It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indians 'broke Australian isolation 4,000 years ago'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Indians 'broke Australian isolation 4,000 years ago'

www.google.com...

People from the Indian sub-continent migrated to Australia and mixed with Aborigines 4,000 years ago, bringing the dingo dog with them, according to a study.

The continent was thought to have been isolated from other populations until Europeans landed at the end of the 1700s.

But researchers at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany, reported "evidence of substantial gene flow between Indian populations and Australia about 4,000 years ago".
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 14-1-2013 by daaskapital because: link

edit on 14-1-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

They analysed genetic variation from across the genome from Australian Aborigines, New Guineans, Southeast Asians, and Indians.

"Long before Europeans settled in Australia humans had migrated from the Indian subcontinent to Australia and mixed with Australian Aborigines," the study said.

"Interestingly," said researcher Irina Pugach, "this date also coincides with many changes in the archaeological record of Australia, which include a sudden change in plant processing and stone tool technologies... and the first appearance of the dingo in the fossil record.

"Since we detect inflow of genes from India into Australia at around the same time, it is likely that these changes were related to this migration," she said.

Now is this cool or what? Everyone likes to keep quiet about other cultures and their involvement with Ancient Australia. There is evidence out there suggesting that Australia has been visited at one point or another by Ancient Egyptians, Phoenicians and a bunch of other ancient civilisations. It is cool that this German study has announced this, because i guarantee that an Australian study wouldn't have.

www.google.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 14-1-2013 by daaskapital because: link

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Here on ATS I have pointed this out various times.

Google this:

Compare Indus Valley Script with RongoRongo.

Rongorongo is the mysterious unknown writing found in Easter Island.
Indus script and Rongorongo are virtually identical.

Read this post and check my links in both posts.
info you want ats thread

There is direct ocean connection from Indus to Australia/ Polynesia, Easter Island, and with Lake Titicaca / Teohuinaco.

Forgive any spelling errors.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Here is a direct link to the chart

Rongorongo of Easter Island vs Indus Valley Script.

Look and decide for yourselves.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Thanks mate, will definitely read up on it all!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
It's is a mystery, a very good one. If one subscribes to the theory of the two land masses being together at some point you would have to go millions of years back and perhaps something like this can give one certain ideas.

More likely imo, which by no means is an expert one, if we're only looking at 4000 ago then it would have to be a migration from present day India's position and down through what is now Burma,Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and Papua New Guinea. Which is by no means an easy feat, and for those new arrivals on Australia's shore to then go from the very north to the very south and again across the sea to Tazmania is mind boggling, but then, 4000 years is a considerable length of time.

The Australian Aboriginals and in particular Indians of the Northern Punjab areas certainly share a an ancestor just by looking at their features.

edit on 14/1/13 by Ramcheck because: typo

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
1st question. What has sub-continent India got to do with this. When there was a land bridge the people came from New Guinea and the dingo breed is know to be directly related to a dog breed that still exists in PNG. I'd say the author is playing with words if the people who migrated are not run-of-the-mill Indians from Indonesia.

Australia has had 100's of waves of migration. Sub continent India is more prominent recently, but if you look to who have historically been coming since records were taken, Afghans, Islanders, Chinese and Indonesian have been getting here right from the get go.

India itself isn't relevant though there are people in India who resemble aboriginals.

Some say there was a mass migration from Australia to India.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
My understanding is that early settlers counted 7 separate racial groups in Australia. There was pigmy's too.

I can't understand why the Chinese or the Islanders didn't overrun the place. Indonesians have been exchanging goods and mixing with the locals on the Nth Coast.

Nowadays we have to speak of aboriginals as if they only ever exhibited right-sounding behavior. This is unfortunate. I think there was some crazy stuff happening.

I thought about this a few days ago coincidentally. I decided that the Indians laid waste to the population. They never reached Tasmania, who remained primitive. I can only imagine that the migration was mixed.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
At the very least it explains our shared love of cricket

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

Whilst that is undoubtedly true, Pangea existed long before any version of humans were around. In fact, when Pangea existed, future humans weren't even swinging from the trees............

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

map is kind of intriguing but there were allegedly
the vimana flying machines during that period.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This makes perfect sense. I used to work with an Indian fellow whose facial characteristics and accent reminded me of an aboriginal. I wonder whether there are any aboriginal words or languages that are derived from Indian ones?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Whilst that is undoubtedly true, Pangea existed long before any version of humans were around. In fact, when Pangea existed, future humans weren't even swinging from the trees............

I know what you're saying is true, but I've been to the part of India which is meant to have been connected to Australia and you definitely feel like it's the same geology etc. There is something to this.

No one knows much about Australia's geological past.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Tongue in cheek, via restrictions of truth laws.
Indians control the Taxi and security Industry in several parts of Australia.
They employ almost exclusively Indians in the 7/11 franchise.
Sort of cool.
Go the indians, all you loser unemployed Aussies, well ?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionsWitness

I've met a lot of Indians who think Australia is easy pickings like that. They feel like they can control the country the way they control lower castes - with sheer belligerence.

top topics

join