It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK.. We Messed Up Letting The Government Take Our Guns..

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Except the guns still exist there (for reasons I've mentioned many times) so your point is not valid. You seem to be mistaking late gun laws in a small portion of the country that is already drowned in guns for properly implemented gun control.

And that is the point that I've been making all along. Guns still exist there in the hands of criminals in spite of them being banned. All bans do, be they bans of drugs or guns, is remove them from the people who obey the law.

Which is exactly why I say the US government should allow already owned guns, ban the selling of guns and destroy guns when they can (confiscated guns etc.). When things are on par with the UK (an example) then bring in much stricter gun laws. Things will slowly get better, in time. That's better than just standing there rambling about freedom and the constitution while things get worse under the illusion that citizens owning 270,000,000 guns is a good thing and it's some kind of liberty. That's what's happening right now whether you acknowledge it or not.
edit on 16-1-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

No it isn't...that is just your flawed opinion. How would things get better? In both the UK and Australia, crime has gotten worse, not better over time. Disarming the law abiding people has not helped your violent crime or murder one whit.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by misscurious
NO we didn't .. why do we need guns here?

Actually re reading your post I've never heard so Much nonsense.. so instead of demonstrating peacefully we take to the streets with guns? I'm glad we don't have more people like you livng here...
edit on 15-1-2013 by misscurious because: (no reason given)

How do you defend yourself when a thug with a gun breaks into your house and comes after you with murderous intent?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

are you the "I" from "withnail and i"?

you certainly seem to have the fear!

we dont worry about that over here, it's already been covered a few pages ago

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Except the guns still exist there (for reasons I've mentioned many times) so your point is not valid. You seem to be mistaking late gun laws in a small portion of the country that is already drowned in guns for properly implemented gun control.

And that is the point that I've been making all along. Guns still exist there in the hands of criminals in spite of them being banned. All bans do, be they bans of drugs or guns, is remove them from the people who obey the law.

Which is exactly why I say the US government should allow already owned guns, ban the selling of guns and destroy guns when they can (confiscated guns etc.). When things are on par with the UK (an example) then bring in much stricter gun laws. Things will slowly get better, in time. That's better than just standing there rambling about freedom and the constitution while things get worse under the illusion that citizens owning 270,000,000 guns is a good thing and it's some kind of liberty. That's what's happening right now whether you acknowledge it or not.
edit on 16-1-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

No it isn't...that is just your flawed opinion. How would things get better? In both the UK and Australia, crime has gotten worse, not better over time. Disarming the law abiding people has not helped your violent crime or murder one whit.

Where are you plucking your facts from ? Crime rates in the UK have been falling for years :-

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Actually re reading your post I've never heard so Much nonsense.. so instead of demonstrating peacefully we take to the streets with guns? I'm glad we don't have more people like you livng here...

How do you defend yourself when a thug with a gun breaks into your house and comes after you with murderous intent?

If that sort of thing happens a lot round your way then I feel very sorry for you but it doesn't happen where I live.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd
if guns do not deter crime, why do our leaders surround themselves with armed security?

Hypocritical nonsense

Best quote of the entire thread. This is precisely the kind of common sense everyone needs to wake up and realize! As soon as law enforcement stops using lethal arms then I *MIGHT* give up my guns.

Until such a time if they have guns, I want guns.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

If that sort of thing happens a lot round your way then I feel very sorry for you but it doesn't happen where I live.

Someone stormed in swinging a lump of 4x2 once. Must have been off his conkers, logistically it's impossible to swing a cat in my hallway never mind a chunk of fence post. Ended up with a bruised bum, he ended up 12 months in the nick.

Ever so glad there were no guns involved.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd
if guns do not deter crime, why do our leaders surround themselves with armed security?

Hypocritical nonsense

Best quote of the entire thread. This is precisely the kind of common sense everyone needs to wake up and realize! As soon as law enforcement stops using lethal arms then I *MIGHT* give up my guns.

Until such a time if they have guns, I want guns.

And that is a perfect example of a vicious circle. If you hadn't shot various US presidents perhaps they wouldn't need armed secret service.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The British all over the net is mad of the gun law in US because they feel fine without guns in the UK. That is mainly because they have not experienced the need of owning one. (i know, i live here)

Which is mainly due because the gov was not "bad" with us. Well... so far...

I think the British will change opinion once the gov turns evil. But that will be late.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarBoy
The British all over the net is mad of the gun law in US because they feel fine without guns in the UK. That is mainly because they have not experienced the need of owning one. (i know, i live here)

I think the British will change opinion once the gov turns evil. But that will be late.

Once the gov't turns evil, it's too late to take back a right that you allowed to be taken away from you.

99.99 per cent of gun owners keep them safely and responsibly. You don't need them till you need them. Till then, they are inanimate objects. They are a symbol, however, of INDIVIDUAL RIGHT and LIBERTY.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Like I have said AS AN AMERICAN; America's people are too stuck up to just give guns away.

CEO of Tactical Response

edit on 16-1-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

It is people like James Yeager that make this situation more serious than it really is. People like this are also the main reason as too why tptb wish to impose such control.

An example is that of an old dog; you let this dog chew on your socks for his entire life. Finally, 6 years later, you decide to take it from his mouth, what happens? He bites you and rips your finger off.
edit on 16-1-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

If they hadn't shot various presidents perhaps they would't exist.

I live in the UK and i can obtain any gun... ANY gun, with enough cash. But thats not the problem... criminals do harm to few...

Its the extremist governments who do all the genocide in human history.

We the British will learn guns can also be used as protection, but that is only after major genocide done by its own gov.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I am intrigued to know how you think a British Government could " turn evil " without losing the support of a majority of members of parliament and without crashing at the next general election ?

Let alone what the Queen could and might do.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

reply to post by Alfie1

I live in the UK and i can obtain any gun... ANY gun, with enough cash. But thats not the problem... criminals do harm to few...

We the British will learn guns can also be used as protection, but that is only after major genocide done by its own gov.

A good reason to keep guns; but I find stories like the Oregan Mall shooting to be a better reason why good people should keep guns at hand.

Clackamas Town Center Shooting

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

I am intrigued to know how you think a British Government could " turn evil " without losing the support of a majority of members of parliament and without crashing at the next general election ?

Let alone what the Queen could and might do.

Alfie please remember where you are. They are all going to shed their human skin and eat us remember?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

Do you really want me to go over the history of human civilization?

The queen?

Really?

You need at least 10 million armed queens to save you from an extremist government.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
What a load of pish.

America has more guns per head of population than probably anywhere else on earth, but they're still bitching about corrupt politicians, the Fed, illegal wars, and all of the rest.

It hasn't made 1 jot of difference, and that's because the main problem in our society today is APATHY.

If it wasn't for apathy then none of these things would happen, and you wouldn't need guns to sort them out, but as long as the average idiot on the street can gorge themselves on junk food, numb their brains with the TV, etc than they are happy to just sit on their big fat butts and leave it all to someone else to sort out.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by StarBoy

thats simply not true, if you had lived in the uk longer you would be aware that the queen, duke of edinburgh, prince charles, wills and kate can combine their powers and become a megazord, which as we all know is nigh on unbeatable.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

reply to post by Alfie1

Do you really want me to go over the history of human civilization?

The queen?

Really?

You need at least 10 million armed queens to save you from an extremist government.

You couldn't be more wrong. The Queen is a far more effective deterrent to an extremist government than all the Americans guns.

You do realise that it is her majestys government and that she has the power to dissolve parliament and dismiss the prime minister .

She is also head of the armed forces and all the officers hold their commissions from her.

In the fanciful and ridiculously improbable scenario of a rogue government there is no doubt the Queen could end it all in a moment.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5

reply to post by Alfie1

A good reason to keep guns; but I find stories like the Oregan Mall shooting to be a better reason why good people should keep guns at hand.

Clackamas Town Center Shooting

but we are not talking about the US in this thread remember, thankfully that kind of nonsense is remarkably rare here, feel free to post all the links regarding uk mass shootings in an effort to refute your own arguement.
edit on 16-1-2013 by skalla because: clarity

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join