It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Google run over a donkey in Botswana?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
So the headline is what drew me to this article but when I started to read it and saw the pictures, one I couldn't believe it, two I couldn't stop laughing which I know is wrong...just the pictures are overwhelming evidence of this horrible donkey hit and run.

DID Google run over a donkey in Botswana?

That's certainly what its Google Street view cameras seem to suggest.

The Google Maps image reveals a puff of dust flying up from the injured donkey, suggesting that the image must have captured the donkey as it was falling rather than just lying on the road.

Further evidence - when you zoom past the donkey, you will find it standing by the road, uninjured.

In the photos, the company allege that the Google Street View car approached the donkey which was already lying down, which then gets up and continues walking uninjured.

The problem with this version of events is that - based on the images - it appears as though the donkey is walking backwards.

So we have a donkey minding his own business and sees this weird looking car driving down the road, normally he is used to pieced together pick up trucks. But not today sir oh no, today he is in for a treat.
Interested the donkey stares with excitement and intrigue and this new experience approaching.

Now as the Street view team car passes.....the brutality is seen from the rear view.

Apparently per Google the "victim" was laying down, and the street views pics were shown in reverse

Source
Hopefully we will start to see more of these Google current events as they expand street view into more third world countries.
edit on 1/14/2013 by Djayed because: Fixed title

edit on 1/15/2013 by Djayed because: I am more of a math guy...

edit on 1/15/2013 by Djayed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
My dad hit a deer a few months back, actually. And the donkey does look like he is rolling around in the dust.
edit on 15-1-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Looks like the donkey is taking a dirt bath.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
WOW, yet again some Corporate company makes millions while they destroy the world.

A donkey, what's next?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Oh Okay, I really had been thinking for awhile that I'd seen everything likely to ever really be seen by Google Cam. Leave it to the thread here to bring humility and remind me I've seen but a very small % of true weirdness.

I mean.. Yeah, how far out in the middle of nowhere ?? Who ELSE could have done the deed? lol...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about this. Though, the OPs Headline is the best I've ever seen on any internet forum (or any published newspaper for that matter.)

Jesus wept :/

cheers

edit on 15-1-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by retirednature
WOW, yet again some Corporate company makes millions while they destroy the world.

A donkey, what's next?

The Google car was traveling along a dirt road when it came upon a donkey taking a dirt bath. The driver honked, probably, and the donkey got the hell out of the way. If you notice the hoofprints in the clearest picture of the downed donkey, you can see that he laid down in the road on his own. If the Google can had hit the donkey, there would be some kind of slide marks where the donkey hit the ground with some velocity, and some sort of injury to the donkey. But there aren't. Donkeys take dirt baths. So do horses and zebras and many other animals.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Thanks for the post! Very funny!! I hope the donkey is alright
edit on 15-1-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Both stories work in accordance to the pictures.
edit on 15-1-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
Sorry to hear about this. Though, the OPs Headline is the best I've ever seen on any internet forum (or any published newspaper for that matter.)

Jesus wept :/

cheers

I have an alternate headline:

"Botswana donkey caught by google car attempting insurance fraud"

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Perhaps, out of pure shock and horror, the poor thing simply died of a heart attack on the spot? I mean who wouldn't be shocked to see Google go driving by way out there?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

or another alternative,
"Google car runs over Botswana prostitute"

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Naaahhhh...

It's easy to see what happened, that was the German bloke who threw the donkey at some Botswana Hells Angels after mooning at them and then escaped on a bulldozer... hence the cloud of dust!

Kindest regards

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Knowing the donkey density on the rural roads of South Africa and Botswana and combining that with the average donkey's car avoidance IQ, it would have been more surprising if they DIDN'T run over a donkey during their Southern African journeys.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

Ok I'm going to get flamed but

LOL!

That made me google giggle

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

They drive on the left side of the road in Botswana.
This time Google were telling the truth.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
The donkey looks perfectly fine when it's next to the car...

edit on 15/1/13 by NuclearPaul because: added pic

news.ninemsn.com.au...

edit on 15/1/13 by NuclearPaul because: added link
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djayed
I couldn't stop laughing which I know is wrong...

probably the fact it is wrong is why you were laughing ... youre one of those people ... pfft
i couldnt see the hilarity myself ... not even a twitch ...
i prefer the other type of humour ..
edit on 15-1-2013 by Segenam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Yeah, lol, definitely taking a dirt bath, not a dirt nap

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
what ever the truth, you gave me a right chuckle, and i thank thee

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join