It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK.. We Messed Up Letting The Government Take Our Guns..

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone

Originally posted by Ancient Champion

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
If the government is so unpopular that you need to shoot it's members then i'd suggest an easier solution is to merely vote them out in the next election. You don't need guns to determine politics. Saying that I don't really believe we have a democracy but that's another story.

Also how's having guns improving the USA's democratic process ? I can't really see it myself. Personally i'm not against gun ownership in responsible hands, just don't think it really has any bearing on democracy or politics.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

Voting? Your some kind of special aren't you. Don't you get it that voting is pointless being as they have already picked the winner.

How's having guns helping the US political system then if it's already corrupt and guns are legal. You've damned yourself by your own argument.

So your arguement is to remove our guns so they can continue to be corrupt? wow sounds like you have it all figured out, i wish everyone was as smart as you .

Sounds like you are on the wrong thread? It's weird, when people outside of America made comments in other threads regarding (yet another) massacre in America we were all told to keep our noses out. This one clearly states it's about the UK and you are wanting to turn it into an American question. Hmmmmmmmmm

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultimatelizardman
To clarify: i mostly based my estimations of culture on the behavior and mannerisms of those between ages 15 and 25 (the group from which the majority of criminals originate) and on the behavior portrayed in the media (what is considered socially acceptable behavior).

you must think that our prison system is the absolute answer to re-offending if all crims are rehabilitated by 25, i had no idea it worked so well. luckily these 15-25 year old jamrags survive on a diet of crisps and skunk and couldnt think their way out of a paper bag, it's the older career criminals i would be concerned about if i was you.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarBoy

Originally posted by skalla

Originally posted by StarBoy
reply to post by skalla

No. You have not heard of it.

Small quantity in food can kill you with no trace but a heart attack.

Other options are blowing low quantity of Scopolamine in her face and she will die.

Blowing even less quantity of the drug in the area of the face can take your freewill and you can tell the queen to jump out of the third floor...

Options are limitless...

yawn, it's not new and there is a lengthy vice vid on the net if you care to view it..read my post again and you will see how i am perfectly aware of that.... grasping for straws, and now making incorrect assumtions, good for you

"luckily she has a family and various other people around her who would notice that she is behaving so out of character and that someone is suggesting that she do something ridiculous/dangerous/whatever. "

No you didnt know much about the drug... the drug can be used to kill someone in many ways i have explained, you forgot to mention those or avoiding.

Fact is, it is easier to kill an old women and her entire family than kill millions of armed civilians.

I am not grasping for straws but explaining common sense. Sadly it has to be explained because you deny it or don't know it.

You are young aren't you? Do you honestly, honestly think that 'millions of armed civilians' would all of a sudden become a cohesive unit fighting for one cause (Hollywood would probably let you believe that), or if the tinderbox was lit and riots started it wouldn't be more a case of looting, rape and the settling of scores? I know which I would put my money on and it wouldn't be the former.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkphoenix77

In regards to the OP, it took real courage to voice your opinion, knowing it was likely to be an unpopular one, I salute you.

it does not take "real courage" to type an opinion on a forum, or we are all spartacus. either that or you are living in fear, which seems to explain the attitude of some gun advocates, not to mention the crying and mewling often seen by the shedload when a brit comments on a US gun thread.
edit on 16-1-2013 by skalla because: cant spell "the"

Wel it isn't save a baby from a burning building courage, but you are still in a sense putting your reputation on the line if you care abouts such things. I will give you that not everyone cares about that, but the OP does not strike me as the type of person who does not care i.e. "troll". You have your opinion, I have mine, apparently nobody agrees with me so meh, carry on.

aye, but look how many stars he has (OP has about 100) compared to the opposition to his view point if you want to see how much he is putting his reputation on the line. anyway, he states he's a (former?) soldier iirc, so typing stuff on the net is hardly putting his neck on the line compared to armed service

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Everyone in this thread, from the UK, that agrees with the OP's stance should be doing something about it

go join your local rifle or shotgun club, there are hundreds and hundreds of them all up and down the country.

even if its not practical to own your own shotguns and rifles, you can still join the clubs and shoot, a lot if not most or all will have "club" guns that you'll have access to.

it's also a great social thing, meet new people, club bbq's, social nights, trips to other ranges etc, its all good and safe

NRA UK

BASC

like everything in life, if you dont use it, you lose it

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

We didn't mess up at all
We have laws... If your Job or Way of life or even a sport(Shooting Clubs) requires it and the full storage requirements are met then you will quite lawfully have full access to firearms... If you are not in any of the groups above and still feel the need to own a firearm in the UK then you are a threat to general public.... Plain & Simple.. Firearms aren't toys.

edit on 16-1-2013 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

In regards to the OP, it took real courage to voice your opinion, knowing it was likely to be an unpopular one, I salute you.

it does not take "real courage" to type an opinion on a forum, or we are all spartacus. either that or you are living in fear, which seems to explain the attitude of some gun advocates, not to mention the crying and mewling often seen by the shedload when a brit comments on a US gun thread.

Wel it isn't save a baby from a burning building courage, but you are still in a sense putting your reputation on the line if you care abouts such things. I will give you that not everyone cares about that, but the OP does not strike me as the type of person who does not care i.e. "troll". You have your opinion, I have mine, apparently nobody agrees with me so meh, carry on.

aye, but look how many stars he has (OP has about 100) compared to the opposition to his view point if you want to see how much he is putting his reputation on the line. anyway, he states he's a (former?) soldier iirc, so typing stuff on the net is hardly putting his neck on the line compared to armed service

Most of the stars and flags are probably from American members they think there toys or P*nis enlargements, or soothers for D*ck envy... FYI there not

edit on 16-1-2013 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by maintainright

agreed and nicely said
trouble is they are not listening
i dont think i have seen a uk poster on this thread here asking to ban guns like some of the other respondents seem to think, many (though ofc not all) of us are just happy with the law on guns remaining as is... seems some other folk would rather assume that they know they cannot have a gun, rather than save up a few hundred quid and start a new (and according to them, vital) pass-time/sport etc. why they dont do what they say is so crucial is beyond my manners to state.
edit on 16-1-2013 by skalla because: clarity

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

And for your folly you received... One of the lowest murder rates and gun violence rates in the WORLD..

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Not everyone posts for stars and flags, that is quite an assumption to make....and why would it not be courage? It really is no different than any other type of communication except the alias. He is still putting himself out there for the criticism

Please clarify which part of posting on an internet forum, which has in the past four weeks turned into a predictable quagmire of American threads talking about guns and how they'll never take them from them as they did from the cowardly English, starting a thread saying 'We cowardly English should never have given up our guns' is courage.

Thank you.
edit on 16-1-2013 by khimbar because: A missing r. The fiend.

I would think it would be evident........because it is not the opinion of most people that live in the UK. As far as the content of the site goes, what can I say, it is the time we live in, these are dangerous times and people are scared. It's a way to talk about the current state of affairs and release some stress and fear. We have different opinions so there isn't much sense in arguing the point.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
We didn't mess up. 99% of the population never had guns and the other 1% still have guns.

A few pistol shooting clubs were affected after Dunblane, but that was it.

If we need a gun we can buy one. But only if we need one. Shooting other people is not considered a valid reason for needing a gun in Britain. That's the difference between us and the USA.

I like living in a country where I don't feel afraid because I don't have a gun. Is that really such a bad state of affairs?

(of course, we should still have our bows, and practice as is the law once a week, in case them pesky Welshies invade
)
edit on 16-1-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
America has never been so divided as it is now. This is a turning point.
edit on 16-1-2013 by TidalPower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
We didn't mess up. 99% of the population never had guns and the other 1% still have guns.

A few pistol shooting clubs were affected after Dunblane, but that was it.

If we need a gun we can buy one. But only if we need one. Shooting other people is not considered a valid reason for needing a gun in Britain. That's the difference between us and the USA.

I like living in a country where I don't feel afraid because I don't have a gun. Is that really such a bad state of affairs?

(of course, we should still have our bows, and practice as is the law once a week, in case them pesky Welshies invade
)
edit on 16-1-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

they still have to pay you for your practice time too, or so the myth goes.... me and some mates used to joke with a welsh friend of ours that we would take him to clee hill (not far from the welsh border as you no doubt know, we were all living in sunny wolvo) and shoot him with a longbow if he didnt shut up when he was drunk, apparently a law declaring welsh men walking there as raiders and allowing them to be turned into pin cushions was never repealed

so we seem to have firmly established that we can own guns (and bows amongst other things)... anyone else want to say "why cant i own a gun" rather than actually finding out the reality of the situation?
edit on 16-1-2013 by skalla because: spelling

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Evan, I loves ya..But you are either drunk again or trying to get off with some American bird on here..

Oh well played, well played indeed!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Umm... hello.

The US populace is armed to its teeth and it hasn't stopped the US government crapping all over people.

Think again.

Oh, and by the way, you can still own a gun in the UK. Look it up. No one "took them away", its just that you have to be responsible with them.

link   

Getting a little sick of people trying to talk for me...

I did NOT write this for stars and flags..

I am NOT trolling...

i guess I need to elaborate...

To do that I must give some background of sorts..

I have been a soldier since I was 16 as a junior leader.. I am now nearly 40 so with that in mind you can see that i have been around weapons most of my life so have no fear of them..... They have been the great equalizer for me in many circumstances... Not just in combat but as a peace keeper...

When this issue came to the fore I too was very confused by the stance of Americans reluctance to give up their arms.... But I gave it some thought and put myself in their shoes... Since 9/11 Americans have had rights after rights stripped away e.g. the patriot act etc... Now here comes a fundamental change in the country's very foundation.. This is not about just the guns imo.. But the stripping of a right to far... A line in the sand as it were.. And I cant blame them... You only have to look at the UK to see the next stage o the game...

Our politicians have no fear of the population.. The establishment do what they like with impunity and ride rough shod over our democratic wishes.... We protest ... We vote... But nothing changes... They do what they will and let them..

Things have got worse after Dunblane not better....

In my thought experiment... I wondered what the UK would be like in terms of governance if we were still able to bear arms... Would they still ride rough shod if we had the ability to take them on???

I dont think so... But I guess we will never know..

link   

you must think that our prison system is the absolute answer to re-offending if all crims are rehabilitated by 25, i had no idea it worked so well. luckily these 15-25 year old jamrags survive on a diet of crisps and skunk and couldnt think their way out of a paper bag, it's the older career criminals i would be concerned about if i was you.

No. in fact the British "justice" system is one of the worst on earth, it literally rewards armed robbers, pedophiles, mass murderers and other assorted scum by putting them in a luxury hotel.

But i am right in fearing the younger criminals as it is those who are responsible for the most evil and sadistic crimes targeting random, but defenseless victims. In fact, just last week, a group of four thugs aged between 15 and 19 broke into a house then proceeded to knock the occupant, an elderly man, unconscious before setting him ablaze, after the brutal attack was over they stole his keys and took his car on a "joyride" through the countryside.

The man was claimed to be "alive yet in critical condition" when found, however one day later the media turned completely silent on the attack which i find highly suspicious.

edit on 16-1-2013 by ultimatelizardman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

thats not entirely true

you do not need to have a reason to own a shotgun on a section 2 (SGC)
as long as your a person of sound standing ie no criminal record or mental illness etc , and it's stored securely
it's up to the police to give good reason why you SHOULDNT have one, and if they did you can appeal

also, you are supposed to have a reason for having a section 2 (FAC)
and most people will give that reason as pest control, target shooting etc
but this is all desire really, not need, nobody NEEDS to shoot a fox or punch holes in paper

and there's definitely no need for a .50cal bolt action "sniper" rifle in the UK, but you can have one if you want it and have somewhere to shoot it safely

you can even have pistols, thats really the only time NEED comes into it , but the only real reason you can have one is for humane reasons, I think some game keepers, and country vets etc will have access to all the SIG's and glocks under the sun for putting deer, and old daisy out of her misery.

of course you could have a long barreled revolver, but thats a bastardised monstrosity

this all goes out the window though if you live NI

www.nra.org.uk...
edit on 16-1-2013 by maintainright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by EvanB

Umm... hello.

The US populace is armed to its teeth and it hasn't stopped the US government crapping all over people.

Think again.

Oh, and by the way, you can still own a gun in the UK. Look it up. No one "took them away", its just that you have to be responsible with them.

Though your points are correct to a point... What would the US government get away with if the population was disarmed... I shudder at that thought...

As for owning a gun here.. The hoops to jump through are immense and beyond the reach of the normal brit..

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
He who would trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither.

They don't need to ban guns.
They don't need to give everyone guns.
They don't need to make it harder to get guns.

They need to make sure that the people who are getting the guns not only deserve and are allowed to carry them, but that they can be responsible for them.

But of course, chime in with your extremism from both sides, since 'you're allowed to', amirite? Just sad how many people have abandoned logic because they would rather voice their tears. As if your tears mean anything in the eyes of the law.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join