It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Senate passes 'landmark' gun control laws

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
This serves two purposes. They can now judge the response and also give the impression that the US prefers control.

You want to do something? Start with some unification. Look at your states rules and see what it takes to get an initiative in the ballot. Then look at what Wyoming is doing as a template. Take the info you get to a few of your local gun shops that are seeing an influx of thousands, and explain how many signatures are needed etc.. Ask for help and ask them to spread the word!

You are not powerless! If your state did vote a protective initiative into law and the Fed trampled on the will of the people in your state then it would be a very just call to Arms! Otherwise you are just a domestic terrorist!

Wyoming lawmakers propose bill to nullify new federal gun laws. (State jail Felony for any who try to enforce any bans. Specifically mentions Federal Officers!)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or you can just sit on your hands I guess! It is time to fight, and peace and order is the way. If the Fed wants to trample the will of the states then it is asking for open conflict. Not just rag tag either the National Guard is under state control!

Statewide movements and law are the only thing that will stop this! A handful of patriots would just be disappeared!

STAND NOW! Reaffirm the 10th amendment!
en.wikipedia.org...

All states may not follow suit but they dont have to! Gun control is not a Federal Goverment issue but rather a state issue!

Stand now or the second will be piecemealed out of existence and it will be gone forever.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

That said if they do come for em lay it down if you must, and take as many as you can with you!
Statements like this are why I hope those Mental Evaluations will include Present Gun Owners.

A, S, A P

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Thanks, didn't know about the petition. Sent it to all my associates. The signatures are steadily climbing and i'm sure more people by the second are finding out about it.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson

edit on 15-1-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Immune

That's the gun confiscation part. You have I year, effective immediately, to sell or surrender said firearms. That includes any clips which hold more than 7 bullets.

Welcome to Brave New York, soon to be Brave New Amerika.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
These are some pretty dumb laws.
www.9wsyr.com...

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - Provisions in a sweeping gun control bill before the New York Legislature:

-Further restrict assault weapons to define them by a single feature, such as a pistol grip. Current law requires two features.

All pistols have pistol grips, are those assault weapons? A bolt action is in no way an assault rifle but you can get a stock with a pistol grip will that be an assault rifle?

-Make the unsafe storage of assault weapons a misdemeanor.

Easy fix, don't let cops in your house because it would be "unsafe". Just say your house is a giant safe and only you and your partner have the key.

-Mandate a police registry of assault weapons.

This makes no sense. How will that do anything? There is a homicidal maniac shooting people!! OMG he is not on the registry WHAT DO WE DO????

-Establish a state registry for all private sales, with a background check done through a licensed dealer for a fee, excluding sales to immediate relatives.

I think the gun sellers had a hand in this. You can privately still sell guns but you still have to pay the dealers??

-Require a therapist who believes a mental health patient made a credible threat to use a gun illegally to report the threat to a mental health director who would then have to report serious threats to the state Department of Criminal Justice Services. A patient's gun could be taken from him or her.

They are supposed to report threats anyways, so that is dumb

-Ban the Internet sale of assault weapons.

Oh yeah, because NY had such a BOOMING online business selling "assault weapons".

-Require stores that sell ammunition to register with the state, run background checks on buyers of bullets and keep an electronic database of bullet sales.

This is just a money grab. Now NY is going to ask for more money from the people to pay to have this pointless database maintained and supervised.

-Restrict ammunition magazines to seven bullets, from the current national standard of 10. Current owners of higher-capacity magazines would have a year to sell them out of state. Someone caught with eight or more bullets in a magazine could face a misdemeanor charge.

They just chose 7 to piss everyone off. They started making mags hold 10 because 30 was just too much for the left and since they make 5 round mags that would be just too convenient. I do like the whole "give them a year to sell it" thing, a touch of irony. Watch someone will go on a rampage with a 10 round mag and blame NY for selling them lol

-Require that stolen guns be reported within 24 hours. Otherwise, the owner would face a possible misdemeanor.

Pretty sure that was already a law.

-Increase sentences for gun crimes including for taking a gun on school property.

Yeah, because none of those school shootings would have happened if the shooters knew they would get a few extra years in prison.

-Increase penalties for shooting first responders, called the "Webster provision." Two firefighters were killed when shot by a person who set a fire in the western New York town of Webster last month. The crime would be punishable by life in prison without parole.

Pretty dumb, in the case they mentioned they would already get life for murder. This would do nothing but have the potential to escalate crime. Now someone that would shoot a first responder to keep them away now has no reason NOT to make sure they are dead.

-Limit the state records law to protect handgun owners from being identified publicly. The provision would allow a handgun permit holder a means to maintain privacy under the Freedom of Information law.

Not to bad actually.

-Require pistol permit holders or those who will be registered as owners of assault rifles to be recertified at least every five years to make sure they are still legally able to own the guns.

This is just so every 5 years they can confiscate your weapon as they continue to change laws on the "assault weapons".

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
These new class of weapons are a product of the acceleration of technology, and we have to react when things get out of balance. These weapons of war were never designed with the homeowner as a customer, yet many of you think it is your right to possess them.

1. If we were all responsible, level headed, loving , peaceful people, then... there would probably not even be an issue.

2. If all members of our government were responsible, truthful, caring and paid attention to the detail they were elected for, there would probably be no issue as well.

It would be really foolish to think that those two statements represent reality.

The intelligence is to recognize that it is destructive reasoning to allow these kind of weapons in our society, irregardless of your viewpoint of how you, personally, would manage them.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

"New" class of weapons? You must have heard someone say that and thought it was worth repeating (its not). Please tell me exactly what you mean by "New"?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
awesome, i know one place im never visiting again, place was a $%^&hole to begin with. now they can turn the whole place into a cesspool like detroit.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ArnoldNonymous

I heard they're raiding a federal employee pension fund.While Obama dances around the issue with parlor tricks.
I think he's gonna blink.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
How about a tourist boycott of New york? Add in a product boycott as well. No more kosher weiners...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by nwtrucker
How about a tourist boycott of New york? Add in a product boycott as well. No more kosher weiners...

That would not work, people who are informed about NY either never want to go there or don't care and go there anyways. No real products to boycott either.
All we could do is pressure New Yorkers that live in other states that never shut up about how great new York is to move back there.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I live in NY and i will tell you this is the worst possible state to live in, i would rather live in north Korea.

They don't call NY "the empire state" for nothing!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
This bill is horrible.

open.nysenate.gov...

S 3.Section 265.20 of the penal law is amended by adding a new subdivision e to read as follows:

E. POSSESSION OF AN ASSAULT WEAPON ON PROPERTY OWNED OR IMMEDIATELY
CONTROLLED BY THE PERSON, OR WHILE ON THE PREMISES OF A LICENSED
GUNSMITH FOR THE PURPOSE OF LAWFUL REPAIR, OR WHILE ENGAGED IN THE LEGAL
USE OF THE ASSAULT WEAPON AT A DULY LICENSED FIRING RANGE, OR WHILE
TRAVELING TO OR FROM THESE LOCATIONS, BY A PERSON WHO LAWFULLY POSSESSED
SUCH WEAPON PRIOR TO JANUARY FIRST, TWO THOUSAND FOURTEEN AND WHO, PRIOR
TO APRIL FIRST, TWO THOUSAND FOURTEEN:

1. RENDERS THE ASSAULT WEAPON PERMANENTLY INOPERABLE; OR
2. SURRENDERS THE ASSAULT WEAPON TO THE APPROPRIATE LAW ENFORCEMENT
AGENCY AS PROVIDED FOR IN SUBPARAGRAPH (F) OF PARAGRAPH ONE OF SUBDIVISION A OF THIS SECTION.

S 265.02 Criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree.
A person is guilty of criminal possession of a weapon in the third
degree when:

(5) (i) Such person possesses three or more firearms

You are an enemy of the state if you own an "Assault" weapon past Jan.1st, 2014. You are an enemy of the state if you have more than 3 firearms. You must either destroy or give your guns to the government by that date.
edit on 16-1-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
This is the START.
they will keep taking all your rights away a little at a time.
and get most people to agree as they go along.
it will be to late when they realise that they have Nothing left.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

Check if your state has a law, or is considering one, in this thread. It has maps with clickable links for Firearms Protection Act, 2nd Amendment, and 10th Amendment.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some states have already passed laws, and the number is growing every day.

I'm sorry, NY.

ETA: I saw someone posted a link about Article 1, that if you already own the guns, they cannot do anything retroactively. I was not able to look into this.

I also saw something, a Supreme Court decisision, about being in a Militia, and the state interference with gun ownership.

Have any of you found your state Constitution and read it?

www.dos.ny.gov...
edit on 16-1-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

[Manner of passing bills; message of necessity for immediate vote]

§14. No bill shall be passed or become a law unless it shall have been printed and upon the desks of the members, in its final form, at least three calendar legislative days prior to its final passage, unless the governor, or the acting governor, shall have certified, under his or her hand and the seal of the state, the facts which in his or her opinion necessitate an immediate vote thereon, in which case it must nevertheless be upon the desks of the members in final form, not necessarily printed, before its final passage; nor shall any bill be passed or become a law, except by the assent of a majority of the members elected to each branch of the legislature; and upon the last reading of a bill, no amendment thereof shall be allowed, and the question upon its final passage shall be taken immediately thereafter, and the ayes and nays entered on the journal. (Formerly §15. Renumbered and amended by Constitutional Convention of 1938 and approved by vote of the people November 8, 1938; further amended by vote of the people November 6, 2001.)

Well, was it?

I don't think so. They opened the Assembly 1-14.2013
assembly.state.ny.us...

Passed the Bill, and signed it into law 1-15-2013
assembly.state.ny.us...

Did you hear an Emergency Assembly Called? It wasn't posted on their home website?

assembly.state.ny.us...

So?

Was it Constitutional, New York?

There it is, in black and white.

Where are you?

In fact, I can't even find it was even voted on?
assembly.state.ny.us...

ARTICLE XII (9)

Defense

[Defense; militia]

Section 1. The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

Hope someone grabs a hard copy of this, before it gets 'changed'.

S02230 Actions:
BILL NO S02230

01/14/2013 REFERRED TO RULES
01/14/2013 ORDERED TO THIRD READING CAL.1
01/14/2013 MESSAGE OF NECESSITY
01/14/2013 PASSED SENATE
01/14/2013 DELIVERED TO ASSEMBLY
01/14/2013 referred to codes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

S02230 Votes:
There are no votes for this bill in this legislative session.

BILL NO A02388

SAME AS Same as Uni. S 2230

SPONSOR Silver (MS)

COSPNSR Lentol, Ortiz, Morelle, Farrell, Weinstein, Camara, Hooper,
O'Donnell, Titone, Paulin, Moya, Glick, Wright, Schimel, Gottfried,
Rosenthal, Kavanagh, Steck, Weprin, Clark, Perry

MLTSPNSR Abinanti, Boyland, Brennan, Brook-Krasny, Buchwald, Castro, Colton,
Dinowitz, Englebright, Espinal, Fahy, Jacobs, Jaffee, Kellner, Kim,
Lavine, Lifton, Markey, Mayer, Millman, Mosley, Otis, Rosa, Rozic

Amd SS330.20 & 530.14, add S380.96, CP L; amd S404, Cor L; amd SS842-a & 846-a,
add SS446-a, 552, 656-a, 780-a & 1056-a, Fam Ct Act; amd SS240 & 252, Dom Rel
L; amd S837, Exec L; amd S212, Judy L; add Art 39-DDD S898, Gen Bus L; md
SS7.09, 9.47, 9.48, 9.60, 13.09 & 33.13, add S9.46, Ment Hyg L; amd Pen L,
generally, add S2509, SCPA; add S2801-b, amd S3602, Ed L; amd S18, Chap 408 of

Enacts the NY Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement (SAFE) Act of 2013.Go to top
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A02388 Actions:
BILL NO A02388

01/14/2013 referred to codes
01/15/2013 reported referred to ways and means
01/15/2013 reported referred to rules
01/15/2013 reported
01/15/2013 rules report cal.3
Go to top

A02388 Votes:
There are no votes for this bill in this legislative session.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Well, "message of necessity"kills it, unless you can prove a vote.

I still don't see one.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
More than 3 guns ?? You have got to be F'ing kidding me.
Upstate they will have to lock up half the population.

What about collectors.

The legislative body of NY is a bunch of full on Retards.
We will see how much of a full on Idiot Ozero is today.

We already know Biden has many loose screws.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I just read where a national boycott is being called for not to buy anything from any company based out of NY state: www.13wham.com... Here is where I found it. Maybe doing this will send a message to the Gov.
edit on 16-1-2013 by candlelight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Well thank God! I expect to see a decrease in gun crime in New York starting immediately.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join