It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You really want to know whats going on?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryNorris

You remind me of Germanicus and his BRICS rantings.

And I will repeat what I said before about BRICS nations. If you think that they are the saviors of the planet then you are dreaming.

Brazil is a country with a huge gap between the rich and poor. Death squads and such.
China has fake growth that's going to collapse around their ears. All those ghost cities with no one living in them.
Iran...... I don't know what they got. Oil and that's about it.

Asia can form a trade bloc but if they don't have people buying product what's the point. Most people in Asia don't earn the money needed to buy those big ticket items.

Does America have problems you bet. Will they get solved? Who knows. Will BRICS nations save the day? Doubtful.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by Goldcurrent

I dunno, Monsanto are doing a pretty good job of ruining demand for US grain.

North America can feed itself with or without Monsanto. Of course the health and quality of these GM foods are bad, but because there are Billions to be fed worldwide, production has to be amplified and genetic crop tampering, and chemical farming is needed as a shortcut.

I say if Eastern Nations want to hoard gold and create an independent trading bloc...go ahead.

N. America should close the ports and worry about herself. I reiterate, we don't need cheap products from Wal-Mart to thrive.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perhaps
reply to post by Ghost375

We aren't going down without a fight.
Yet it seems you are going down - economically, it's a slow boil... now where's the fight??
Our economy is doing fine for now. Our dollar is still the reserve currency. No sense in starting WW3 until we really have to.

Wars have been fought for much less than losing the reserve currency status.
...and??
That sentence is self explanatory. Not my fault if you can't comprehend it.

The rest of the world needs to know that Americans are crazy...
Your words, not mine.

... and really shouldn't F with us
... or what??

Or we'll nuke your ass back into the stone age. Did you see what we did to the country that just supported the group that destroyed our building? and the country near it? I don't support these things, don't get me wrong.

edit on 15-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

You are insane....America is the worst country on the face of the planet run by criminals....Not saying other countries aren't just as corrupt or guilty; but America is not 'The greatest country in the world', and we never have been..

It's all one great big hoax, or an illusion if you prefer...It promotes patriotism or just hard-headed pride...

Pridge goeth before a fall, remember your proverbs..

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

its all by design to sell a pantomime.. the people that manipulate the british and american economies are the same people manipulating the chinese, russian etc... economies. if you control an economy you pretty much control the country. just throw in some bribery, fraud, secret societies, control of media and you've got things nicely stitched up.

i think the idea is to weaken america with civil war, then who knows what...? invasion by..?

out of the ashes of america the new world order will apparently be born.....?!

i just wonder how weaponised rabbies will be involved with all this??

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Hey, HenryNorris.

I contemplated your OP for awhile but then I remembered that true power is that of real force. The United States is the strongest military power and I highly doubt that the folks who put together such a sophisticated network with the hardware to back it up would let people with tons of paper to take it over.

Respectfully,

-AS-

P.S. Well....you never know now-a-days. Anything is possible. (especially if generations have been told that paper currency is actually worth something)
edit on 15-1-2013 by AeonStorm because: changed

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Follow the money, nothing wrong with that, we have been warned..since forever...in our lives.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I agree. That may help get jobs back in America instead of having everything come from China. Years ago when I joined the NRA they sent me a really nice knife. I opened it and it was made in.....you guessed it. CHINA!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

AMEN!!!!

Close the borders, lets worry about us. Line our ship along the coasts and our army along the borders and to hell with everyone else.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Makes sense everything that happens is a trickle down from central banks fighting for their power, as that seems like the highest stakes game here on earth (material-wise anyway). Also makes sense to disarm people before an economic collapse, with all those pesky riots/looters. Coincedence?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

China seeks to unseat the USD as Reserve Currency, and this will destroy the American economy. Really destroy it. This is what China, the BRICS and gang have been working toward for years.

Who exactly is planning to destroy America??

HenryNorris, you should google and checked how many American Companies set up manufacturing plants and shift all their business to China and India and not in America.

If all those American companies manufactures on America soil, there would be trade surplus every month and not trade deficit! US dollar would not be in this pathetic state.

Next you should check who are the owners of those American Companies?
They are the main culprits!

edit on 16-1-2013 by roche because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by roche

China seeks to unseat the USD as Reserve Currency, and this will destroy the American economy. Really destroy it. This is what China, the BRICS and gang have been working toward for years.

Who exactly is planning to destroy America??

HenryNorris, you should google and checked how many American Companies set up manufacturing plants and shift all their business to China and India and not in America.

If all those American companies manufactures on America soil, there would be trade surplus every month and not trade deficit! US dollar would not be in this pathetic state.

Next you should check who are the owners of those American Companies?
They are the main culprits!

edit on 16-1-2013 by roche because: (no reason given)

I agree.

Traitors.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
www.americanthinker.com...

Germany is bringing home their gold. Brazil is looking to use gold for Reserves. Its all kicking into gear.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

How can you openly support a war and then say you don't? Everyone here got you loud and clear.

Empires rise, and empires fall. If you think it's justifiable marching into a war because a loss of a international status then you are already preceding TPTB's will for the ignorant masses, where wars have been fought irrationally for the sake of money and pride, although a strong economy should not be depended on the usage of its currency over the entire world, but locally and wisely just like Scandinavian countries are doing (Supposedly weaker economies but with a standard of living for everyone you may only dream of).

You should watch the documentary the member Corruption Exposed posted the other day, called "The war you don't see". I guess you should educate yourself on what's really going on instead of being fed by the media and pump your chest openly. And hurry... This one was already banned in YT and nobody knows how long this would be up.

The War You Don't See (Vimeo)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Re your opening post: Congratulations, I believe that you are the first person in history to say that 16 trillion dollars is nothing, in any context.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

Thank you.

This movie ought to be required viewing for everyone who even remotely thinks that war is justified. Wake up. Realize what is really going on.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Reminds me that Iraq and China had just signed oil contracts just before our shock and awe in Baghdad.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
S & F for a detailed and well laid out explanation.

But, as some one else basically alluded to a few posts down from the OP... while we may have #ed things up financially and economically, and no one wants to deal with us, when you have the largest, strongest and most technologically advanced military on the planet, there's really no reason for the hand-wringing.

We are the bully on the playground. Sad, but true.
(And, we will continue to take everyone's lunch money)

edit on 1/16/2013 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
We aren't going down without a fight.

Wars have been fought for much less than losing the reserve currency status.
The rest of the world needs to know that Americans are crazy, and really shouldn't F with us.

back in the 14th century two Italian towns went to war over a bucket!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goldcurrent
This is what happens when our leaders sell us out to Wall St. and corporations. The loss of intellectual property and syphoned production, leading to an imbalanced trade scenario.

The floodgates have been opened. Internationalism as a concept has backfired on N. America.

I wholly believe N. America can sustain itself once again. It will hurt, and we may have to do without cheap Asian products but it will free us from consumerist moral degradation.

We don't need cheap plastic crap, and electronics/appliances with a shelf life of a carton of eggs anyways.

I completely agree with you, very well said (and quite politely too!)

I just want to add that in my opinion this "change" from N. America will probably not happen until they are forced to. I just don't see everyone changing their attitude overnight to make any impact... unless they get a wake up call and have to change... which will definitely hurt.

The rural folk who are used to living off the land will be fine, except when people go near their places looking for food.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join