It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Find Answers While Still in the Body

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I am creating this thread, partially as a kind of response thread to this one. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I spoke at length with many who read the above thread and we discussed many interesting questions. I think it would be a good idea to share other, and perhaps safer ways of finding answers. These methods are more "down-to-earth" so to speak. I decided to post this thread in the Religion, Faith, and Theology thread instead of the paranormal, since this topic has more to do with faith and belief-methods rather than strictly dealing with spirits. I strongly believe that all adults should have freedom of choice when choosing which ways and methods to use, when trying to reach more spiritual ground.

The problem I see in trying to "leave the body" so to speak, is that when using this somewhat arcane method, you open yourself up to a lot more than positive entities. It takes a certain degree of experience and background-knowledge, before most people are fully able to comprehend what they will actually be dealing with. While leaving your body may be one legitimate way of meeting with spirits which can help you obtain answers or clarification, in all honesty, it is a method which requires most people years of self-training to master. For people who are naturally adept at it, along with their inexperience comes naivety. This can be extremely dangerous and end up causing them to believe mistruths/lies, as well as exposing them to purely negative energies/entities.

One common and reoccurring theme you will find in nearly any "religious" text, whether it be the bible, the Koran, any number of Gnostic writings, or historical transcripts and records, is fasting and prayer. Fasting and prayer; these are two of the oldest actions known to mankind that anyone can do. The first thing I learned from others who taught me was to have pure intent. If you go into a situation with pride, haughtiness, a "the universe owes me" attitude, then you will be in for a harsh awakening. I will list several basic and numbered steps below for preparing yourself to fast and pray. Afterwards I will write more about fasting and prayer as individual actions, and what each does.

1.Go somewhere as quiet as possible. This allows you to contemplate and feel without outside influence or pressure.

2.Think about what it is you desire and why you desire it; an answer to a question, to improve some aspect of your personality/being, to leave an addiction behind, to pray for someone else who needs help, etc.

3.After you have reflected for some moments upon what you desire, make sure your intent is pure and stems from love, goodwill, and an overall desire to reach a more positive state.

4.Say a short prayer to your God, and ask for the strength,clarity and purity of heart to focus and stick to your goal.

5.Begin your fast with a cup of water and a pinch of salt.

6.Begin prayers and meditation.

What does fasting do? In simple terms, fasting gives us 2 things. First it gives us a way to show we are serious, and that we are not seeking an "easy fix". We give up one part of ourselves(fuel for the body) in order to focus more on another part of ourselves.(fuel for the spirit). The second thing it gives us is the eventual ability to relax and somewhat forget the pressures of the physical world around us. The longer you fast, the more that things which really matter become clearer. It takes personal experience to truly and fully understand this.

What does prayer do? Prayer is our way of speaking with spirit and soul to our Father/God. It requires some faith that he and his spirits can hear us, and will respond. When you pray, just be yourself. There is nothing hidden before God, so you don't have to "pretend". If you feel angry, then tell him you're angry and what you're angry about. In this way you will release the anger. If you're sad, speak on it, get everything out. After this you will feel more calm and start to feel the peace come to you. Most people do not pray nonstop. This is naturally human, and our attention spans are usually limited. It is ok to stop and look around. Contemplate and think more, but don't try to reason everything all out in your head. Use your head in combination with your heart and "feel". Pray in your own way and maintain focus on why you are doing it in the first place. In this way you will come back to praying from time to time, and you will gain greater focus.

For many it isn't always possible to totally escape into the wild. For me going into the wilderness works best, because then I am able to totally isolate myself and be at peace in nature. If you cannot go to somewhere totally away from people, it will be more difficult, but if you do your best, you will receive a response. Normally for myself, it takes 2-5 days before I will have clear visions or dreams. For many shamans, they enter a prayerful/meditative state at will. More on this can be discussed in another thread. For you it may be any length of time, but I think that for most it will be 2-7 days depending on how earnest you are.

The main thing to remember is to maintain your pure intent and to do the best you can. Some people use a fruit only or a fruit and grain diet. This may work for some, but for me I don't consider that an actual fast. It is more of a special-diet. It can be very beneficial to health or detoxing, but for myself and for many others, a real fast consists of water only and perhaps a bit of salt from time to time.

This should cover all the basics, and hopefully the information so far written will help someone. If anyone has questions which I feel able to answer, I will do my best to help. If any questions are asked which I feel are out of my realm of knowledge, I will ask others more experienced than myself.

edit on 14-1-2013 by Jameliel because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Thank you for this OP - the world we currently live in seems to require that you constantly stay "plugged in"
It's healthy to step back every now & then and spend some time in introspection.

It's so difficult to get away - I'd love to head out to the wilderness for a week...guess I'll have to make the time.
edit on 14-1-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameliel

Good thread.

Father will speak to all that call upon him with pure intent.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Thank you so much for the thread, you don't see much about stuff like this on here which is a pity.

I myself am very interested in this kinda thing. I've had a few out of body experiences, contacted entities, communicated with my higher self and many other 'strange' things so I'm not at all estranged from this realm. I would love to hear of some of your experiences and I really like where you mentioned seeking confirmation and answers as this is mainly what I have used similar practices for.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide

Thank you so much for the thread, you don't see much about stuff like this on here which is a pity.

I myself am very interested in this kinda thing. I've had a few out of body experiences, contacted entities, communicated with my higher self and many other 'strange' things so I'm not at all estranged from this realm. I would love to hear of some of your experiences and I really like where you mentioned seeking confirmation and answers as this is mainly what I have used similar practices for.

Very glad you could gain something from it. I don't mind discussing experiences, and you can PM me anytime=)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Shamanism. Plain and simple. Our craving to peek behind the veil is hardwired into us. We should be allowed as adults to alter our conciousness as we deem fit. Almost every indiginous culture has a way to enter the spirit realms. Our disconnection from source has led us to our sorry state. But it is only for those that know.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Thank you for this information.

I have a very hard time communicating with the "other side" or God. I always have. I never feel like I'm talking to anyone, no matter the hardship or difficulty I'm going through, or how serious I am about it, I just feel alone. Like there isn't anyone out there listening. That makes it frustrating when someone says "just pray about (x)"

Posts like these, which I most definitely will be trying, are encouraging for a number of reasons. Mainly because the people that post them, you included, seem to be at peace. It's hard to discern things through text however there seems to be a certain peace in your words. It's comforting.

Thank you again.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacktorrance
Thank you for this information.

I have a very hard time communicating with the "other side" or God. I always have. I never feel like I'm talking to anyone, no matter the hardship or difficulty I'm going through, or how serious I am about it, I just feel alone. Like there isn't anyone out there listening. That makes it frustrating when someone says "just pray about (x)"

Posts like these, which I most definitely will be trying, are encouraging for a number of reasons. Mainly because the people that post them, you included, seem to be at peace. It's hard to discern things through text however there seems to be a certain peace in your words. It's comforting.

Thank you again.

I know how you feel when you say you never feel like you're talking to anyone. All my life I have heard people say, "just ask the Lord", "just pray", but it's not always an instant comfort. I found that with some effort and instead of simply saying the words, "please God do this for me", or "please God help this", that peace comes naturally. One thing that holds people back is self-disgust. We often recognize our own wrongs and faults even when we don't admit it. It helps to get these out through prayer, make a decision to improve, and then to forgive ourselves. Something about admitting to the truth and then aligning ourselves to the truth always brings peace.

An example is when someone has a bad temper, and tends to get angry and speak or act angrily to others. Inside this builds up negativity, and even though that person often won't admit it's their own fault, they become more and more turbulent inside and do not feel at peace. Once they are able to step back, look at and criticize them-self objectively, they have admitted the truth.

The current truth for them would be "I am an angry individual who can change to a better me". Once they recognize that truth, they can learn that the current truth can change to a better truth. They can change and turn into a calmer and more positive person. Then the truth turns to "I am a peaceful individual who is always improving". Recognizing and acknowledging the truth always leads to positive change and absolute best truth as long as we learn from it. Perhaps all of this would be better suited to another thread, but I wanted to talk about it a bit here.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

It's nice to know someone else knows how I feel.

Thanks again.

top topics

join