It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You really want to know whats going on?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

What did we do to them? What country exactly? Afghanistan? They didn't attack us you know?
Did you see? We didn't do anything.

You sincerely think the US is going to attack a country for beating us economically because our corrupt government led us down this path? Our politicians will be too busy investing in Chinese companies to start a war.
All that will happen is Detroit will get a hell of a lot bigger.
edit on 17-1-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

North America can feed itself with or without Monsanto. Of course the health and quality of these GM foods are bad, but because there are Billions to be fed worldwide, production has to be amplified and genetic crop tampering, and chemical farming is needed as a shortcut.

Not true. First of all, there is plenty of food to go around. But inefficient business and trading practices, combined with the powerful force of starvation used as a weapon against 3rd-world populations, is the true problem.

Second, GM technology doesn't work. Crop yields are not bigger. Less nutrition. Poison-producing genes in the plant itself. Greater incidence of superbugs resistant to every trick we know. Farmers having livlihoods threatened or destroyed.

Even if we do need to increase crop production, GM tech has proven itself unworthy for the task. At least for now.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
You can always pay with cheap dollars.

Of course, that means the value of the dollar would plummet vs the world currency.

Start thinking about $15 per gallon of gas.

But on the flip side, the US could once again become a manufacturing country. When you can no longer afford to buy expensive goods from China, you can just make them yourselves.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
To the people talking about our great military, you people do realize that we have to pay this military right? How are we supposed to support this giant military if our currency is worth less than dirt? I guarantee that if our economy crashes our military will shrink to a fraction of its fighting force or the government will sell more of its secret tech to try to pay the bills therefore leveling the global playing field. Stop counting on our military might when the SHTF.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The mightiest military ever, brought to its knees by insolvency, What poetic justice.Weapons cost money and you don't have any.

Back on topic, USA doesn't manufactures anything anymore,except big-salaried bankers and they are your biggest problem and that is where you should start your witch hunt instead of blaming others for your own failures.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
We aren't going down without a fight.

Wars have been fought for much less than losing the reserve currency status.
The rest of the world needs to know that Americans are crazy, and really shouldn't F with us.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

I wonder if these words have ever been said in the Whitehouse

Seriously though, I think we are advanced enough as a species that we can handle this situation without violence. No, I know we are.

The sad part is, I don't know if we will. It would be a bad plan to go to war with America, and if nukes get involved we're all hit unless those missile defense systems work out like their supposed to. I hope they do work if ww3 breaks out. Actually, I hope they just leave nukes out of it. The thing about it is, at that point they were already dumb enough to have ww3 - more specifically with the US.... We would dominate an air war.... But I do wonder about those satellites and how well we could remain effective without them.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
So what IS really going on? Is the earth flat where everything will fix itself or are we driving towards a cliff? Are there not warning signs that spell "Imminent Danger"?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

We don't need cheap plastic crap, and electronics/appliances with a shelf life of a carton of eggs anyways.

lol, i buy me a cellphone and not even a week later the screen is broken so is the back cover
i buy a carton of eggs still good 4 weeks later.

that being said, WE *Americans* want things cheap and fast. *since those are our only choices*
the other choices employ hard work and diligence, something that has been "bred" out of our society

almost everything is imported, from electronics to labour, since we're too good for manual labour, let the immigrants do it.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
What's really going on, is people believe EVERYONE ELSE is the problem; and they have nothing to do with nothing. The system only fed the people, what the people wanted to eat. The real problem is, the U.S. went from a manufacturing nation, to a nation of consumers. If we're gonna point fingers...let's stand in front of a mirror and point at: OURSELVES. WE ARE THE PROBLEM not "them".

<< 1  2   >>

join