It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK.. We Messed Up Letting The Government Take Our Guns..

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Right - handguns outlawed so therefore no handgun violence -- Right?
Except mate - 2005 4,360 cases of handgun violence, 2006 - 4,672, 2007 - 4,173 2008 - 4,172 2009-4,274 2010-3,743 2011-3,105

So yeah - now the ONLY ones with handguns are the bad guys using them on all the sheep without them.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unalien

Right - handguns outlawed so therefore no handgun violence -- Right?
Except mate - 2005 4,360 cases of handgun violence, 2006 - 4,672, 2007 - 4,173 2008 - 4,172 2009-4,274 2010-3,743 2011-3,105

So yeah - now the ONLY ones with handguns are the bad guys using them on all the sheep without them.

Yup, and that's what they want for us Americans too.

If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tsara
I live in the UK, Northern England to be exact and own a fire arms license and I just bought this beauty recently:

ISSC Mk22 Black Model – .22lr Semi-Auto Rifle – Featuring 22 Shot Magazine with Fixed Stock and adjustable Cheek Piece. – Supplied with 1/2″ UNF Thread Adaptor

I think some Brits need to learn their laws and rights.

We're just subjected to more thorough testing.

For a fire arms license. You either need to have permission to shoot on private land, or be part of a gun club. Medical checks for any past history of mental health, and also background checks for any criminal records. Also two referees are needed which can't be family related. E.G a boss

As well as that, you must have a secure place to keep them, in a gun locker. Other than that, we can own a wide range of guns, except hand guns..

Also it's funny that most people want semi-automatic rifles banned in the US when we can have them here in the UK.

I'd just like to note. Only rim fire semi auto rifles are allowed and must be a certain calibre. Center fire semi auto rifles aren't allowed.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Tsara because: (no reason given)

Too bad you can't get an ak-47 7.62mm. Maybe you should take a trip to afghanistan and buy one there dirt cheap. The .22lr is almost identical to the ar-15 sold in the states aka 5.56mm but it is a much shorter projectile for shorter ranges and less lethal.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

I suggest you "learnt" the deference between a democracy and a republic. It's the internet I can't use hand puppets to dumb it down.

That said, I'll reread your post that I replied to, just to make sure I didn't stick my foot in my mouth. I if I did... I stand corrected. Please eccept my apology.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Actually not all hand guns are banned in the UK. Black powdered muzzle loaders are still allowed, however you need a explosives certificate, unless you have the smokeless powders you don't.

However I think you'd need to be part of a gun club for the ownership of these.

I don't think there is a calibre restriction on these guns.

Yeah, we are quite restricted on hand guns, but some muzzle loaders of little beauties

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by misscurious
NO we didn't .. why do we need guns here?

Actually re reading your post I've never heard so Much nonsense.. so instead of demonstrating peacefully we take to the streets with guns? I'm glad we don't have more people like you livng here...
edit on 15-1-2013 by misscurious because: (no reason given)

Typical sheeple answer.

I wish there were more people like him in the UK. In fact, I wish there were more here in America. We need people who actually understand how to think.

Do you know why we cherish our guns?

Because, to some extent, our government actually FEARS us. Our founders killed quite a few of yours, in order to have what we have today.

Do you know why they haven't turned this place into sheeple land yet?

Because people like me are still alive and breathing. And there are people here a LOT stronger, smarter, and a lot more well armed than me.

The OP was saying that the UK doesn't have the advantage of instilling a certain fear in their government, because their government reigns over them so strongly. That is a fact, not nonsense.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsara

A black powder pistol, used at the right time and right place will get you a more, shall we say, useful firearm.... so will a sharpened butter knife. Just saying.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

We can get the GSG AK-47 here, which is .22 rimfire as well. We can only have rimfire semi-automatic rifles and they need to be .22. Though, it's better than nothing

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by murphy22

Yeah, but most people don't know the firearms we're allowed in the UK, and are quite uneducated on the topic. We maybe limited, but we can still own them for the most part. Once my posts are up I should make a thread on the guns we can own, laws, and so fourth for others to know our rights to guns.

The guns we have though, are better than nothing.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsara

That is more than I knew about the "old country". A .22 cal. is nothing to laugh at when it is used right.
I know I wouldn't want to take one.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Maybe there is a little fear from the fire arm owners but the media is owned by big private interests and the last thing they can afford is truth. Just to perfectly illustrate the point 11 years have passed since the events of 9-11-2001 and most people still think it was alqueda's doing. The lack of any plane wreckage found at the pentagon or even ANYONE claiming to have seen an airplane there tells the fact it was a missle fired from some drone. Where else could the missle have been launched from? I don't know. Yes two planes hit the twin towers but they were not passenger planes, they were windowless generic planes...some called them cargo planes and some military planes.

The terrorist attack on britain and spain were also very suspicious.

The bottom line is people vote for the wrong parties and the media is all too happy to mislead them, especially in the united states of america....supposed freedom of speech and all that jazz.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

It's hard to imagine that the Gov has taken ALL of your guns..

If that is the case then, WOW!

I thought my neighbors were passive..

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tsara
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

We can get the GSG AK-47 here, which is .22 rimfire as well. We can only have rimfire semi-automatic rifles and they need to be .22. Though, it's better than nothing

Of course it is nothing to laugh at. The people who put down small calibers are usually those that can't aim properly and need big bullets to feel macho. I am not kidding! Big guns offer too much recoil and are tough to control. When I shoot my 12 guage I use 1oz or 7/8oz load. Forget the 1-1/8 they kick like a mule!

I am going to check out how many freedoms ex-communist nations have in relation to gun rights. On youtube there are bulgarians, russians, yugoslavians shooting ak-47 automatics, but maybe they are special forces??
edit on 15/1/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

So when TPTB start taking to the street I will see you begging for mercy..

The freedoms of the people deserve to be protected, if more people were like you we would've been a communist country already

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsara

I am happy to hear that ya'll are allowed at least something across the pond. I did not know myself what you could and could not have. But then again, your in my great-grandfathers country
how would I have known?

I'm an American, if it doesn't leave a bruise.... or "thud" at 800 yrds.....

But knowing what I happen to know. I am not "unarmed" with a .22. I just prefer, more options.

God bless the U.K.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Honestly, I feel the Gov won't take harsh actions to better gun control. If anything they are aware of how stuck up and non-submissive U.S. citizens really are. There would be war above all things if they dare violate one of our oldest amendments

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Who would guess third world countries plagued with monarchies or dictatorships allow people to celebrate weddings with full automatic weapons?? Quick lets all run to the middle east and have fun!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

"......harsh actions to BETTER gun control"..... Americans are "stuck up"..WTH?????... Please tell me that is not you in your Avatar. Is it? You are a Marine? My soon to be ex was a "Marine" I was Army. And she sounds as dazed and confused as you do on the document you swore to uphold a defend. If indeed, you served.

Do the US. Marine's learn anything anymore?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seede

TextPay attention to what I'm saying. Chicago is completely surrounded and drowned in guns, I'm referring to the whole of the USA, so of course gun control will not work in just one place. It needs to be the whole country for it to work.

@ SpearMint

Don't understand your reasoning.

Chicago (USA) has a population of 2,707,120 with a homicide rate of 15.2 per 100,000 people.

New York City (USA) has a population of 8,244,910 with a homicide rate of 6.4 per 100,000 people.

Both cities have strict NO gun laws and in fact Chicago has the more strict laws on the books.

Not all of these homicides are gun related but I wanted to show you that it is the hearts and minds of people and not the guns that kill. Regardless of how you stack the deck it boils down to one fact. Drugs are the main issue with homicide as well as education. When you alter the minds of people with hate and drugs, you destroy that mind totally. America turned their people into more ignorant savages than when we had slavery and it has now come home to bite us. Don't be foolish and argue facts.

How tough their gun laws are doesn't matter, because my whole point is that they are surrounded by guns, the rest of the country, so there's no way the laws will work.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join