Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Do you love Satan and demons as scriptures say you should?

page: 1
4
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Do you love Satan and demons as scriptures say you should?

Does love the sinner and hate the sin means that Satan and demons are to be loved?

The reason being that sin is a happy fault and necessary to our growth. Listen to this hymn please.

www.youtube.com...

Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

This statement has no qualifiers and since Christian tradition says that we are all sinners then it follows that all souls and sinners end in heaven. If God loves all sinners then this view must include Satan and demons and all of us as we are told that we as sinners have all been condemned and thus in need of salvation. It would also mean that non-believers, atheists and those of all the other faiths who are truly lost will also be saved by Jesus.

If that be the case then what this bishop says must be truth in that hell is a religious construct and a lie.

www.youtube.com...

These logical inferences are quite clear and I would like to hear from any who can argue against our having to love Satan and demons and against the notion that hell does not exist.

Many say that God is love.

Scriptures also say that God hates sinners even in the womb as in the story of Jacob and Esau contradicting what was said above.

If God is love, how could he hate anyone including Satan and demons?

If sin cannot abide in God as tradition states and God hates, ---- and to hate is a sin, then does sin abide in God?

Unconditional love should mean that God loves all unconditionally including Satan and demons.

Is God’s love unconditional or does it come with conditions like us having to love, honor and obey him?

Is sin necessary for mental growth?

Regards
DL




posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


Father loves all including Satan, man on the other hand, just doesn't have that kind of love for all as Father does.



posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I love using them when writing fantasy story.
In the past, I wrote them as the villains.
These days, I write them as guardians (summons) to help the heroes defeating the fake god manifested by humans' faiths
edit on 15-1-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The often quoted Love the sinner and Hate the sin is based on the following Biblical passage:

22 Be merciful to those who doubt; 23 save others by snatching them from the fire; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.
Jude 1:22-23

This is not a provision to love those who, in full knowledge of the consequence of their choices; choose sin. I imagine that the foreknowledge of the betrayal being committed could not be said to apply of anyone more than Satan and his minions. Satan knows God as completely as any created being possibly could and chooses out of malice and envy to rebel. I assume that forgiveness would be given if sought however God's knowledge exceeds the bounds of time and it has been made clear in the Bible that Satan shall meet his fate with no such desire for redemption.

If you really feel like your view is correct there is an entire denomination of Christianity which espouses a similar belief. I feel it is misguided but I am not an expert and it is not my place to judge. You can read more about it here: Christian Universalism

edit on 15-1-2013 by Josephus because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
They are the only ones I pray for as they need it the most.



posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
i can pity the satan, learn from his faults but not love.
The whole idea of love the sinner hate the sin is impossible to accept as its like hate the gun but love the shooter!
But i also believe in the idea, Every saint has a past and every sinner may have a future.



posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
and they bury their heads in ignorance, seeking out each other with phrases from a con book. humanity...

Smothering themselves in their own nest, failing to ever fly... never to be free




posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


Father loves all including Satan, man on the other hand, just doesn't have that kind of love for all as Father does.


Then there can be no hell and Satan is just doing God's bidding. Right?

Regards
DL



posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodol
I love using them when writing fantasy story.
In the past, I wrote them as the villains.
These days, I write them as guardians (summons) to help the heroes defeating the fake god manifested by humans' faiths
edit on 15-1-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)


A worthy pursuit but frustrating as most follow instead of lead.

Regards
DL



posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Jesus said:

43“You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’r and hate your enemy. 44But I say, love your enemies!s Pray for those who persecute you! 45In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. 46If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. 47If you are kind only to your friends,t how are you different from anyone else? Even pagans do that. 48But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect.

Source: nlt.scripturetext.com...

If your enemies are Satan and his minions, you have to love them if you believe in Jesus



posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus
The often quoted Love the sinner and Hate the sin is based on the following Biblical passage:

22 Be merciful to those who doubt; 23 save others by snatching them from the fire; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.
Jude 1:22-23

This is not a provision to love those who, in full knowledge of the consequence of their choices; choose sin. I imagine that the foreknowledge of the betrayal being committed could not be said to apply of anyone more than Satan and his minions. Satan knows God as completely as any created being possibly could and chooses out of malice and envy to rebel. I assume that forgiveness would be given if sought however God's knowledge exceeds the bounds of time and it has been made clear in the Bible that Satan shall meet his fate with no such desire for redemption.

If you really feel like your view is correct there is an entire denomination of Christianity which espouses a similar belief. I feel it is misguided but I am not an expert and it is not my place to judge. You can read more about it here: Christian Universalism

edit on 15-1-2013 by Josephus because: (no reason given)


You fell it is misguided because Christianity is misguiding you.
Go to the source and note that it saw an elevation of man and not his fall.

www.mrrena.com...

Note that the source of your bible sees virtue in rebellion against blissful ignorance while Christianity favors blind obedience and unfounded guilt.

Regards
DL.



posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
They are the only ones I pray for as they need it the most.


Praying is a self-centered wish from those who want to think they have God's ear.
The soldier who prays for life is praying that God kills the other.

Regards
DL



posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by logical7
i can pity the satan, learn from his faults but not love.
The whole idea of love the sinner hate the sin is impossible to accept as its like hate the gun but love the shooter!
But i also believe in the idea, Every saint has a past and every sinner may have a future.


If we cannot help but sin and it is necessary for us to do so to survive then to have religions produce unnecessary guilt is immoral and destructive to all who believe.

Can you help but sin?
Is sin a happy fault and necessary to your growth?

Regards
DL



posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
and they bury their heads in ignorance, seeking out each other with phrases from a con book. humanity...

Smothering themselves in their own nest, failing to ever fly... never to be free





Freedom brings responsibility. Sheep prefer to just eat and # till they get sheered and eaten.

Regards
DL



posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodol
Jesus said:

43“You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’r and hate your enemy. 44But I say, love your enemies!s Pray for those who persecute you! 45In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. 46If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. 47If you are kind only to your friends,t how are you different from anyone else? Even pagans do that. 48But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect.

Source: nlt.scripturetext.com...

If your enemies are Satan and his minions, you have to love them if you believe in Jesus


Exactly.

Is sin a happy fault and necessary to your growth?
Is there a hell?

Regards
DL



posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


I do not take every work in the "Scriptures" as literal, nor do I even know if the verse you used was originally written that way. I HATE murderers of innocence. I HATE the molestation of little children. I HATE cold-heartedness and uncaring for others. Therefore I HATE satan and all his little minions.

I also do not believe that God "loves" satan. Perhaps he once did, but it is my belief that he HATES satan with righteous anger and righteous hate. Hate not being a malicious term in the way I use it, but the opposite of love as there must be. I do not love satan, I detest it.

There are those who would try to make it as if you can walk on both sides of the fence=) You must choose.



posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jameliel
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


I do not take every work in the "Scriptures" as literal, nor do I even know if the verse you used was originally written that way. I HATE murderers of innocence. I HATE the molestation of little children. I HATE cold-heartedness and uncaring for others. Therefore I HATE satan and all his little minions.

I also do not believe that God "loves" satan. Perhaps he once did, but it is my belief that he HATES satan with righteous anger and righteous hate. Hate not being a malicious term in the way I use it, but the opposite of love as there must be. I do not love satan, I detest it.

There are those who would try to make it as if you can walk on both sides of the fence=) You must choose.


I also do not love all and share that with you but if you are a believer then you must believe that God had hate in his heart that needed expression from the very beginning.

Why else would a God who knows all that his creations would do ahead of time create a Satan if he did not want him around?

If you believe in a Satan then you must also believe that Satan has been sentenced to hell by God. You m7ustr then ignore the fact that justice delayed is justice denied and your God allows Satan to roam freely.

Ever wonder why God favors evil?

www.youtube.com...


Regards
DL



posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


Father loves all including Satan, man on the other hand, just doesn't have that kind of love for all as Father does.


Then there can be no hell and Satan is just doing God's bidding. Right?

Regards
DL


Father can still love but seperate his children. Satan is sent there to learn, thus why he is not destroyed in the beginning.

I have talked about this in my thread, Does God love Satan? If you look in my list of threads.



posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


Also, love for an enemy does not equate to being apart of. Brother said this because man is not capable of judging with tje limited information he has, based on second hand information.

As for man loving Satan that is not my say, I can only speak and say that Father holds love for all even Satan.
edit on 15-1-2013 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I "must" not do anything simply because you say it and see things that way. I "must" do, think , and feel what I learn from my own experiences and from observing others experiences. You "must" do what you you will do, not anyone else unless they feel it themselves. It is not for me to say why God did/does some of the complex things he did/does. I wonder "WHY" about many things, but I'm wise enough to know I don't "HAVE" to know the why right now.

Again, I HATE satan and his minions. I believe God HATES him and his dark influences as well. Somehow inside of myself I feel this=) If you feel differently, maybe you are right. Eventually we will probably know in another life. Maybe at that time we will be able to look back on this and share a laugh, who knows? The only thing I know about knowing, is that none of us really "KNOW" anything about WHY God does or did certain things. We can read books and make our own assumptions based on what others have told us and what we have observed, but unless God stands in front of you on this Earth and tells you "WHY", then at the foundation, we really only have our assumptions. That goes for me, you and everyone else=)



Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by Jameliel
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


I do not take every work in the "Scriptures" as literal, nor do I even know if the verse you used was originally written that way. I HATE murderers of innocence. I HATE the molestation of little children. I HATE cold-heartedness and uncaring for others. Therefore I HATE satan and all his little minions.

I also do not believe that God "loves" satan. Perhaps he once did, but it is my belief that he HATES satan with righteous anger and righteous hate. Hate not being a malicious term in the way I use it, but the opposite of love as there must be. I do not love satan, I detest it.

There are those who would try to make it as if you can walk on both sides of the fence=) You must choose.


I also do not love all and share that with you but if you are a believer then you must believe that God had hate in his heart that needed expression from the very beginning.

Why else would a God who knows all that his creations would do ahead of time create a Satan if he did not want him around?

If you believe in a Satan then you must also believe that Satan has been sentenced to hell by God. You m7ustr then ignore the fact that justice delayed is justice denied and your God allows Satan to roam freely.

Ever wonder why God favors evil?

www.youtube.com...


Regards
DL





new topics

top topics



 
4
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join