It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you conduct your campaign?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
If you were running for president how would you run your campaign? would you try and dig up as much dirt on your opponet? would you bring up his or her past? have consenual sex and then bring it up yeasr later saying it was sexual harassment?

just courious

lemme know what you think

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Nope, no smear campaigns.

Id just have the basic TV Ads, stickers, buttons, and so forth. I wouldnt try and hide things I may/maynot do in the past, since itd get out anyways.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
No smear for me as well, just get dirt for backup

I would do the TV ads and so forth but I'd be closer to the people, which Bbush and Kerry have failed to do. Ii would make it be that I am still from where I came from upper-middle class and nothing will change and that I will look out for the people instead of the government.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
All good republican voters should approve of the Bush method:

1. Fear, terror, divisiveness and appeal to nationalistic pride in adversity.

2. Contract voting machine manufacturers loyal to Bush, to deliver machines that don't have audit trails. Ignore the pesky requests of states like Florida to put the paper trail in place, until they insist.

3. Disenfranchize as many black voters and non-republicans as possible. Make it difficult for them to register and to vote.

4. Hide the truth about reaction to Bush administration actions by disallowing civil protests, manipulating media and blocking international access to presidential website.

5. Address no policy issues except in hot-air filled soundbites with no substance, reinforce only fear and terror and fabricated/elevated national security measures.

6. Lie about what your opponents have said in an attempt to denigrate them and remove focus away from real issues affecting Americans.

7. Lie about what you yourself have said as "president", to cover up bad decisions that cost lives and more, as well as ineptitude and corruption.

...>

8. I forgot. Kiss a baby, and try not to look too awkward about it or drop it on its head.

That is the Bush recipe for success!

[Edited on 27-10-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Well, I think base it around countless photo-ops to capture my utter sexyness...

Nah I kid, I'd probably take the grassroots approach, and therefore fail miserably.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Well, considering you've got to be a bit of a tool to run for president in the first place I suppose I would base my campaign on the simple strategy of anything that makes me look good and my opponent bad.

While I wouldn't make up any dirt or lie about my opponent, if my dirty rotten scoundrels dug up something bad and true I suppose I'd use it.

In it to win it folks, slinging mud is part of the job. Making mud is your opponents job.

As always just my opinion of course.

Spiderj

new topics

top topics

join