NY Senate passes 'landmark' gun control laws

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
they dont call it "The Empire State" for nothing.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Go ahead blue states, we need the inventory in the red states, thanks.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Oh Oh........I'm glad I don't live in New York. I definitely am a deadly threat to anyone breaking into my home.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I put nothing past this administration.
They've shown good and well that they will do whatever it takes to push their agenda forward.
The ends justifies the means.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

This is good. It is a small step, but one in the right direction.

Good job for stepping up NY!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Nothing to be proud of for New Yorkers. Just ask residents of Chicago how their strict gun laws are working to curb violent crimes.

Sadly, Bloomberg managed to call the shots on this action that will now effect everyone in the state... The man has got pull.

Good Luck New Yorkers. Now they are going to flag you if you stock up on ammo before spending an afternoon at the range. (which could easily burn 400 or more rounds)

Thugs take note!! New York is the place to set up your new crime syndicate. P.S. The new laws do not apply to those hell bent on making a career out of crime. They never have. Go for it!! Give them what they asked for...
edit on 15-1-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtcGod
reply to post by goou111

This is good. It is a small step, but one in the right direction.

Good job for stepping up NY!!!

You wont say that when they FULLY try to take all the firearms from law abiding folk, guess who will be left with em???

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AtcGod

"Having a monarch is what we fought the American Revolution over"...RAND PAUL

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You know I see people buying magazines and bullets over the state line and driving back in to New York. I guess you'll need checkpoints up and down the highway, illegal searches, and total invasion of privacy to protect you from the big bad gun owners.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
P.S. The new laws do not apply to those hell bent on making a career out of crime. They never have. Go for it!! Give them what they asked for...
edit on 15-1-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

Poppycock. I know plenty of criminals that follow every single law.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike U.
reply to post by vkey08

I put nothing past this administration.
They've shown good and well that they will do whatever it takes to push their agenda forward.
The ends justifies the means.

AND THE HITS KEEP COMING!! What else will NY ban? Breathing outside perhaps? Bathtubs since we all know water is dangerous and people drown in them. Cars should be banned too. too much smog and congestion. Well I hope the emperor is happy for a little while.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ruby1776
reply to post by AtcGod

"Having a monarch is what we fought the American Revolution over"...RAND PAUL

Oh, come'on now, we all know the government knows best. . . . or at least that's what they tell us.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I predict massive ignorance of this if signed into law. Basically makes criminals out of ordinary law abiding citizens much like the book Atlas Shrugs.

Having the dubious distinction of being born in that state but sense enough to get out before it was taken over by statists I can have the opinion that the cancerous NYC area should be lopped off and made into one giant mental reservation for the rest of the country to send folks who for whatever deficiancy of mind cannot or will not understand the term "shall not be infringed"

DHS can administer the reservation to their hearts delight as those same folks like to be controlled, naturally those disposed to DHS service like controlling so it ought to be a perfect union forming a great utopion outpost any EU member can feel right at home in.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Just want to let you know, from a concerned New York resident, watch the other hand!!!!!

Tomorrow, Obama unveils HIS gun ban....... Rumor has it, it is the same as New York. Duh.......of course Cuomo and he have been working together.

I keep saying it, whatever screwball idea N?y or Cali come up......so goes the country.

Is everyone awake YET?????

Now, the important question.......how do we start the legal challenges?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

your post interested me so much i went out and looked up the compisition of the ny senate and ALOT of republicans voted for this as there are 32 republicans listed in the ny senate and 29 democrats(with a few as independent ones)

en.wikipedia.org... so i guess the next step if you live in new york and were offended by this legislation is to complile a list of the politicians who voted for this and make sure they do not get re-elected and find out who voted against this and make sure they stay in office

stuff like this makes me glad i live in montana as my state is not passing any kind of legislature on guns as far as i could find so state wide laws are not much of a concern to me as the supreme court seems to get rid of the unconstitutional ones,what im more concerned with is the federal bans that may be passed.

so if you live in a state and dont want simaler legislation write your reps and be respectfull but let them know how important the 2nd is to you as citizens and hope for the best

www.usatoday.com... map of states that shows ammount of gun legislation pending either pro or anti gun.
edit on 15-1-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Kind of makes me want to move to NY.

I mean I wouldn't feel comfortable if my schizophrenic neighbor was able to purchase an AR-15 with extended mags.

You should go.

That way your schizophrenic neighbor can purchase and AR-15 with extended mags, illegally and you'll be unarmed.

Good thinking

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Well it passed the assembly

New York Assembly Passes Gun Legislation

www.nytimes.com...

ALBANY — The State Assembly, which opened its legislative session this year with a moment of silence for the victims of the mass shooting in Newtown, Conn., on Tuesday approved a package of gun measures that would significantly expand the state’s ban on assault weapons.

Passage by the Assembly, on a 104-to-43 vote, came after nearly five hours of debate. The Senate approved the legislation on Monday night.

mods could you please update the op
edit on 15-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
assembly.state.ny.us... when the list of who voted for or against comes out make sure to use the email address listed to contact your reps and let them know how you feel about this new yorkers

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

That's not what gets you charges with mental instability.

Let me explain a simple fact.

If you're like Alex Jones, and you go on a tv show and bark out nonsense for 20 minutes looking like a f*cking incompetent dumb*ss, you are going to be viewed as mentally unstable. And you probably should not have guns.

If you come on a show with a stable personality, respect, honor, and niceness in your language and attitude, you could believe that aliens are your god and they're going to take you away to be their sex goddess. It doesn't matter. You were nice, you were kind. You are clearly mentally stable, and no one is going to take away your guns.

These laws are simply a statement of fact. If you're an incompetent buffoon who yells a lot, chances are you shouldn't have guns. If you're a gentleman with grace and honor, you can hold a weapon and be trustworthy not to kill dozens of school children.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
reply to post by goou111

See, this is how it should be done, by the state, not the Feds. If your state passes something you don't like, take it up with them. At worst, move to a state where you do like the way they do things.

That is called freedom of choice.

Much better than tyranny.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

I will agree with you on that, decisions about social issues should be made on a state level.

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join