I got punched in the face for asking for my receipt; literally.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I re read the op again and its sinking in that this seems personal. You implied he didn't like disable people or people on welfare, im assuming you are one of the two? As much as I want to sympathize it seems it was a couple of people pushing each others buttons and it blew up in both of your faces. Though I guess I can sympathize with the other customers.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by streetfightingman

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by SpearMint

We all have a right to resist!

No, you don't. If he wants you off his property then you should get off.
edit on 14-1-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

Justify it though. For what? I didn't do anything wrong. I came off as rude, like a lot of people
sometimes who are having a bad day, or have mental health issues - or for whatever reason at all.

The bottom line is that you don't threaten, infringe on the security, safety or rights of
another citizen when he asks you to stop infringing on them. I asked him
prior to his request to refrain from swearing etc.

And he asked you to get out of his store, before things got physical. You didn't, things got physical, he told you to get out and you still didn't.

I still don't understand why I have to leave the store. I wanted to buy something and leave. I just
asked him to stop swearing, and that's when he hit me.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by topherman420
I re read the op again and its sinking in that this seems personal. You implied he didn't like disable people or people on welfare, im assuming you are one of the two? As much as I want to sympathize it seems it was a couple of people pushing each others buttons and it blew up in both of your faces. Though I guess I can sympathize with the other customers.

I don't get it. I was having a difficult time having a conversation, there was probably a misunderstanding,
However; the bottom line is that regardless of any misunderstanding, brutal force was used
to resolve the situation by the other party.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
If we have these types of people in society, who use this type of methodology to resolve situations,
then we will continue to have these sorts of incidents and increased amounts over any
sort of disagreement or statement in any type of store.

The bottom line is we do have individuals in society who have a difficult time communicating
to their full potential at certain times, and they must be accommodated. Whether or not
somebody is angry, they do not have the right to threaten you or make you feel uncomfortable
if you ask them to stop.

I was not making him feel uncomfortable.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

The bake store near my place also doesn't want me in my store. It has openly admitted it is "communist:" affiliated with the Alberta Business Association. I came in there one time on a tirade, non-violently but of course I am very annoying, but a simple "I'm not interested" would suffice. And I did leave. But of course the owner, not only did he disagree with me, he "effectively" banned me from his property for no legal reason.

Why are you such an angry person?

Also, any business has the right to refuse service to anyone, as long as its not for racist reasons.
You're being refused service because of an attitude.
Completely legal.

And "communist"?
Because they're affiliated with Aberta Business Association?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
No offense to good Albertans- but many Albertans come here to Toronto, with that snobby, holier than thou attitude. They don't come back & hate us even more, because we will shove their asses down their own throat.

Maybe he got the impression you were talking down to him. Put yourself in his shoes, for a second. He may get talked down to & made to feel like a lesser human, because he gets spoken down to by these oil workers that make entirely too much money for what they do. You're no better than he, your neighbours are no better than you.

The first respondant was right: you should have simply asked for your receipt. I know nobody wants to hear my editorials (for exampl- you didn't want to read this far).

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by streetfightingman

Well you kept aggravating an already angry bear. Most people in that situation would try to avoid conflict over something (and im assuming) is trivial. A big purchase receipt, something large for a deductible I would work a bit harder to get but over this it's not worth my energy to fight with the belligerent, I also see it kind of wasn't really worth it to you either. Wasted time and energy.

link   
Godwins Law aside lol...

Manual cash registers do give recipts, I think you have to push the enter or cash button a second time to recieve the last transaction's recipt.

By acting that upset about it it sounds like he owns the place an is accepting funds (taxable) without registering them as taxable on his machine,..so if he had to show them in an audit the cash he doesn't claim is ..under the table so to speak.

I believe you should call the BBB in your area and make an in-person request for an assault charge. Oh and I wouldn't go to that store any more lol

link   

reply to post by Advantage

Well a simple "Next time I will give you your receipt." would have sufficed as well.

Not a verbal tirade of violence.
edit on 14-1-2013 by streetfightingman because: (no reason given)

You got treated as you asked for. If you look for drama, youll sure as hell get it. If you treat people like trash, youll get it back. Youre no one who has any right to speak to someone like that. Youre NOT special. He has EVERY right to bar you from his business.. its a private business. Guess you showed him, huh? The Hitler bit was really telling of your mentality. Youre a martyr, arent you? Writing a thread on it and expecting sympathy after you started a ruckus and then didnt like what you got in return is cherry on top. You see, online you can be a dick and just get flamed.. in real life you might lose some teeth if you troll. Was he right for touching you? Nope, but was your being a smart ass worth it? You got hollered at, kicked out, and touched, and didnt get what you wanted. There are easy ways to live life without BS.. I prefer a life without BS. I wonder why you do not recognize how to prevent yourself from being assaulted and kicked out of businesses. Some enjoy drama I guess. If you treat all as human beings and with courtesy, you're odds are great for you being treated with courtesy in return.

Now keep it up and Ill get my wooden spoon...

link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

The bake store near my place also doesn't want me in my store. It has openly admitted it is "communist:" affiliated with the Alberta Business Association. I came in there one time on a tirade, non-violently but of course I am very annoying, but a simple "I'm not interested" would suffice. And I did leave. But of course the owner, not only did he disagree with me, he "effectively" banned me from his property for no legal reason.

Why are you such an angry person?

Also, any business has the right to refuse service to anyone, as long as its not for racist reasons.
You're being refused service because of an attitude.
Completely legal.

And "communist"?
Because they're affiliated with Aberta Business Association?

How is it legal? Tell me. Tell me how it's legal
to kick someone out of your business, because
they asked for a receipt in the future? If I had
swung a punch at him, then it would have been a lot different.

But when the cops arrived, his statement was: I punched him first.

Which isn't true at all. He shoved me first.

I'm angry, because I never get my receipt. And I made a statement of fact, and emotion. And
I didn't use brutal force to convey it, nor did I raise my voice but I was stern and literal like
any Aspie.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

So I said this exactly, and sort of arrogantly: "- You know what, every time I come in here, and it's not just here; other places too, but I never get my receipt. And this is an issue and a legal "thing.", and as a customer I feel that I am entitled to my hard-copy receipt at my point of transaction. And each time I come in here from now on I'm going to start asking for it

It's basically your fault. You were rude for no reason and sounded insulting. Yes, he can tell you to get out, it's his store. Maybe getting punched was a bit over board, but apparently you caught him on a bad day. Learn to be more polite, instead of coming off as an arrogant ass.
ETA:
Wait, Aspie? Now you're gonna use that as an excuse? And no, not like "any Aspie", my son has Aspergers and doesn't act anything like that. He's a polite, well spoken young man, who would never treat a store owner or server like an inferior.
edit on 14-1-2013 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Ummm... Let's keep things in perspective. Brutal Force is what happens when a street punk beats a 90 something old lady for her rent check or social security. Brutal Force is what happened when someone was recently shoved onto the track of an inbound subway train because someone else thought he was 'either Hindu or Muslim' and didn't even care which.

You apparently got braced the first time and he popped ya one on the follow up. Well, it's a rough world out there and I tend to choose my battles carefully for precisely this reason. Who knows? He could be the next Jeffery Dahmer who just hasn't been caught yet ...and you almost tripped his trigger. It's just me and the times..I know...but I naturally assume THIS is where a confrontation IS going unless someone backs down fairly quick.

Then again, I've never made a receipt into a confrontation. Just tell the people it's for taxes. Even annoyed clerks have turned to a knowing look of annoyance at 'them' which makes us all collect such stupid things. It does wonders I've found. (even if I am asking for it just to put them through the trouble, in reality... lol)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

reply to post by thePharaoh

What bluff? Of course I had pent up anger, but I didn't come off as angry. I came off as rude.

He doesn't have the right to ask me to leave his store, for not doing anything against
corporate policy or against the law.

The bake store near my place also doesn't want me in my store. It has openly admitted it is
"communist:" affiliated with the Alberta Business Association. I came in there
one time on a tirade, non-violently but of course I am very annoying, but a simple "I'm not interested"
would suffice.

And I did leave. But of course the owner, not only did he disagree with me, he "effectively" banned me from his property for no legal reason.

This is unbelievable.
edit on 14-1-2013 by streetfightingman because: (no reason given)

Nor do you have a right to be a jerkoff to someone over something they could not possibly have known upset you so much. You made the guy a victim. As previous posters have said, if you know all you have to do is ask for a receipt, then ask for the receipt. No reason to be a total asshat about it.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Perhaps a " Sir, may I have a receipt?" would have worked out for you better rather than the diatribe about legality and etc.

Perhaps, but there is no valid reason for anyone to start punching someone else without provocation. Being a dick is not provocation enough for that kind of response.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Thank you. I know I'm a dick, but I don't mean to be a dick because I don't say
anything that's rude or offensive, merely my tone of voice is very dry and blatant.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

This is when he ran around the side of the counter, grabbed me by the collar of my coat, and literally tried
to drag me out of his store forcefully. I tried with all of my might to hang on to whatever I could as he
hurled a deuce set of punches to my face and my back, until
eventually I stared him in the face after he walked away to get his phone to call the cops, and began punching him as he tried to defend himself in the side of the head.

this part of you story doesnt make sense.

would you please clairify what happened at this point.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mademyself1984

That's what I did. I should have left the store, but I involved another customer because
I frequently use his store and I was hoping another customer who seemed
to be browsing in the cookies section for quite some time could have
assisted me in my rational argument against his promulgation of aggressive
behavior. I want to come back, and spend money.

I want him to stop swearing at me. I don't want to leave his store, because I know
his mom and dad. And they like me, and they know that I'm a smart guy and that
I would never hurt their son or intend any harm to him

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by Advantage
Perhaps a " Sir, may I have a receipt?" would have worked out for you better rather than the diatribe about legality and etc.

Perhaps, but there is no valid reason for anyone to start punching someone else without provocation. Being a dick is not provocation enough for that kind of response.

Nope.. no valid reason whatsoever.. BUT.. he could prevent being punched and kicked out of businesses. His behavior was wrong. If he wants to prevent it in the future, he will recognize it now. My oldest is an aspie.. id say the same to her. They may not understand social situations, but they can recognize social interaction protocols and prevent being smacked by the less civilized. The world is not a fluffy pillow... the sooner he learns that, the less drama he will have. The other persons outrageous behavior is not my concern. Preventing the OP from having his head removed from his shoulders in the future is.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I refused to leave his store, and that I wanted to buy my Sunny D after he had already
pushed me after I asked him to refrain from swearing, so during the point of inertia while
I am still requesting to buy my food and leave, he comes around the side of the counter.

When he reaches me we begin to fight until I end the fight by hurling some punches at him after
he repeatedly attempts to drag me out of the store.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by shefskitchen
No offense to good Albertans- but many Albertans come here to Toronto, with that snobby, holier than thou attitude. They don't come back & hate us even more, because we will shove their asses down their own throat.

Maybe he got the impression you were talking down to him. Put yourself in his shoes, for a second. He may get talked down to & made to feel like a lesser human, because he gets spoken down to by these oil workers that make entirely too much money for what they do. You're no better than he, your neighbours are no better than you.

The first respondant was right: you should have simply asked for your receipt. I know nobody wants to hear my editorials (for exampl- you didn't want to read this far).

Whoa there... I should interject with a thing about Torontononians coming to Alberta... But meh. Toronto's nice. Hi Toronto. Come over to Alberta. It's a beauty.

Back on topic: There's no reason to come off as rude. No excuse. No solutions will be had from it. There are only two types of people you will encounter: those who will put up with it for a little while, and those who have put up with enough, already.

The ones that put up with it for a little while are the ones that will snap.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join