It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Google run over a donkey in Botswana?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

Even in the morning....fresh eyed and bushy tailed.....I still find this hilarious....Oh the small things in life......

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I mean.. Yeah, how far out in the middle of nowhere ?? Who ELSE could have done the deed? lol...

Couldn't agree more.......on a side note.. doesn't there need to be a street, to have a street view?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
im on google earth, gotta see if i can find the pic again, was taken last year

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
im on google earth, gotta see if i can find the pic again, was taken last year

THANK YOU!! I was trying to find the exact location so I could look at it!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

look at what?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
He's taking a dirt bath as some of the other posters have highlited. I've spent a lot of time in the countryside when i was younger and donkeys like it so much because they scratch their backs.

Just take a donkey and scratch his back every day with a brush, you won't see him take a dirt bath or even a dirt shower.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
That donkey is just rolling in the dirt, something they do regurlarly. You can tell by the position and his legs.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The pictures are certainly in reverse order.

The donkey is standing too far up on the sand bank and no vehicle tracks leading up to where he was standing.

The donkey was laying down and got up when the vehicle pulled up. Then moved to the side of the road to allow the car to pass.

But you never know with google now a days.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Come on now Google....
Everyone makes mistakes. No need to lie,

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Headline: "Google Streetview crew avoids confrontation with some ass in Botswana"

edit on 15-1-2013 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
If the google car did hit the donkey...it was only going like 3mph. In the pic with the donkey on the ground there is clearly a dust cloud right by the donkey....and yet no dust from the car. The car was probably in drive and just idling down the road to avoid creating a Google Dust Cloud View.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

I think he was celebrating, as he was happy to see someone.

Talk about the right place at the right time!

Go DONKEY!!! Now you are famous!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
i'll give him this much

he's the most famous donkey that's ever been on ATS

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
lmao crazy ass

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hey why google taking my picture?
Im sorry you guys had to see me at my most vulnerable state. Google you perves.
edit on 15-1-2013 by DIRTYDONKEY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Sounds similar to this incident:

"Google has 'fessed up to an accident involving one of its cars and a deer - an incident that was captured by the car's special camera and later included on the Street View feature on Google Maps.

Google removed the images from Street View earlier today after several blogs posted links to the incident on Google Maps but not before the images were captured and republished on the unaffiliated Street View Gallery site."

Doh, a deer: Google's wildlife accident mea culpa

Am I the ONLY one curious as to WTF Google would be doing in Botswana?...

Google Maps > Botswana Landmarks

Chobe National Park

Khama Rhino Sanctuary

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

Stuff happens. I hit a deer once and came close a few time to hitting some more. Just because it was caught on tape does make it any worst or any better. It just happens happens in a technologically developed society.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by retirednature
WOW, yet again some Corporate company makes millions while they destroy the world.

A donkey, what's next?

The Google car was traveling along a dirt road when it came upon a donkey taking a dirt bath. The driver honked, probably, and the donkey got the hell out of the way. If you notice the hoofprints in the clearest picture of the downed donkey, you can see that he laid down in the road on his own. If the Google can had hit the donkey, there would be some kind of slide marks where the donkey hit the ground with some velocity, and some sort of injury to the donkey. But there aren't. Donkeys take dirt baths. So do horses and zebras and many other animals.

yes, so does my cat! matter of fact, i'm about to take her outside to her favorite dirt sauna so she can roll around vigorously for about twenty minutes!

at first i was appalled, but now it makes sense. funny thread though!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

So we have a donkey minding his own business and sees this weird looking car driving down the road, normally he is used to pieced together pick up trucks. But not today sir oh no, today he is in for a treat.
Interested the donkey stares with excitement and intrigue and this new experience approaching.

Love your wording in this. Thanks for the laugh. Poor donkey though if they really did run him over.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
reply to post by Djayed

So we have a donkey minding his own business and sees this weird looking car driving down the road, normally he is used to pieced together pick up trucks. But not today sir oh no, today he is in for a treat.
Interested the donkey stares with excitement and intrigue and this new experience approaching.

Love your wording in this. Thanks for the laugh. Poor donkey though if they really did run him over.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

Thanks! It just felt right with the moment!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join