It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you love Satan and demons as scriptures say you should?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jameliel
I "must" not do anything simply because you say it and see things that way. I "must" do, think , and feel what I learn from my own experiences and from observing others experiences. You "must" do what you you will do, not anyone else unless they feel it themselves. It is not for me to say why God did/does some of the complex things he did/does. I wonder "WHY" about many things, but I'm wise enough to know I don't "HAVE" to know the why right now.

Again, I HATE satan and his minions. I believe God HATES him and his dark influences as well. Somehow inside of myself I feel this=) If you feel differently, maybe you are right. Eventually we will probably know in another life. Maybe at that time we will be able to look back on this and share a laugh, who knows? The only thing I know about knowing, is that none of us really "KNOW" anything about WHY God does or did certain things. We can read books and make our own assumptions based on what others have told us and what we have observed, but unless God stands in front of you on this Earth and tells you "WHY", then at the foundation, we really only have our assumptions. That goes for me, you and everyone else=)

Originally posted by Greatest I am

reply to post by Greatest I am

I do not take every work in the "Scriptures" as literal, nor do I even know if the verse you used was originally written that way. I HATE murderers of innocence. I HATE the molestation of little children. I HATE cold-heartedness and uncaring for others. Therefore I HATE satan and all his little minions.

I also do not believe that God "loves" satan. Perhaps he once did, but it is my belief that he HATES satan with righteous anger and righteous hate. Hate not being a malicious term in the way I use it, but the opposite of love as there must be. I do not love satan, I detest it.

There are those who would try to make it as if you can walk on both sides of the fence=) You must choose.

I also do not love all and share that with you but if you are a believer then you must believe that God had hate in his heart that needed expression from the very beginning.

Why else would a God who knows all that his creations would do ahead of time create a Satan if he did not want him around?

If you believe in a Satan then you must also believe that Satan has been sentenced to hell by God. You m7ustr then ignore the fact that justice delayed is justice denied and your God allows Satan to roam freely.

Ever wonder why God favors evil?

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

Have a dose of tough love.

Duh, I don't know why I follow God duh. I just duh, do.

If you cannot say why you follow your God then you are useless to both me and God.
Your morality has been compromised by your religion.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Father loves all including Satan, man on the other hand, just doesn't have that kind of love for all as Father does.

Then there can be no hell and Satan is just doing God's bidding. Right?

Regards
DL

Father can still love but seperate his children. Satan is sent there to learn, thus why he is not destroyed in the beginning.

I have talked about this in my thread, Does God love Satan? If you look in my list of threads.

People will read here to see your view here and will not navigate all over this site looking for it.
Do not be so lazy.

So separation to purposeless torture in hell and then death is what God does to those he loves. Ok.
IOW, God hates the vast majority of us.

And you follow such a father. Insanity.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I can't link a thread on a mobile device.

Can you show me where I stated hell exists and he sends people to torture?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I can't link a thread on a mobile device.

Can you show me where I stated hell exists and he sends people to torture?

You separated the souls into two camps. What are those camps if not heaven and hell?

They are the only two camps God offers.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You have a dose of "lose your ego". I don't need to explain to you why I follow my God. Useless to you is once again your opinion and feeling. Nothing more, nothing less. I recommend you spend some time alone and learn to "let go". =) I feel you are one who will be shocked. Your base is in your own reality and you fail to realize perceptions equating to self are not equating to everyone else.

Your only explanation so far is something you have read. Would you like some applause and a bow for your opinion. Nothing has been proven by you. Simply more of the same, "I believe THIS way because I see something THIS way, so according to ME, YOU SHOULD also see THIS way as I SAY, because I explained it THIS way, so this way according to ME is right". Let go of your ego, and it will come back to you in a way so that you can use it better.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I've come to believe and even to know with certainty through reason and logic, that evil (and thus the possibility of hell) was swallowed up by the Great Work of Jesus Christ.

See The Problem of Good vs. Evil (A tribute to Carl Jung by Alan Watts) for more..

We should note re: hell that in Revelation hell and hades and thrown away and anyone caught in it end up in oblivion via "the second death".

Therefore there's no one to love except those who are now, and if there remains a satan or demons, I leave that up to God while reaching out to my fellow man in Christ.

The living water that's freely available to all who thirst, that's non dualistic, as are the two trees on either side of the river, which may represent an integration of left and right brain hemispheres.

Let us keep our focus on the love of God however, and seek not to provoke or to stir up enmity.

Furthermore, in the domain of love there is no motive to sin, and sin, being without reason, burns itself out in the light of truth and understanding.

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 15-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

I've come to believe and even to know with certainty through reason and logic, that evil (and thus the possibility of hell) was swallowed up by the Great Work of Jesus Christ.

See The Problem of Good vs. Evil (A tribute to Carl Jung by Alan Watts) for more..

We should note re: hell that in Revelation hell and hades and thrown away and anyone caught in it end up in oblivion via "the second death".

Therefore there's no one to love except those who are now, and if there remains a satan or demons, I leave that up to God while reaching out to my fellow man in Christ.

The living water that's freely available to all who thirst, that's non dualistic, as are the two trees on either side of the river, which may represent an integration of left and right brain hemispheres.

Let us keep our focus on the love of God however, and seek not to provoke or to stir up enmity.

Furthermore, in the domain of love there is no motive to sin, and sin, being without reason, burns itself out in the light of truth and understanding.

Best Regards,

NAM

You listen to Watts with only half your mind.

www.youtube.com...

You might also realize that you cannot help but sin.

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature then, the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin.

Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that evil is all human generated. Evil is our responsibility.

Much has been written to explain what I see as a natural part of evolution.

Consider.
First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created.

Evil then is only human to human.
As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.
Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil at all times.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.

This, to me, explains why there is evil in the world quite well.

Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, we should all see that what Christians see as something to blame, evil, we should see that what we have, competition, deserves a huge thanks for being available to us.

There is no conflict between nature and God on this issue. This is how things are and should be. We all must do what some will think is evil as we compete and create losers to this competition.

Regards
DL
edit on 15-1-2013 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

What you fail to recognize is how God was "ahead of the curve" in providing a resolution to the problem of evil, by taking full responsibility for it.

The question then posed is how shall we respond to this great work, without looking for excuses for our sin or blaming God for our own evils.

Perhaps it's also a model of leadership with respect to this issue of responsibility and of liberating ourselves to pursue the good and righteousness for it's own sake and for it's own reward.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Flow of the living water, tree(s) of life.

From our POV, we ought and need not consider the duality, while always pursuing that very best object of desire that truly satisfies, and eating of that tree, since for us, it is the only way to relate to God, and the only one that makes any rational sense whereby anything else is patently absurd and ridiculous (the will to sin) to begin with. Sure we all fall short of the glory of God, but God has represented himself to us in such a way that we are reintegrated where our shortcomings are filled by intercessory grace to make us whole again, in repentance and forgiveness, which is always freely available to all who who are in need and who are thirsty. Let them come and let all who hear say come, and freely drink the living water.

There is nothing else, no duality, no separation. The veil was torn assunder, by a man who was also God.

To fail to recognize it, as the resolution to the problem and introducing another duality, is also absurd and ridiculous, so it's a double bind with only one resolution, which opens up like a flower from all angles and perspectives, and then we go ah HA and then maybe cry and laugh a bit, and then smile.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Not eat or be eaten but "here, eat of me" instead.

We are thus protected from the possibility of "predation" by any and every "power and principality" whether of the air, of this world or any other, by the King of Love.

And instead, we are seated at or near the head of a very VERY large table, where all can eat together in mutual harmony. We are no longer of "tooth and claw".

Bread of Life!

Cheers,

NAM

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I do not take every work in the "Scriptures" as literal, nor do I even know if the verse you used was originally written that way. I HATE murderers of innocence. I HATE the molestation of little children. I HATE cold-heartedness and uncaring for others. Therefore I HATE satan and all his little minions.

I also do not believe that God "loves" satan. Perhaps he once did, but it is my belief that he HATES satan with righteous anger and righteous hate. Hate not being a malicious term in the way I use it, but the opposite of love as there must be. I do not love satan, I detest it.

There are those who would try to make it as if you can walk on both sides of the fence=) You must choose.

Hatred is very addicting.
The deeper you fall into it, the harder it is to get out.
Learn how to forgive and let go.
Because you cannot carry this hatred with you afterlife.
Hatred belongs to this life only.
To me, everybody deserves a second chance to repent, no matter what kind of sins the person did.
They commit crime because they are 'blind'
And it is our job to un-blind them.
edit on 15-1-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Scriptures do not say that believers should love Satan, your reasoning is whack. You don't believe in God and yet you're trying to dictate to others that they should side with your "love satan and demons" twisting of scripture. The only people who would believe you are creeps who don't care about the truth whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders
Scriptures do not say that believers should love Satan, your reasoning is whack. You don't believe in God and yet you're trying to dictate to others that they should side with your "love satan and demons" twisting of scripture. The only people who would believe you are creeps who don't care about the truth whatsoever.

Satan and minions are just symbols for bad people who commit sins.
They are not real.
Why they have to hide in human forms if they are powerful angels?
Cant they do better like start destroying the planet and force people to bow before them? Like End of Days movie?
They can't because they are just symbols.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodol

They are not real.
Cant they do better like start destroying the planet and force people to bow before them? Like End of Days movie?

No, Satan and demons are NOT "just symbols for bad people who commit sins."
They do exist.
Who said that they HAVE TO hide in human forms?
You are evidently one of those people whom I spoke of who don't care at all to learn the truth for themselves.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

They are not real.

No, Satan and demons are NOT "just symbols for bad people who commit sins."
They do exist.
Who said that they HAVE TO hide in human forms?
You are evidently one of those people whom I spoke of who don't care at all to learn the truth for themselves.

I believe you should learn how to remove your fear.
Your fear makes you believe they do exist.
Bible and other holy scriptures should not be taken literally.

You should start reading Bible as a Wisdom seeker.
Focus on finding the Wisdom teachings
Not focusing on those myths about the war between good and evil.

The war between good and evil is inside your heart
Like choices:
To murder or not to murder?
To steal or not to steal?
To lie or not to lie?
To hurt or not to hurt?
To love or to hate?
And so on.

Dont let fear trap you in illusion.

edit on 15-1-2013 by dodol because: fix my writings.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Like choices:
To lie or not to lie?
To hurt or not to hurt?
To love or to hate?
And so on.

I have a different perspective than you say I do. I believe that your fear leads you to believe that they do not exist.
You are in no position to tell me what I should and should not take literally, grow up.
I am not afraid of the truth.
The bible is clear, the cowardly are not worthy to escape.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Well, satan and his demons are not human. If they were I would suppose so.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

the cowardly are not worthy to escape.

Yes, but once the gates of hell are crashed, which they are, and the door of heaven opened, which it is, then all who hear his voice (including the cowards) and follow ought to be able to make their escape.

It's the willful and the hard hearted and the stubbornly ignorant who block their own way and that of others, so they "pile up" I suppose, until one among them has the courage to see the light, and that one then becomes a voice for others to follow, and so on and so forth whereby God's desire is for none to be lost.

Sometimes these things I think were placed in our way (Revelation) to test our mettle and to goad us ie: none should wish to see others lost and destroyed, or we become like viscous wolves, and then our own way is barred.

It does take a certain courage of mind and heart though, to come to see and know the truth that sets us free, that's true, and it involves also the courage to face our own demons, and to be transformed according to the mind and heart and the likeness of Christ.

I refuse to snarl at anyone any more including this "Greatest I am" who seems filled with anger and hatred, and thus with his own fear, which can cause a person to try to find any other way in but through the gatefold. It's almost amuzing to watch, until it's not anymore, may he (they) receive the "double bind" of Christ who's only resolution involves their liberation from the snare of the duality of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil who's fruit is death since we cannot replace God nor should anyone try because it's just not appropriate, it's not how we were created which was to be in relationship with God with us his children, or in what I would call an indispensable I-thou relationship.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Like choices:
To lie or not to lie?
To hurt or not to hurt?
To love or to hate?
And so on.

I have a different perspective than you say I do. I believe that your fear leads you to believe that they do not exist.
You are in no position to tell me what I should and should not take literally, grow up.
I am not afraid of the truth.
The bible is clear, the cowardly are not worthy to escape.

No, I wont push you to change. It is your right

I just hope that my posts can help others to overcome the fear of being watched by a short tempered god or the fear of Satan's existence

Just remember that when we all die we cannot bring whatever we own in this world with us, that's including our body, our mind, our faith, our house, and so on.

They all belong to this life. We only borrow them. When we die we have to return them to this world.
Even if Satan does exist, does it matter?
There's something else within every one of us that is much greater than all things exist in this world.

Jesus left us a clue. Kingdom of God is within you. We just have to find it within us. The more we rely on our human senses the more we lose our True Identity.

edit on 15-1-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

No, I wont push you to change. It is your right

I just hope that my posts can help others to overcome the fear of being watched by a short tempered god or the fear of Satan's existence

Just remember that when we all die we cannot bring whatever we own in this world with us, that's including our body, our mind, our faith, our house, and so on.

They all belong to this life. We only borrow them. When we die we have to return them to this world.
Even if Satan does exist, does it matter?
There's something else within every one of us that is much greater than all things exist in this world.

Jesus left us a clue. Kingdom of God is within you. We just have to find it within us. The more we rely on our human senses the more we lose our True Identity.

You telling people that Satan does not exist is not going to suddenly make them brave.
Please show me where in the bible that when we all die we cannot bring our mind, faith, personality, memories, emotions? You won't, because that's not what the bible says. Context really IS important when it comes to reading comprehension.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join