OR thing. A person is NOT a thing.
Satan is NOT a human being.

Are you seriously trying to support your argument by trying to tell me what the definition of a noun is? It's not going to do you any good anyway because either way, all nouns exist in the world.

John 14:15 "If you love me, obey my commandments.

John 14:21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

John 15:10 If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.

1 John 2:3 We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands.

1 John 5:3 This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,

2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

Okay, so you agree that we should love. Now are you going to say that we should only llove ones who we think are worthy ?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

Nothing you just wrote contradicts anything I have said

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Back when I was a traditional catholic, I always mind F-ed myself with the thought of God forgiving the devil. That if anyone could HE could. I also used to think of the ultimate act of love being that of forgiving the ultimate evil....

I dont anymore.

The devil doesnt exist, beyond what we allow in ourselves to emulate that behavior, and God is not a "person" or entity in the sky.

Ultimate love like ultimate hate is not special. It is common place in every person at one point or another.....

edit on 19-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Wonders

Oh, well here you go;

Matthew 4:10 Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.'"

Matthew 25:41 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Matthew 7:23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

From reading these three verses, there's more, but I'll make this short. Saying, "Away from me" or "Depart from me" are your clues.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Wonders

Oh, well here you go;

Matthew 4:10 Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.'"

Matthew 25:41 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Matthew 7:23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

From reading these three verses, there's more, but I'll make this short. Saying, "Away from me" or "Depart from me" are your clues.

Almost anything supranatural in NT like exorcism, resurrection, etc, can be credited to super beings like Mithras, Horus, etc.

But the teachings of Jesus that wants us To Love, To Let Go, To Forgive, etc (All wisdom teachings in NT), IMHO, are genuine.
edit on 19-1-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

Okay, you may have somewhat of a point. But let's look at my original statement. Can you refute it using your own logic, or do you have to rely on the bible to determine what is logical for you?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Does love the sinner and hate the sin means that Satan and demons are to be loved?

The reason being that sin is a happy fault and necessary to our growth. Listen to this hymn please.

www.youtube.com...

Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

This statement has no qualifiers and since Christian tradition says that we are all sinners then it follows that all souls and sinners end in heaven. If God loves all sinners then this view must include Satan and demons and all of us as we are told that we as sinners have all been condemned and thus in need of salvation. It would also mean that non-believers, atheists and those of all the other faiths who are truly lost will also be saved by Jesus.

If that be the case then what this bishop says must be truth in that hell is a religious construct and a lie.

www.youtube.com...

These logical inferences are quite clear and I would like to hear from any who can argue against our having to love Satan and demons and against the notion that hell does not exist.

Haha, Satan would love the sinner to believe that the Lake of Fire isn't real, because Satan knows his end, that he will be thrown in hell for eternity, and he wants as many souls suffering with him as he can get, as misery loves company. There is no Bible verse stating to "Hate the sin; love the sinner". This quote came directly from Gandhi’s autobiography of 1929. This is almost akin to the flat earth myth being attributed to the Bible in order to make it look foolish. Hating the sin while claiming to love the sinner is an excuse to point out the shortcomings of others rather than ourselves.

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. - Matthew 7: 1 - 5

This really makes the pedophiles in the Catholic Church proclaiming to forgive people for their sins look like some of the biggest hypocrites in the history of the world, the kind of people that would tell you to "Hate the sin; love the sinner". Only Jesus can forgive sins.

Unconditional love should mean that God loves all unconditionally including Satan and demons.

Is God’s love unconditional or does it come with conditions like us having to love, honor and obey him?

Is sin necessary for mental growth?

Regards
DL

Yes Gods love is conditional actually, no matter how much the creatures that call themselves Bishops would like you to believe otherwise. We are told to have no fellowship with Devils.

Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils. - 1 Corinthians

Hence why we are told to stay away from anybody engaging in any occult activity, so as to not 'give place the Devil'. We are not to show any love for Satan, the master deceiver, who is the embodiment of all sin, who introduced death into the world by tempting Adam & Eve to eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

edit on 20-1-2013 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Does love the sinner and hate the sin means that Satan and demons are to be loved?

The reason being that sin is a happy fault and necessary to our growth. Listen to this hymn please.

This statement has no qualifiers and since Christian tradition says that we are all sinners then it follows that all souls and sinners end in heaven. If God loves all sinners then this view must include Satan and demons and all of us as we are told that we as sinners have all been condemned and thus in need of salvation. It would also mean that non-believers, atheists and those of all the other faiths who are truly lost will also be saved by Jesus.

If that be the case then what this bishop says must be truth in that hell is a religious construct and a lie.
These logical inferences are quite clear and I would like to hear from any who can argue against our having to love Satan and demons and against the notion that hell does not exist.

Many say that God is love.

Scriptures also say that God hates sinners even in the womb as in the story of Jacob and Esau contradicting what was said above.

If God is love, how could he hate anyone including Satan and demons?

If sin cannot abide in God as tradition states and God hates, ---- and to hate is a sin, then does sin abide in God?

Unconditional love should mean that God loves all unconditionally including Satan and demons.

Is God’s love unconditional or does it come with conditions like us having to love, honor and obey him?

First of all, where is the scripture of yours stating specifically that believers should love Satan and demons?
Secondly, why, after I've given scripture do you ask me to resort to my own logic as though I'm not capable of seeing the logic in the bible and agreeing with it.
I am of the opinion that those who follow Jesus "go and sin no more", I can't help that many people choose to believe the lie that God gave his followers the purpose in life to perpetually sin.
As you'd be able to see in one of the scriptures I shared, where Jesus said,"IF you love me, you'll obey my commands."
So yes, God's love comes with conditions, "unconditional love" is a man-made construct of a get-out-of-jail-free card which just does not mesh with a just and true God, because Jesus assures us that unless we forgive others from our heart that we ourselves will be thrown into "prison".
Sin is not necessary for mental growth, anyone who causes one of these little ones who believes in Jesus to sin would have been better off if they had tied a millstone around their neck and dropped into the sea.
Jesus said to cut your hand off if it causes you to sin...you are doing anyone whose gullible enough to side with your blindness a disservice by not searching these things out for yourself. Please do not rely so much on what the majority of ignorant folk fall for, just because one bishop refuses to believe that hell is real, that does not discount the others who have experienced otherwise. If you think that Jesus is a bad guy for casting demons out of people then you'll have to account for your own mental health and reasoning thereof.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Many say that God is love.

Scriptures also say that God hates sinners even in the womb as in the story of Jacob and Esau contradicting what was said above.

If God is love, how could he hate anyone including Satan and demons?

If sin cannot abide in God as tradition states and God hates, ---- and to hate is a sin, then does sin abide in God?

First of all, where is the scripture of yours stating specifically that believers should love Satan and demons?
Secondly, why, after I've given scripture do you ask me to resort to my own logic as though I'm not capable of seeing the logic in the bible and agreeing with it.
I am of the opinion that those who follow Jesus "go and sin no more", I can't help that many people choose to believe the lie that God gave his followers the purpose in life to perpetually sin.
As you'd be able to see in one of the scriptures I shared, where Jesus said,"IF you love me, you'll obey my commands."
So yes, God's love comes with conditions, "unconditional love" is a man-made construct of a get-out-of-jail-free card which just does not mesh with a just and true God, because Jesus assures us that unless we forgive others from our heart that we ourselves will be thrown into "prison".
Sin is not necessary for mental growth, anyone who causes one of these little ones who believes in Jesus to sin would have been better off if they had tied a millstone around their neck and dropped into the sea.
Jesus said to cut your hand off if it causes you to sin...you are doing anyone whose gullible enough to side with your blindness a disservice by not searching these things out for yourself. Please do not rely so much on what the majority of ignorant folk fall for, just because one bishop refuses to believe that hell is real, that does not discount the others who have experienced otherwise. If you think that Jesus is a bad guy for casting demons out of people then you'll have to account for your own mental health and reasoning thereof.

Well said, exactly what I was saying. Gods love only goes so far, he will only tolerate so much, and if you don't want to experience the full force of his wrath, in this life or the afterlife you will obey his commandments.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join