It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun owner thwarts an armed robbery without a gun

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by exitusstatuquo

You want each and every person to be a pseudo police officer. A deterrent to crime.

While at the same time saying you need your guns to stop a police state and tyranny.

It changes every time I read it, so forgive me if I am not fully appreciative of just what it is the individual wants as a member of the total.

Can't have your cake and eat it... but then what do I know.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Propose the guy did have a gun.

You don't. He pulls, you can't stop him (not like its easy either), he shoots you. He shoots the owner. If he had just robbed the store, chances are no one gets shot. What was it worth?

And they probably aren't going to be robbing the store or wherever if their faces arent covered?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PrincessTofu

When you have seen as many criminals as I have you just know. I am not a cop and never have been. When I did bond recovery I looked into enough criminal's eyes I know what they look like. The guy in the Buick was indeed in a panic when he called his friend inside. They were up to something. I would likely have been a cop if it was not sch a corrupting position. I am a man like any other and I was aware that the level of corruption influence for cops is greater than I could deal with. I would not do that job. I need a monk or priest level of life experience with the power I have in order to keep straight. Power corrupts as they say. I have to stay away from it to avoid it but I know malevolence when I see it.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by exitusstatuquo
reply to post by PrincessTofu

When you have seen as many criminals as I have you just know. I am not a cop and never have been. When I did bond recovery I looked into enough criminal's eyes I know what they look like. The guy in the Buick was indeed in a panic when he called his friend inside. They were up to something. I would likely have been a cop if it was not sch a corrupting position. I am a man like any other and I was aware that the level of corruption influence for cops is greater than I could deal with. I would not do that job. I need a monk or priest level of life experience with the power I have in order to keep straight. Power corrupts as they say. I have to stay away from it to avoid it but I know malevolence when I see it.

I lived in Oakland for a year.

Maybe they were late for an angry mom's supper spread.
edit on 15-1-2013 by PrincessTofu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

What did I say that gives you the idea that I care what you do with your life? I did not say I care if you emulate me. I am telling a story of recent events. I care not how important you feel or if you feel no self importance at all. It makes no difference in this case does it? I took care of the situation and I hope I saved some lives and likely saved these 2 men from a life of difficulty and pain for themselves and their families as well as the public at large.

edit on 15-1-2013 by exitusstatuquo because: one dang glaring error

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I approached him from behind and to his left. He had to turn and face me and if he had revealed to shoot at that time I had him from an angle he could not have shot me from. I started with martial science at 14 years of age. I would not expect the average person to do this. My training took over and I wanted to keep my friends in the store from possible harm. It is one of my favorite stores. They carry mostly American made products. I moved without thinking just on my intent of not letting harm happen.

edit on 15-1-2013 by exitusstatuquo because: edited for small errors

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Exit,

May i suggest that you have a look at the link provided :

www.opposingviews.com...

Slightly similar circumstances but not in a store of course (and of course you were not carrying but as you stated, the store owner is heavily armed and this could have turned into a right carnage if someone shouted out that the guy was an armed robber).

I still take my hat of if you possible thwarted a robbery... but what if it really was the other way round?

Isn't there a popular saying that goes like this "Think twice"?

Warmest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I could give a crap what the herd mind thinks is important to me thank you very much.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

well done

and i think it should be emphasized that your weapon wasn't even on your person.
however, the possibility that it was served as an obvious deterrant.

sometimes, guns don't need to be fired to serve the vital purpose of protection.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I have pulled the same hidden hand trick when confronting trespassers on some property i took care of .

With all the foreclosed homes the thieves are having a field day.
They claimed they thought the house was abandoned even though the lights were on.

This home was my fathers and after he passed away i was living in the back yard in my motor home while i got it cleaned up and ready for sale.

Four homes in the area had been broken into and stripped in 2 months

They even took the electrical wiring out of the walls in one.

When i confronted the trespassers i was armed with a 1911 but my hidden hand was on a can of bear repellent.
if they had been armed and went for a weapon the bear repellent would have given me the time to pull my weapon while they were blindly trying to see me.

If your phone has a camera learn how to take a photo with it but while it looks like you are checking a text massage, taking a phone call, or checking a shopping list.

if you see someone suspicious then you can get a photo just in case.

By the way i am a ex-federal security officer.
Never fight fair.
edit on 15-1-2013 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

i used to work a liquor store as a side job, and one day three gangsters come in drunk as sh*t and start a physical confrontation with my boss, i step in and start using words and physical actions and I position myself as to get them out, and we are at the front doors of the store. the gangsters girlfriends who are the "sober drivers" see whats happening and start to intervene, and diffuse the situation. the last guy that i had physical contact with looks me in the eye and says im coming back with my "9".

I responded "please come back, my 357 would like to meet both of you"(even though i carry nothing except my legal blade). i never saw those guys again.

1 me, dipsh*ts 0.

i knew who these guys were(local gang tweaker trash who carry illegally) and since they they believed there was a gun in the store they never came back.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
No one got hurt and it is possible the OP thwarted a robbery. No harm no foul in my mind. Although, I do think, "what if" they were there for that and they were carrying and someone got shot because of it, the OP or someone random while the OP tried to disarm them.

As far as creeping someone random trenchcoat person, I had a squigee kid throw muddy water on my car this morning and actually ask for money. I'd rather have someone play with an invisible gun in front of me then have my car in need of a cleaning...

Anyhow, invisible gun, invisible bad guys... Maybe it was something maybe it wasn't.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
If the OP has the training and experience that he says he does, I think there is a good probability that he is right when he says he thwarted a robbery. I have worked both as a bouncer and bartender at a nightclub and as a night porter at a low priced hotel, with 500 rooms.
In both cases I was pretty amazed by how good my colleagues and I became at smelling trouble. Sounds amazing, but no unbelievable.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

When I was in the Army and was in a headquarters unit and got in some trouble for being a dip sh@t, my company commander instead of busting me down to a line unit instead made me his driver so I could stay in HQ. I ask him why he had done this the next time we were in the field and we were alone so no ears could hear. He told me that "if we end up in live combat I want you to be the person by my side when we go live." This is a man who was a Vietnam veteran combat arms officer and a company commander. When I was in the military many other officers said I was the most strack trooper they had ever seen.

I liked these complements and the many offers to get me into OCS or Delta but after a lot of research I realized the US had from before my birth had become something not even close to what we thought it was when we were being trained in their schools. It had become owned by very powerful interests that were acting behind the scenes. Banks own everything including the USA.gov, If anyone steps out of line they are killed, marginalized, or in other ways harmed. I am one of the people you want to know is out there that is not anyone's fool and will run towards the gunfire not cower and run away. I can not help it. I just will not let people be harmed and have no innate fear for some reason of being killed.

I have a lot of strength and I can give it freely to those who need it and it seems to just be renewed when I need it by my creator thank the Lord. However much strength I need God seems to provide it so I can do more than most folks and because of this do it without a thought. Patients of mine will just want to hug me or hold my hand and draw strength from me. I give them that energy freely. I work not just on the level of defense but also on the level of the spirit that is the part that binds us. We all want to be loved. Even the guy with the trench coat. Everyone is trying to scratch out an existence here. I do not judge people. To me the most important thing is do no harm. The rest is just what happens. Existence is pretty random.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join