It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK.. We Messed Up Letting The Government Take Our Guns..

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Dunblane School Massacre in 1996?

The Cumbria Shootings of 2010?

I didn't post a link this time.

Though spread far apart you can see the UK has had its fair share. No nation is perfect; violence exists within.

Until the day comes when we have to turn in our guns, I will keep mine clean and ready. As for the UK; I believe you can get your hands on guns still. Just like drugs and prostitution: There will always be guns.
edit on 16-1-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5
reply to post by skalla

Dunblane School Massacre in 1996?

The Cumbria Shootings of 2010?

I didn't post a link this time.

Though spread far apart you can see the UK has had its fair share. No nation is perfect; violence exists within.

Until the day comes when we have to turn in our guns, I will keep mine clean and ready. As for the UK; I believe you can get your hands on guns still. Just like drugs and prostitution: There will always be guns.
edit on 16-1-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

you have just done precisely what i suggested

and you came up with 2 in 14 years, clearly the US and UK are very different

edit: as thoroughly evidenced repeated times earlier in this thread, if you care for the facts, we can still legally own guns here, just most of us are really not so bothered
edit on 16-1-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2013 by skalla because: clarity

edit on 16-1-2013 by skalla because: doing too many things at once, ok 2 things, but gimme a break

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by misscurious
NO we didn't .. why do we need guns here?

Actually re reading your post I've never heard so Much nonsense.. so instead of demonstrating peacefully we take to the streets with guns? I'm glad we don't have more people like you livng here...
edit on 15-1-2013 by misscurious because: (no reason given)

oh yeah because the government gets sooo scared when we are demonstrating peacefully

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Are you nuts!

Murder rates would go through the roof if British chavs and hoods could just go and buy them with ease. The U.K. doesn't have the culture to be trusted...... And I am a patriotic Brit!

At least tony Blair would have probably been killed though.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Dhimmie because: no condoms

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
If the government is so unpopular that you need to shoot it's members then i'd suggest an easier solution is to merely vote them out in the next election. You don't need guns to determine politics. Saying that I don't really believe we have a democracy but that's another story.

Also how's having guns improving the USA's democratic process ? I can't really see it myself. Personally i'm not against gun ownership in responsible hands, just don't think it really has any bearing on democracy or politics.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

Voting? Your some kind of special aren't you. Don't you get it that voting is pointless being as they have already picked the winner.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

Have you not heard of REGICIDE?

Are you kidding me? How could you say a queen is more effective against bad government than millions of armed civilians?

Do you think killing the queen is so hard? Its more easy to make someone "suicide" than you think.

And there are many other easy options for killing a person... have you heard of Scopolamine? Also know as the devils breath.

Probably not.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by StarBoy

yes yes, you are not the only person to have heard of that, luckily she has a family and various other people around her who would notice that she is behaving so out of character and that someone is suggesting that she do something ridiculous/dangerous/whatever. stop grasping at straws

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion

If the government is so unpopular that you need to shoot it's members then i'd suggest an easier solution is to merely vote them out in the next election. You don't need guns to determine politics. Saying that I don't really believe we have a democracy but that's another story.

Also how's having guns improving the USA's democratic process ? I can't really see it myself. Personally i'm not against gun ownership in responsible hands, just don't think it really has any bearing on democracy or politics.

Voting? Your some kind of special aren't you. Don't you get it that voting is pointless being as they have already picked the winner.

How's having guns helping the US political system then if it's already corrupt and guns are legal. You've damned yourself by your own argument.

link   
reply to post by EvanB

Cheers! This is a phenomenal thread and you are a scholar. I always knew that the Constitution was written for a very good reason. Even if it was written long ago. Our fathers knew of these times.

link   
No-one in the UK needs to own a Gun unless it's strictly for hunting purposes only. It's not Guns that defeat governments in todays society in a modernised country like the US or UK, it's how you vote.

I'm really struggling to comprehend people thinking on Guns, and i'm fairly sure you created this thread purely to recieve lots of Flags and nothing else.

And 'Take our Guns'???? You serious? You make it sound like the UK was an armed to the teeth Country like the US. Never heard so much rubbish. 99.99% of the population have probably never owned a Gun in the UK. The last thing we need is more Gun massacres which will not be stopped by a Gun wielding School Teacher.

edit on 16-1-2013 by grantbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarBoy
reply to post by Alfie1

Have you not heard of REGICIDE?

Are you kidding me? How could you say a queen is more effective against bad government than millions of armed civilians?

Do you think killing the queen is so hard? Its more easy to make someone "suicide" than you think.

And there are many other easy options for killing a person... have you heard of Scopolamine? Also know as the devils breath.

Probably not.

No, I am not kidding you at all. You haven't disagreed that the Queen has the power to dismiss parliament and the prime minister and that she is head of the armed forces.

So now you suggest killing the Queen would be a solution. Well that is the thing with monarchy there is always another one right along. The King is dead God save the King.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

How's having guns helping the US political system then if it's already corrupt and guns are legal. You've damned yourself by your own argument.

So your arguement is to remove our guns so they can continue to be corrupt? wow sounds like you have it all figured out, i wish everyone was as smart as you .

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

I'm not against US gun owner ship, which if you could read you would have understood, rather than just having an emotional reaction to a point of view you mistakenly believed differed from yours. I'm against relaxing the UK gun laws Einstein.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
No-one in the UK needs to own a Gun unless it's strictly for hunting purposes only. It's not Guns that defeat governments in todays society in a modernised country like the US or UK, it's how you vote.

I'm really struggling to comprehend people thinking on Guns, and i'm fairly sure you created this thread purely to recieve lots of Flags and nothing else.

And 'Take our Guns'???? You serious? You make it sound like the UK was an armed to the teeth Country like the US. Never heard so much rubbish. 99.99% of the population have probably never owned a Gun in the UK. The last thing we need is more Gun massacres which will not be stopped by a Gun wielding School Teacher.

edit on 16-1-2013 by grantbeed because: (no reason given)

Really? Voting? Then why are the governments of the world so corrupt? Are you "voting" the corrupt into office?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

No. You have not heard of it.

Small quantity in food can kill you with no trace but a heart attack.

Other options are blowing low quantity of Scopolamine in her face and she will die.

Blowing even less quantity of the drug in the area of the face can take your freewill and you can tell the queen to jump out of the third floor...

Options are limitless...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I'm not against US gun owner ship, which if you could read you would have understood, rather than just having an emotional reaction to a point of view you mistakenly believed differed from yours. I'm against relaxing the UK gun laws Einstein.

You don't want the UK people to have any gun they want but you don't do anything when the UK bombs other countries

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarBoy
reply to post by skalla

No. You have not heard of it.

Small quantity in food can kill you with no trace but a heart attack.

Other options are blowing low quantity of Scopolamine in her face and she will die.

Blowing even less quantity of the drug in the area of the face can take your freewill and you can tell the queen to jump out of the third floor...

Options are limitless...

Or we could blow some mutant flies into Buckingham Palace that will steal her soul on death.
Come on Buddy, keep up these ingenious ways of offing our Monarch. I'm just wondering how long it'll take for a van to show up at your door.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

You don't want the UK people to have any gun they want but you don't do anything when the UK bombs other countries

How do you know that ? For all you know i'm a dilligent anti-war activist. Also as i am not an MP or the Prime Minister I don't really have much direct control over the UK's foreign policy. What do you suggest i do, shoot some MP's ?

What get's me is the argument used by some that guns somehow defend the US against tyranny, while the same people then say they have a tyranical government. If you can't see the logic fail in that then wow, just wow.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Hopeforeveryone because: typo

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

Where are you plucking your facts from ? Crime rates in the UK have been falling for years :-

www.guardian.co.uk...

Crime rates have been rising across all of western Europe (and especially the UK) over the last fifty years, however they started (and continue) to rise at a rapidly accelerating pace due to a lack of deterrence and punishment, indeed one should note that the increase in crime started around the time the death penalty was abolished while gun control increased in most European countries (the 1950's through 1970's).

Stop using doctored statistics, deny ignorance.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join