It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK.. We Messed Up Letting The Government Take Our Guns..

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Not really. I'm saying that gun's aren't any use in changing political policies. Care to point out any times in history when they've successfully been used to improve the outcome of the political system ? I am of course talkng about civilians using firearms for change rather than popular political uprisings.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

When you can come up with a better system i'll pay attention, untill then i'll just assume you're an internet warrior without a clue.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger

This website is so filled with wackjobs, its hilarious.

too true, i've saved a fortune on class A's since i discovered ATS

"obviously one is joking" etc etc
edit on 15-1-2013 by skalla because: self preservation

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Complete and utter nonsense, written be somebody who has expressed his right wing and military leanings many times.

The British government is more scared of its citizens than the American government has ever been. Every year could be a boiling point, people are willing and able, and do, take to the streets with violence.

To say that the government doesn't fear us is such rubbish.

The difference is that the government do not fear the population on issues that YOU care about. The government do not fear the UK population when it comes to matters of the EU, because the people opposed to the EU are largely middle class yuppies like you, who won't do anything about. On the legal system, the main complainants of the injustice are again middle class yuppies like you. On defending homes, again, you can guess this by now I'm sure, the main section of the population kicking up a fuss are middle class yuppies.

But on issues that matter, issues that the British population actually care about(ie, not right wing bull#) the government are very scared.

No American government has sat up and taken notice of Americans because they have guns. British governments have sat up and taken notice when citizens are on their street smashing up private property and warring with the police, believe that.

This thread is nothing but an uninspiring, and rather predictable, example of a right-wing Briton envying Americas right-wing society. Nothing new, nothing interesting, nothing true.

Honestly, I wish you wannabe-yanks would go live there, if truth be told. But we all know what'd happen, you'd get there and turn around as soon as you saw the massive non-white population.

I despise nothing more than these conservative folks who look to America. You obviously don't like British society or British people Evan, why stay? The majority of the country are at odds with what you believe. Accept Democracy or quit your right-wing whining.

Thank you

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadraphobe

I'm with you brother, the state elite certainly love being protected by guns..........

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Not really. I'm saying that gun's aren't any use in changing political policies. Care to point out any times in history when they've successfully been used to improve the outcome of the political system ? I am of course talkng about civilians using firearms for change rather than popular political uprisings.

the two are connected, as for guns to be used it is obviously mainly an "uprising"

White rule in South Africa ended as ultimately it was gonna be a fight, and I don't think the blacks were gonna stick to machetes

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by misscurious
NO we didn't .. why do we need guns here?

Actually re reading your post I've never heard so Much nonsense.. so instead of demonstrating peacefully we take to the streets with guns? I'm glad we don't have more people like you livng here...
edit on 15-1-2013 by misscurious because: (no reason given)

Here here.

"I'm mad at my government! I know, let's all start shooting at the government and cause mayhem and destruction!!"

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Krono

please understand that if they want to try to confiscate our firearms by force that they will be the initial belligerent in provoking violence, not gun owners who legally bought their weapons before berry soetero oversteps his bounds. if they want our guns, it's going to be a long war that we won't back down from or be defeated.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter
reply to post by Krono

please understand that if they want to try to confiscate our firearms by force that they will be the initial belligerent in provoking violence, not gun owners who legally bought their weapons before berry soetero oversteps his bounds. if they want our guns, it's going to be a long war that we won't back down from or be defeated.

I was referring to Britain. I understand completely what you mean. If I lived in America, owned a gun, I wouldn't be happy with them confiscating my weapon by force. However, if they asked to hand in guns, I honestly would.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sxt004

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by sxt004

Except what counts as a violent crime in the UK wouldn't class as one anywhere else........just shouting profanity/abuse at someone in the street is recorded as a violent crime.

If violent crimes of the physical nature were the only ones recorded, the numbers would be a damn sight lower.

not according to uk crime stats, but i'll take your word for it since you live there.

It IS infact correct that England and Wales classifies WAY more crimes as violent crime as say a country like America does....that's why violent crime rates for countries aren't comparable.....Have you heard the claims that South Africa is a way more safer place to live than the UK based on the two countries violent crime figures?.....that should lead any intelligent person to believe there is more to violent crime statistics than meets the eye's.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Evan, I loves ya..But you are either drunk again or trying to get off with some American bird on here..

Off topic, why no deletion? I love this forum. Nice gigantic avatar of "your" face too, first replier. Bet that helps a lot.

If this is deleted for off topic, can we be consistent with the rules?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

reply to post by ajay59

When you can come up with a better system i'll pay attention, untill then i'll just assume you're an internet warrior without a clue.

Any system beats slavery hands down! Speaking of clueless, (until) is spelled with one ell. In a duel of whits, you are hopelessly out gunned with every gun -rights activist on the site, so my suggestion for you is, to tuck tail and run before you make an even bigger fool of yourself!

reply to post by Wide-Eyes Not really. I'm saying that gun's aren't any use in changing political policies. Care to point out any times in history when they've successfully been used to improve the outcome of the political system ? I am of course talkng about civilians using firearms for change rather than popular political uprisings.

Ever hear of the American revolution! Where have you been?

edit on 15-1-2013 by ajay59 because: to add

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
some gun advocates seem mighty peeved that some other folk dont feel the same fear that they do...

Originally posted by ajay59

reply to post by ajay59

Any system beats slavery hands down! Speaking of clueless, (until) is spelled with one ell. In a duel of whits, you are hopelessly out gunned with every gun -rights activist on the site, so my suggestion for you is, to tuck tail and run before you make an even bigger fool of yourself!

before i go to bed, i'll make a second bash at bashing the spelling fairies on this thread, hence quoting you for truth... wits are what you battle with, look it up if you need to, which you evidently should if spelling is so vital to you.

nity knight

edit on 15-1-2013 by skalla because: inserted new first line merely to stay on topic so i could nob off a spelling fairy

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Krono

just like they did in russia, shooting the citizens who turned theirs in. no if they begged and pleaded for my guns i would not turn my rifle in unles one was traded for equal or greater value. if someone has two sks rifles and wanted to trade one for my mosin nagant, i would, but that's as far as it goes. i would go out, buy a 50 cal barrett, go to the turn in line and when it was my turn i would say "naw man i changed my mind, never know when i'll need it but when i need it, i'll have it" "what do you need one for?" "any target a mile way" "what do you need a high capacity magazine for?" "to lay down supressive fire on an enemy squad"

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
No way. The UK doesn't need guns, it's doing fine without them and has one of the lowest homicide rates in the world.

Actually some of our major cities have a comparable level of gun crime to some US cities. Liverpool seems to have an awful lot of shootings for a "gun free" country. Mind you, there's an estimated 4 million or so privately owned firearms in the country, so it's not exactly "gun free". I bet the Liverpool shootings weren't carried out by the 2 million registered (legally held) firearms.

www.liverpoolecho.co.uk...

And we're about halfway up the table for homicide in Europe. If memory serves, there was one point in the last decade where our level of violent crime per capita was the highest (or very close to the top of the table) of any first world country.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EvillerBob

most of those 4 million guns are stored at gun clubs, not in the home.

The ones that are, are mostly double barrel single shot, shot guns for pest control or target/clay shooting.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Krono

just like they did in russia, shooting the citizens who turned theirs in. no if they begged and pleaded for my guns i would not turn my rifle in unles one was traded for equal or greater value. if someone has two sks rifles and wanted to trade one for my mosin nagant, i would, but that's as far as it goes. i would go out, buy a 50 cal barrett, go to the turn in line and when it was my turn i would say "naw man i changed my mind, never know when i'll need it but when i need it, i'll have it" "what do you need one for?" "any target a mile way" "what do you need a high capacity magazine for?" "to lay down supressive fire on an enemy squad"

Fair enough. Can't really argue with that.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

you should get an enfield, oh wait, you can't, bobbies cant even have them

edit on 15-1-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Biigs

you should get an enfield

i would love an enfield, but the hassle, cost and procedure of getting a firearm license (and the gun) is more than my desire to shoot.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
UK.. We Messed Up Letting The Government Take Our Guns..,

You damn sure did. Once you give up a RIGHT, you never get it back from those powers that TOOK it from you.

We do a lot of things when we are under emotional duress. When 9/11 happened, we practically begged for the Patriot Act. We can never go back now. We WILL NOT give up our 2A right: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join