It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attempted gun burglary tied to journal news gun maps

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by HenryNorris
How perfect and convenient.

So what was stolen if the gun was locked up?

How can anyone be sure the map was used? How do we know the person was going for the gun? Was he trying to pick the lock when he was caught?

Sounds like fake news.

They attempted to steal a 70 year old mans gun safe. The theft was somehow thwarted.

One suspect was caught.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The newspaper are real geniuses.

They want to help stop all the murders so they tell 25,000 potential violent criminals where they can find a free weapon to commit there next crime. I guess they thought they'd have more stories to write about if it worked out this way.

They BETTER be held accountable to any crimes caused cause of this, 1 murder and whoever approved, wrote, came up with this goes to jail for life. Any more than 1 and they all go to prison.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

Originally posted by HenryNorris
How perfect and convenient.

So what was stolen if the gun was locked up?

How can anyone be sure the map was used? How do we know the person was going for the gun? Was he trying to pick the lock when he was caught?

Sounds like fake news.

They attempted to steal a 70 year old mans gun safe. The theft was somehow thwarted.

One suspect was caught.

"somehow" thwarted?

I guess when a story fits your agenda it is hard to question it for some. Even if it does sound like blatant fake news. Do you have another link or something?

edit-

Although there is no conclusive evidence at the moment the house was targeted because of the map, Ball wasted no time in blasting The Journal News —again. Yesterday, the State Senator issued at statement that read, Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

Ha! See when you read trash you get trash. Try this link. Not so sensational.
www.digitaljournal.com...
edit on 15-1-2013 by HenryNorris because: (no reason given)

edit- zing!

edit- that reads kinda mean. Just kidding. But I do think its a case of a politician trying to take advantage of a situation. Not that I am defending what the paper did. I think it was stupid. All media is trash I reckon.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The reason for publishing that list is plain and simple.
It was a successful attempt to terrorize, and, demonize, innocent, legal gun owners.
Their motive? To use their media as a bludgeon in order to terrorize local gun owners.

Scrape all the crap away, and, that's what will be left.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The left will just love it when someone breaks into one of these houses listed and is shot and killed by the owner...
They will scream and cry saying, "SEE? THESE OWNERS ARE DANGEROUS!!! BAN GUNS!!!"
Jackwagons, ALL OF THEM

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by solarstorm
I think it's only appropriate to publish the addresses of those bastards associated to Journal News.

Insufferable pricks....

Someone already did:

LINKY

Oh my god, thank you. THANK YOU!

I'm going to be up all night trolling these people mercilessly. My phone battery is probably going to explode from hours upon hours of use.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

be careful that could get you a stalking or harrassment charge thrown at ya

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by Xaphan

be careful that could get you a stalking or harrassment charge thrown at ya

Doubtful that the police would try to pursue somebody in a different country over something small like troll calls.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

I'd still be careful you could have canada's version of the FBI knocking at your door

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
reply to post by AwakeinNM

STOP freaking STOP IT already with the overt political jabs.

I cannot handle this crap anymore. is there nowhere on this site safe from verbal assault?

if you want to talk like that, post in political madness.

Sorry if you can't handle my style, buddy. If you don't want to be "verbally assaulted" as you say, perhaps you shouldn't come into a pro-gun thread and try to shout down my right to call a spade a spade.

By the way, before I called that member a "rabid anti-gun nut", I checked out his profile and prior posts and threads. Turns out he is a rabid anti-gun nut. And before you accuse me of name-calling, I merely used a version of the phrase that gun advocates have been called a million times in the MSM. What's good for the goose, ya know?

You don't like it, find another thread to cry in.

edit on 15-1-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Abuse of the FOI Act. There is a new bill to allow permit holders to opt out of public listing in NYS. We shall see.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryNorris

I posted multiple links in my thread, that I linked.

I said "somehow thwarted" because the elderly homeowner was not home at the time of the burglary, abd of about 6 articles that I have read and/or linked, not one stated hiw the police were alerted. It could have been an alarm, neighbor, passeby, etc.

All it specifies is one suspect is in custody, so that is the information I passed on.

No, I do not think it is fake news. I know the rep had suggested passing the legislation to privatize legal gun registration prior to the burglary.

I think putting the map online was wrong, and I hope if they glean information from the suspect that the map was used in the burglary, the homeowner sues the living hell out of the newspaper responsible.

That was actually the topic of my thread, that I linked.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
STOP freaking STOP IT already with the overt political jabs.

I cannot handle this crap anymore. is there nowhere on this site safe from verbal assault?

You could always look into "Mars One" in the Netherlands.

Apparently they are seeking applicants to help colonize Mars...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Please read this: Ad Hominem Attacks And You

Now consider that your own comments are effectively trolling a thread you started. Breaking Alternative News is not a political forum, and political trolling is not welcome even in political forums.

Since you have chosen to taint this thread with abusive comments, we will discuss the subject in another thread that was started earlier:

White Plains home on handgun permit database burglarized

Do not post insults or personal attacks against other members.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join