It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children die in Syria, Airstrikes blamed.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Hey I don't know if you would be interested in this but I found something to show you that the SAA and Assad may not be responsible for most of the atrocities committed. What I have read is pretty sickening and I'll share a few bits of information to show you want I'm on about.

Many women and girls relayed accounts of being attacked in public or in their homes, primarily by armed men. These rapes, sometimes by multiple perpetrators,often occur in front of family members. The IRC was told of attacks in which women and young girls were kidnapped, raped, tortured and killed. Roadblocks, prolific throughout Syria, have become especially perilous for women and girls.

The IRC’s women’s protection team in Lebanon was told of a young girl who was gang-raped and forced to stagger home naked—heightening her shame in a society where modesty is so valued.

Notice how the writer doesn't mention the SAA? I'm assuming that those crimes against humanity are being committed by rebels.

In one extreme case, the IRC was told of a father who shot his daughter when an armed group approached to prevent the “disgrace” of her being raped.

Same again, it wouldn't be hard to distinguish between SAA soldiers and rebel fighters...

Syrian children have been living nightmares that they could not dream up. They have been exposed to unthinkable violence, and nearly every child will speak about having seen family members attacked or killed. Thousands of children have been caught in the crossfire, and there are widespread accounts of children being directly targeted. An IRC-supported doctor said he recently treated a one-year-old boy stabbed in the neck and a nine-year-old girl who had been brutally raped.

Now I understand Assad may be committing crimes against humanity himself, but do you think that everything that has happened over the last 2 years has been worth it? Look at those cases, Women and Children are being attacked. Were they being exposed by Assad and his army before the war began? I doubt it. Some in the report just want there country back to the way it was before the rebels and extremists entered.. If these heroic gunmen are willing to rape, torture and kill women and children in front of their families, then it wouldn't surprise me if they are committing the same crap like what was in the OP. Everyone should take a look at this report..

Syria - A regional crisis

<< 1   >>

join