It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If ATS were able to show us threads we were interested in.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I think it would be kind of handy if ATS introduced an algorithm to the forum that would pop up an interest topic option based on what we read and posted on. Similar to Netflix.

I can see people worried about privacy but anyone on the site can already look at anything you have responded to and follow you if they really wanted to.

It appears that the people that came up with the Netflix algorithm are called BellKor's Pragmatic Chaos. Maybe ATS can work out something neat with them.

It would be cool to just check boxes and have the huge forum slimmed down to what someone wants to discuss. Talking about gun control? No. 2012? No. And just have huge portions weeded out of New Topics when you log on.

I would donate to that.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
My computer already tries to do too much of my own thinking for me, and usually doesn't get it right. The other day Netflix, for instance, recommended I watch The Shining based on my affinity for This Is Spinal Tap. And while I do love both movies, it makes my head hurt trying to figure out the correlation there. I'd hate to see something like that happen to ATS.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by NthOther
My computer already tries to do too much of my own thinking for me, and usually doesn't get it right. The other day Netflix, for instance, recommended I watch The Shining based on my affinity for This Is Spinal Tap. And while I do love both movies, it makes my head hurt trying to figure out the correlation there. I'd hate to see something like that happen to ATS.

I agree Netflix has its faults but at least it's not constantly trying to make me watch Pokemon or Chainsaw Massacre.

It isn't 100% but for me it seems to weed out a lot of garbage.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PrincessTofu

For real...you are asking for more pop-ups.....

Des

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by PrincessTofu

For real...you are asking for more pop-ups.....

Des

Ugh I hate pop-ups.. would it be more pop-ups? That would suck. Netflix has no pop-ups so I didn't think there would be any. I withdraw my request if it means pop-ups.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Isn't this exactly what favorite forums subscription is for?

top topics

join