It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Senate passes 'landmark' gun control laws

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo unveiled his proposal to bolster the state's gun laws late Monday after weeks of behind-the-scenes negotiations with legislative leaders, with a full ban on assault weapons slated to take effect as soon as it is passed. The Senate passed Cuomo's bill in a 43-18 vote around 11 p.m. Monday. The Assembly is set to take up the legislation when it returns to session at 10 a.m. Tuesday.

"Full ban to take effect".

www.usatoday.com...

Cuomo is getting his arse ready for 2016

edit on 15-1-2013 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

Are there dramatic government policy changes coming soon that would want to make Americans rise up in arms?

Are they getting ready to spring something on us?

Something that necessitated the disarming of the American public first?

Putting my conspiracy thinking cap on.

edit on 083131p://bTuesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Why would anyone that wants any sort of freedom or rights live in NY, even before this BS law?

NY, you will witness the continuation of the mass exodus from your Liberal Progressive state.

What a dump.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

I remember very well when Bush as president wanted to have every single American including children to be screened for mental illnesses, what happen to that? he could not do it at federal level because constitutional challenges

This will also be challenged in NY.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The mental health thing is disturbing, but the following burns me even more than that does.

The expanded ban on assault weapons would broaden the definition of such weapons, banning semiautomatic pistols and rifles with detachable magazines and one military-style feature, as well as semiautomatic shotguns with one military-style feature. New Yorkers who already own such guns could keep them but would be required to register them with the state.

The legislative package, which Mr. Cuomo said he believed would be “the most comprehensive package in the nation,” would ban any gun magazine that can hold over 7 rounds of ammunition — the current limit is 10 rounds. It would also require background checks of ammunition buyers and automated alerts to law enforcement of high-volume purchases.

What are they classing as "high volume" purchases? 100 rounds? 200 rounds? The 7 round magazine limit was place to effectively make it impossible to own any modern firearm that accepts a magazine. When was the last time you saw a 7 round magazine?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Is not going to get that far my friend, all this crap will go to courts very soon.

as a matter of fact its already on the table even before the so call "gun control" even starts.

People are just getting paranoid and forget that is many challenges in this NY ruling.

They try this same crap back in 2008 and then again in 2010, when the Supreme court ruling on Colorado gun control set all the rest of the states back with their ruling on gun rights.

Nothing but a pony show.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I'll go a step further.

Many target shooters will keep their paper targets or spent shell casings from a gun they have fired. Keeping such ephemera can be used as a sign of OCD, especially if the collection can be called hoarding. And hoarding could be called on any stockpile of ammunition above what the State of NY considers reasonable.

It could also be said that anyone wishing to keep such lethal objects despite the growing trend of rejection of such objects is an indication of a dangerous individual, perhaps even with obsessive or pathological tendencies. People are even casually labeled as "gun nuts".

There is a real danger to allowing the government having absolute control to what is subjective opinion. Stamp and coin collections may be considered okay, normal and healthy. Gun collections might not, even if based on historical significance. And the people making those decisions are appointed mental health officials. Who are appointed (and retained on the payroll) by the very people creating and endorsing this legislation. See how that works?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Here's a good one marg

54,000 Mexicans sign petition for US gun control

Read more: www.myfoxny.com...

Mexicans have signed a petition calling on the United States to take further steps to combat weapons trafficking.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I guess when it comes to America even Mexico think they have rights over the legal citizens of the nation when it comes to gun control.

Now that the 2 amendment is "challenged" once again is open for debate and all the scroungers are trying to get their dirty hands on the bag of goodies.

Is not going to happen. Perhaps we the legal citizens start screaming for the Mexican government to pay for the 50 foot fence
to keep the illegal trafficking of human flesh out of our borders.

You know how much profiting goes on gun trafficking? ban guns in the US and then the exportation will become importation.

Just a joke.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

"Traffiking" is the vital part you missed there. Or are you not realizing that our laws or rather our lazy enforcement of some laws has lethal consequences for Mexican border towns?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Whats that NEW mental disorder?
"Authority defiance disorder?"
If you dont obey you are crazy!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Interesting but what is the Mexican corrupted lazy government doing to help their own people? they don't want Americans to complain, or having citizens and government controlling the borders.

They want them just wide open.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

You mean the ones 'we' encourage to stick around while the Mexican people die fighting to oust them?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Whats that NEW mental disorder?
"Authority defiance disorder?"
If you dont obey you are crazy!

Close.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Who's fault is that? is not mine, no even yours, my dear, when you have a corrupted government in the nation like Mexico that is a big oil producer and the second one to supply US with oil, you know that they don't give a rat arse about the poor people they just want US to take care of them.

Do I feel sorry?, yeah, but do I care? no, because their own government doesn't either.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I'm not pointing a blame stick really, just saying that I think it's perfectly reasonable for Mexicans to petition the US Government to enforce our own laws regarding illegal trafficking, after all it is them who are being murdered by them. FOX BS as usual.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Kind of makes me want to move to NY.

I mean I wouldn't feel comfortable if my schizophrenic neighbor was able to purchase an AR-15 with extended mags.

LMAO! Sure move to the South Bronx or Hunts Point and tell me how that works for you in a year

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

"Traffiking" is the vital part you missed there. Or are you not realizing that our laws or rather our lazy enforcement of some laws has lethal consequences for Mexican border towns?

Oh, you mean like Fast and Furious?

Yeah, the real issue is the people with guns, and not the Government. Ok then, sure sure.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

What?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
When was the last time you saw a 7 round magazine?

Actually, I have about 100 of them for my 1911's. They are cheap as people all want the 8 round mags nowadays.

Glad I stocked up.

Not that Missouri would allow some nonsense like this NY bill. People here tend to be less Nanny-ish.

I am with Macman. Why do people suffer to live in NY - the tax rates are astronomical, the freedom index is low, crime is high (at least in a ctiy of any size). I'd vote with my feet like people are doing already.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

NY Senate passes 'landmark' gun control laws

www.9wsyr.com

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - New York's Senate where Republicans hold strong sway has approved what supporters say will be the toughest gun laws in the nation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

And the squeezing began...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join