It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You really want to know whats going on?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Then you need to watch the Central Banks.

You need to watch the Currency Wars.

I have been watching Central Banks and the health of Americas Reserve Status for many years now. For me this is an exciting time. The BRICS nations helped by the NAM alliance and others are close to unseating the USD as Reserve Currency. This is why America is in such a panic right now. Scrambling with silly ideas like minting trillion dollar coins to pay China. Raising taxes, cutting Military and Defense, being forced to try to do something about spending while at the same time devaluing their currency with massive amounts of never ending Quantitative Easing ( printing money to backdoor BailOut Banks while telling Americans it makes it easier to borrow ).

America is gasping. America had to buy over half of its own debt last year because China doesnt want it anymore. Nobody does. Not only that but Central banks are looking to replace their USD Reserves with something that is safe.

The 16 trillion National Debt is nothing when you add Unfunded Liabilities and Derivatives. Now that the Federal Reserve has started a desperate Currency War we see that it is blowing up in Americas faces. It is not just South America that is angry. Japan are furious and Australia isnt too happy either amongst others. America is attacking our exporters with their destructive money printing.

In late November last year at the China-Asean Summit 15 Asain nations met representing more than half of the worlds population. They formed a Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership that excludes the United States. They excluded America because America tried to form an American dominated Asian Trade Bloc that excluded China. Americas exclusion from the area is the biggest humiliation for the United States in Asia ever. The US media did not cover this.

I know many Americans have been brainwashed to think that China needs America to buy their products. This is not true and Chinas action prove that this is not true. China seeks to unseat the USD as Reserve Currency, and this will destroy the American economy. Really destroy it. This is what China, the BRICS and gang have been working toward for years.

You need to watch the Central Banks. I just came across this item and I thought it might help Americans better understand their certain doom. This guy thinks the Federal Reserve shut his thread down which I doubt but someone did. The thread should help anyone that is interested in learning about what Central Banks are doing and reading about the Currency Wars.
www.elitetrader.com...
edit on 15-1-2013 by HenryNorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
This is really interesting.
Will USA use military to protect herself when the repo man comes to collect?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
We aren't going down without a fight.

Wars have been fought for much less than losing the reserve currency status.
The rest of the world needs to know that Americans are crazy, and really shouldn't F with us.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

yeah, I dont see the US letting their dollar equal the Yen.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
This is what happens when our leaders sell us out to Wall St. and corporations. The loss of intellectual property and syphoned production, leading to an imbalanced trade scenario.

The floodgates have been opened. Internationalism as a concept has backfired on N. America.

I wholly believe N. America can sustain itself once again. It will hurt, and we may have to do without cheap Asian products but it will free us from consumerist moral degradation.

We don't need cheap plastic crap, and electronics/appliances with a shelf life of a carton of eggs anyways.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
As I understand it, it is the OPEC agreement to trade oil in the US dollar only that has made the dollar the de facto world currency. As a result, since that deal was struck, the US has had an economic free ride. The dollar, as with every other currency, simply being an iou.

As every country needs yo purchase oil it has been in their interests to hoard the dollar for the purchase of oil - inflating the value of the dollar. Those iou's are never sent back to the bank - and when the US requires more cash in it's economy they simply print more paper - and thanks to that OPEC agreement - there is relatively little impact on the value of the dollar.

All that it would ever take to collapse the US economy is to end that OPEC agreement. In fact, in 1998 Saddam Hussein did indeed cut a deal for oil in the Euro - American analysts fell over laughing - but 2 years later Iraq cut a tidy profit.

The Chinese Yuan meantime pegs itself to the value of the dollar. For talking sake say it's pegged at 70% of the dollar. Effectively - it doesn't matter what the US does - it can NEVER compete with China.

I believe it was around 2000 that China export restrictions were finally lifted. There was a plan that the restrictions should remain in place until the major currencies had evened out in value - and China's workers employment conditions were on a par with the developed world. However, the restrictions were lifted without these criterion being met - subsequently it took a mere 8 years for the global economy to collapse.

China no longer needs the west - it has no interest in keeping us propped up - with a burgeoning middle class in a population of 1.3 billion people they have a domestic market that will keep them ticking along quite nicely.

I fear that unless the dragon goes back to sleep the west is doomed to become the world's cheap labour force of the not too distant future.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
There is alot of chatter about China and Europe becoming closer. China will not be funding the imperial IMF. China has its own banks and they have also formed a BRICS Bank with the other BRICS members to take over from the World Bank/IMF. But yeah, all the chatter is about how China will save the day. There is incredible demand from Central Banks right now for the Yuan/RMB.

China’s foreign-exchange regulator said a new unit will use the nation’s $3.3 trillion in reserves to support Chinese companies expanding abroad, signaling fresh outlets for the world’s largest currency stockpile. The State Administration of Foreign Exchange said in a statement on its website today that its Co-Financing office has been seeking “innovative use” of the reserves and “supporting financial institutions in serving China’s economic growth and going-out strategy.”

www.bloomberg.com...

Central banks increasingly want to hold yuan as trade with China grows, a move that would boost the currency and turn it into a far greater cog of world finance. The question is by how much the currency will be bought and over how long a time. Gary Smith, the global head of official institutions at BNP Paribas Investment Partners -- a firm that manages 54 billion euros ($72 billion) for central banks, sovereign funds and supranational groups -- thinks it will be a lot and soon.

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

USD is toast.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
What are the thoughts regarding the possibility of China accumulating more gold than anyone else and backing their currency with that gold, making it the new reserve currency for the world? Even after all, none of us has seen the inside of Fort Knox. Maybe it is empty. We know England is only holding mostly other people's gold after their wise leader sold the UK gold when it was at a low. And then there is our debt. It is quite an impressive ponzi scheme, monetizing debt, The bond market is in a bubble waiting to burst. What will break the camel's back?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

We aren't going down without a fight.
Yet it seems you are going down - economically, it's a slow boil... now where's the fight??

...and??

The rest of the world needs to know that Americans are crazy...
Your words, not mine.

... and really shouldn't F with us
... or what??

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 02bmw76
What are the thoughts regarding the possibility of China accumulating more gold than anyone else and backing their currency with that gold, making it the new reserve currency for the world? Even after all, none of us has seen the inside of Fort Knox. Maybe it is empty. We know England is only holding mostly other people's gold after their wise leader sold the UK gold when it was at a low. And then there is our debt. It is quite an impressive ponzi scheme, monetizing debt, The bond market is in a bubble waiting to burst. What will break the camel's back?

The US and the IMF actaully have alot of gold if you believe them.

I think a global currency backed by gold in some way is a chance. China sure is buying alot lately. Maybe America will have enough gold to save itself somehow. It seems like nobody really knows waht to do after the USD which is kind of saving it for now to an extent.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

it's good to see educated Americans posting interesting info here and not just posting sh!t like:

"We aren't going down without a fight.

The rest of the world needs to know that Americans are crazy, and really shouldn't F with us. "

which just makes it look all Americans are thick as pig sh!t, which they obviously arent.

Good work to you sir and good work op

This really is a scary scenario for the US but also all of the west...

Will be following this one

Thanks

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

bahahahahah

scaaaaaary!

not

your doomed and there jack sh!t you can do about it, crazy or not

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

I believe this question may have been answered last week when The President of the United States said this:

What President Obama clearly states in the video above is that (Paraphrasing), "When the debt collectors come, we shall pay the bill". So, no military action is in his plans. This was always the plan!

The average American will be expected to pay the lavish "Dinner" bill, even though the Politician's "Wined and Dined", they got the "Brown Bag" special.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

I really hate ATS sometimes. I have a family and our future is bleak, thanks for rubbing it in. What an insensitive thing to reply. I might not be able to feed my future family and we have Europeans/Aussies/Asian members rubbing it in our faces.

If you think I wouldn't fight other countries from infringing on my future you are wrong. My government fault of not.

Oh and food prices are rising globally so you will be affected by our destrustion. BAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I think you miss understood me. My second post was aimed at the guys ridiculous post - nothing more. I wasn't laughing at the fact were all screwed I was laughing at the stupid post.

it's not a funny situation and it will effect us all, not just north america. I too have a family and worry about the future - as i said in my other post this is bad for all of western civilization not just you.

were all f****d - us, Europe, the whole of the western world

not just you
edit on 15-1-2013 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JDmOKI

Exactly. Let the rest of the world feed itself and then see who comes crawling to whom!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by doubledutch
I think you miss understood me. My second post was aimed at the guys ridiculous post - nothing more. I wasn't laughing at the fact were all screwed I was laughing at the stupid post.

it's not a funny situation and it will effect us all, not just north america. I too have a family and worry about the future - as i said in my other post this is bad for all of western civilization not just you.

were all f****d - us, Europe, the whole of the western world

not just you
edit on 15-1-2013 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

Well, if we start to get too hungry, we can always eat the banksters.

They sure have been fattening themselves up enough, anyway...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

I dunno, Monsanto are doing a pretty good job of ruining demand for US grain.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goldcurrent
This is what happens when our leaders sell us out to Wall St. and corporations. The loss of intellectual property and syphoned production, leading to an imbalanced trade scenario.

The floodgates have been opened. Internationalism as a concept has backfired on N. America.

I wholly believe N. America can sustain itself once again. It will hurt, and we may have to do without cheap Asian products but it will free us from consumerist moral degradation.

We don't need cheap plastic crap, and electronics/appliances with a shelf life of a carton of eggs anyways.

I am not American but I do live in North America, you post is very true and right to the point.
If only more people would think or post like you did today.

Nothing to add to your post but a Star.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Now you understand why the march to war.........the US has to keep up its rip tide of conquest or go under.....
War is the usual answer to such problems.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join