It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter phishing scam....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I don't use Twitter but I haven an account and have used it slightly in the past to stalk or follow the shuttle launches
so I still get the emails in my inbox. I got one today from an ATS member I follow and I knew based on who it was it wasn't real. However many people would fall for it so I thought I'd at least let those who use Twitter know about it if you didn't already.

This is what it usually says.

Hey this person (link tracking not allowed)/XXXxxx is spreading nasty rumors about you.

When I saw this and who it was from I laughed because I knew it was a scam.

I did do a search and if it's been posted well sorry. I just wanted those who didn't already know about it to know. I knew it had to be fake because I knew the topic would make so many want to see who said what, ESP on social networking sites. It seems to be the one thing people get upset over most, what is said to each other on social networking sites. I however don't fall for this stuff quite to easily. Probably cause i read too much ATS

Do not enter any of your information when it prompts. So many fall for that too when that is a pure sign of a scam! It looks like the site but it isn't so as soon as you input your password you are screwed. I learned the hard way 10yrs ago, it sucked. I was one of those who clicked any link and believed what it said, well not so much anymore.

Here is a link to the scam. Twitter Phishing Scam...... I know a lot of these go around all the social networking sites. I see a lot in my FB feed. I never click them and when I alert my friends it's a scam they usually get all pissy at me. They should be thanking me for pointing out their gullibility! Anyone with a FB knows those "friends" I'm talking about.

Anyway. If you use Twitter just be careful as with any social site online.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I got one of those today.

Excellent advice for all

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This is quite an old scam, it's at least 18 months old since I first saw it. You're right though - a lot of people will fall for it out of curiosity.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
wow good thing I shut down my FB and I don't do TWEETER

new topics

top topics

join