It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK.. We Messed Up Letting The Government Take Our Guns..

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
reply to post by SpearMint

I would rather not pay attention to you or any traitor to my Constitution! I do not really care what someone, who in my eyes, is paid to present an opinion. As far as I am concerned, any who do not value our founding principles, does not belong in the country they created!

edit on 15-1-2013 by ajay59 because: (no reason given)

I'm not a traitor, I live in another country and therefore have no attachment to your redundant writing that you so blindly defend.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unalien
reply to post by SpearMint

Right - handguns outlawed so therefore no handgun violence -- Right?
Except mate - 2005 4,360 cases of handgun violence, 2006 - 4,672, 2007 - 4,173 2008 - 4,172 2009-4,274 2010-3,743 2011-3,105

So yeah - now the ONLY ones with handguns are the bad guys using them on all the sheep without them.

I don't see your point, I don't know where you're talking about either. If you're talking about chicago still, laws will not work there, because as I've said several times, they are surrounded by guns.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

You are correct. Our government does not fear us. They have rolled over us in the past and we just sat back and said "More please". Its time we do something different. I dont think writtiing letters or making calls is going to do the trick. The problem is TPTB dont care what we think. In my opinion the elections are rigged and our vote really doesnt matter any longer. We need a complete overhaul, end the old boys club.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

your response is so comical..

you seriously have no idea ..

lol

your peaceful demonstrations do nothing.

the only reason you have any fake representation is because USA as a colony rebelled

and they needed to placate the general population over there to stem another rebellion at home.

everyone in your government seems to be masonic pedophile.

they do not give a crap about the peons.

you can march all you want. nothing will change.

why?

you cant defend yourself.

good or bad..

political power comes from the barrel of a gun.

edit on 16-1-2013 by reeferman because: LMFAO

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
To be honest, this country has so many morons in it, I'm glad guns are banned!

Can you imagine some of the feral yobs that roam many areas and estates, armed to the teeth? I'm sorry if that offends but there are far too many kids and families that are totally dysfunctional in this country, with absolutely no respect for themselves, let alone anyone else.

That said, I agree that we have sat back and let the government walk all over us with zero fight.

However, that is because we have been stamped down for decades. The fight that we had in the 50's has gone, through years of liberal propaganda and brain washing, we actually think little of ourselves, we are totally divided by politics that are several variations of the same ideology. We allowed the face of our country to be changed and not for the better. We allow employee rights to be eroded, government to tax and tax and then tax some more. We allow out of control immigration, when the country is now at breaking point. We allow cut backs, we allow job cuts, we allow workers, working families and pensioners to be smashed in to the ground and purchasing power to be totally stripped from us.

We are to blame for the state this country is in, had we, the workers, taken to the streets, then they would have no choice but to reverse on destructive policies, reverse on destroying our freedom. However, they weren't that stupid.

Labour created a benefit underclass, to almost bribe people in to voting for them and in the meantime used that as an excuse to have open door immigration which served two purposes 1) To destroy nationalism and promote multi culturalism for the EU masters to make it easier to steer all European countries towards one single borderless EU state and 2)To lower wages, maximising profits for businesses, as the immigrants were getting priority in state housing and all beenfits, hence why they could afford to take lower wages that often a month would equal a yearly wage for them in their homeland. This is without the destruction of public services that both Conservative and Labour are responsible for.

We allowed this to happen and now we moan about not having guns, if people in this country had guns, at least a quarter of this country would end up shooting themselves in the head and another quarter would shoot each other!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by misscurious
NO we didn't .. why do we need guns here?

Actually re reading your post I've never heard so Much nonsense.. so instead of demonstrating peacefully we take to the streets with guns? I'm glad we don't have more people like you livng here...
edit on 15-1-2013 by misscurious because: (no reason given)

I can't believe what I'm reading here. You obviously are unaware of just how evil your leaders are. Most people cannot wrap their mind around it. I will guarantee you when they take America's guns they will come back and put all the western nations in concentration camps. The reason they haven't done it already over ther in Uk and Australia is because they haven't got our guns yet. They can't tip their hand until threy have our guns. We are the last strong hold.
Now of course if you are a willing subject to the new economy coming then you probably won't be in a concentration camp. You might just make a good little NWO subject. Only thing is you'll have to face God if you join them. Do not take the mark. anything but that.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Just to add, the OP got a lot of stick for saying that you can't own guns here, he is talking about to have the same level of access to guns as in America.

You can own up to .22 calibre firearms but you need a licence and you better have good reason for wanting one other than "to blast a burglar to pieces". So firearms in this country aren't illegal, per se, but they certainly are a lot harder to obtain and believe you me, it's very well noted in the old bill on every person who not only has a firearm, but also has applied for a firearm and been declined as well. So think before you do apply for one, if you're going to.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by cantyousee

Originally posted by misscurious
NO we didn't .. why do we need guns here?

Actually re reading your post I've never heard so Much nonsense.. so instead of demonstrating peacefully we take to the streets with guns? I'm glad we don't have more people like you livng here...
edit on 15-1-2013 by misscurious because: (no reason given)

I can't believe what I'm reading here. You obviously are unaware of just how evil your leaders are. Most people cannot wrap their mind around it. I will guarantee you when they take America's guns they will come back and put all the western nations in concentration camps. The reason they haven't done it already over ther in Uk and Australia is because they haven't got our guns yet. They can't tip their hand until threy have our guns. We are the last strong hold.
Now of course if you are a willing subject to the new economy coming then you probably won't be in a concentration camp. You might just make a good little NWO subject. Only thing is you'll have to face God if you join them. Do not take the mark. anything but that.

I agree, but many people don't realise how bad it is, especially in the UK.

Peaceful demonstration do nothing, but unemployable yobs rioting does nothing, the only event that does something is the rise of the workers, but strangely us poor b*****ds can't afford to take a day off work!

We really are in a poor position, literally, but unless the workers of a country rise up, then it doesn't matter what country it is, the average person's quality of life will just get worse. A revolution needs workers, it needs the support of the police and military and working currently in one of those, I can tell you now that everyone is just as p**sed off with the country as everyone else. It won't take much, but it will take something.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

The government took our guns
what total and utter BS, the only people who had guns before Dunblane were farmers,shooting club members and crooks and obviously the police and armed forces!

The UK never has been a gun culture like the states also what good would guns be to you because about 95% of the conspiracy believers on her claim the Army etc are 50 years ahead when it comes to weapons so your guns wouldn't help much would they unless of course all those conspiracies are BS as well, kind of a catch 22 situation on here

edit on 16-1-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

Rather than concentrating on the obvious..

Answer this.. Has disarming the UK public made us safer? Is our government enacting the will of the people or their own?

If the public had a real deterrant against crime and bad governance.. Would Maggie have taken the kids milk?

Answers on a postcard to ....

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandStrategy
Complete and utter nonsense, written be somebody who has expressed his right wing and military leanings many times.

The British government is more scared of its citizens than the American government has ever been. Every year could be a boiling point, people are willing and able, and do, take to the streets with violence.

To say that the government doesn't fear us is such rubbish.

The difference is that the government do not fear the population on issues that YOU care about. The government do not fear the UK population when it comes to matters of the EU, because the people opposed to the EU are largely middle class yuppies like you, who won't do anything about. On the legal system, the main complainants of the injustice are again middle class yuppies like you. On defending homes, again, you can guess this by now I'm sure, the main section of the population kicking up a fuss are middle class yuppies.

But on issues that matter, issues that the British population actually care about(ie, not right wing bull#) the government are very scared.

No American government has sat up and taken notice of Americans because they have guns. British governments have sat up and taken notice when citizens are on their street smashing up private property and warring with the police, believe that.

This thread is nothing but an uninspiring, and rather predictable, example of a right-wing Briton envying Americas right-wing society. Nothing new, nothing interesting, nothing true.

Honestly, I wish you wannabe-yanks would go live there, if truth be told. But we all know what'd happen, you'd get there and turn around as soon as you saw the massive non-white population.

I despise nothing more than these conservative folks who look to America. You obviously don't like British society or British people Evan, why stay? The majority of the country are at odds with what you believe. Accept Democracy or quit your right-wing whining.

Thank you

Soooooo.....what I get from this is that you think middle class people should not have a say in anything? Also you say he'd turn tail and head back to UK if he saw "the massive non-white population"....how very racist of you. So people that are not white should not have a voice either I suppose? I find your whole post highly offensive, and yeah I am below the poverty line and white, but come from a middle class American family. So I will just assume I should not have a voice either being as I am a physically disabled person according to your logic.

edit on 16-1-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: rephrasing

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

we still have guns if we want them, and many of us simply dont... dont some ex forces guys just miss the toys?

and if people were gonna take to the streets and start shooting just over free milk for kids then i would happily see the rozzers cart them off.
well, i would still have let you shot thatch though, not that murder is right blah blah blah but i would have made an exception for her.. just not on the basis of her early milk snatching days though

oh well, back to work..

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

i believe the poster is implying that the OP would not find the US the white supremecist gun loving dreamland that he believes that he wants....

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Speak for yourself, I have never wanted a gun, I've never wanted to be wondering if the person next to me has a gun. If you think bullets are a better solution than a ballot box then you might want to consider moving to - off the top of my head - Sierra Leone. A lot of us are a bit more mature than that.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Not being of the UK and being from the US I do not have an opinion on how you run your country and about the laws you have, so I will not comment on that as it is none of mine or any American's business. The one thing I do want to comment on is how disappointing it is to see the OP being run down for voicing his opinion. You may not agree with him, but it's shameful some of the responses being made. The man has a right to voice HIS opinion, whether you agree with it or not!

To the elitists running him down, I am sure you will fit in with your new masters when the SHTF, there is always a market for bootlicking cowards.

To those that have been civil even if you do not agree with his point of view, I respect you and you know who you all are.

In regards to the OP, it took real courage to voice your opinion, knowing it was likely to be an unpopular one, I salute you.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked
reply to post by EvanB

Speak for yourself, I have never wanted a gun, I've never wanted to be wondering if the person next to me has a gun. If you think bullets are a better solution than a ballot box then you might want to consider moving to - off the top of my head - Sierra Leone. A lot of us are a bit more mature than that.

Well I don't know the first thing about UK politics, so no comment on that. As for US politics however we are presented with no viable options. The 2 party system is one of the most widely visable frauds to anyone that is not asleep. It does not matter if you vote Democrat or Republican because they are all funded by the same world bankers which means that it is the bankers that are calling the shots. People in this country are on edge, and not just the ones on this forum. It does not take a rocket scientist to see that we are at a very dangerous place at the moment and people are scared even if they don't openly admit it. Nothing lasts forever, and if the chips fall the wrong way.....well, we all know what the implications are.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkphoenix77

In regards to the OP, it took real courage to voice your opinion, knowing it was likely to be an unpopular one, I salute you.

I'm pretty sure that on a predominantly American site that was never going to be the case, as evinced by the stars and flags he's got for it (which the cynical might think was his intent).

And courage isn't a word that can ever be used to describe typing something on an internet forum.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

The UK would be no different whatsoever now if the people were armed or not for the simple reason that the majority of the population there doesn't have a clue what you're talking about. All average Joe is bothered about is the price of food, beer, petrol and holidays and all they can do to help make that better is to make an uneducated guess when it comes to voting time. Your OP is null and void.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

If the public had a real deterrant against crime and bad governance.. Would Maggie have taken the kids milk?

Maggie took milk in 1970?

So, to answer your question, unless you think something passed in the 1968 Firearms Act would have stopped her, yes. She would.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by SecretFace

Rather than concentrating on the obvious..

Answer this.. Has disarming the UK public made us safer? Is our government enacting the will of the people or their own?

The UK public has never been disarmed. It wasn't armed in the first place. And, as has been pointed out to you many times now, it is still possible to buy and keep some firearms in the UK .

Perhaps you can explain to me how a mob with guns would enact "the will of the people" better than an elected government. Who would decide what is the will of the people ?

So far as Maggie being persuaded from her course by some people with guns that didn't turn out too well for the Argentinian Junta nor the IRA.

Since free (at taxpayers expense) school milk ceased to be provided in 1970 has any government of any flavour tried to bring it back ? The idea that it was an issue to provoke blood on the streets is ludicrous.

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join