It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Law Would Require Finger Printing For Any New Gun Purchase

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Drop bullcrap info to "sources" so people get all ryled up about a full ban in the media and social networking, and then only ban one type of Rifle and request finger prints done.

PUSH for the goal line, but are happy with 75 yards. Classic move from TPTB.

(Sorry for being a Canadian and getting into your Gun bees-wax)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Drop bullcrap info to "sources" so people get all ryled up about a full ban in the media and social networking, and then only ban one type of Rifle and request finger prints done.

This is very typical of the government to do this type of thing. Some here figured that they would go this route, but I still think this isn't over yet.

Regardless if your Canadian or not we don't mind constructive criticism and debate, it's the morons that just come on here to troll and demand we surrender our second amendment right all together that burns us and gets us all riled up.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Ugh... double post...
edit on 1/14/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This is not a big deal, in my state of Ga that is very pro gun in order to have a right to carry a concealed weapon license you get fingerprinted anyway.

So what is the big problem.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Fingerprinting is fair.
Hope this is as far as it goes.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

LOL

So you dont mind non Americans having an opinion on the subject as long as it agrees with yours.
Not everyone with a different view is a troll

Back to the OP

I dont understand what the issue with this is?
I repeatedly hear on this forum how most gun owners are responsible law abiding citizens, how would this affect them in anyway?
edit on 14/1/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

This is more of a state law that federal so it is up to the states to do what they feel is right no the federal government.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I just do not see how fingerprinting will prevent lunatics from attacking people.

Am I missing something here??? It just doesn’t seem to help the problem.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

This is very typical of the government to do this type of thing. Some here figured that they would go this route, but I still think this isn't over yet.

Regardless if your Canadian or not we don't mind constructive criticism and debate, it's the morons that just come on here to troll and demand we surrender our second amendment right all together that burns us and gets us all riled up.

LOL

So it's ok if a Canadian has an opinion as long as they see things your way?

I guess that is what ticks off some Canadians since you already have your mind made up, you have your guns and your not willing to entertain a debate over the future of that right and what place it has in a peaceful world.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Fingerprinting is what you do to CRIMINALS.

Law abiding gun owners are not criminals.

Shall not be infringed - Why is this phrase so hard to understand?
edit on 14-1-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by SpaDe_

LOL

So you dont mind non Americans having an opinion on the subject as long as it agrees with yours.
Not everyone with a different view is a troll

Back to the OP

I dont understand what the issue with this is?
I repeatedly hear on this forum how most gun owners are responsible law abiding citizens, how would this affect them in anyway?

I'm sorry but which dictionary do you look at that says criticism means agreeing? I don't mind criticism when it is constructive. Saying things like "you people are idiots and shouldn't even be allowed to have guns" is not constructive criticism it is trolling plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Every weapon should have a finger print and ID attached to it. Every weapon should be accounted for and every owner should be held criminally responsible for its actions.

You lose a gun and didn't notice... to bad. we will talk about it in 5 years during your parole hearing (or probation here in Canada:roll

Guns are NOT pokey man cards. Its a serious deal when they get in the hands of the wrong people and the laws should reflect accordingly.
edit on 14-1-2013 by FirstCasualty because: I accidently said guns were pokey man cards... forgot the NOT.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Just wait until they get guns that you will have to prick your finger, touch a drop of blood to the top, and then as you pull the trigger it pricks you again. Only firing if the two match and also sending your DNA out with the bullet to be checked against a DNA database of everyone who has purchased a gun.

If I can think of it, someone else is working on it.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
As usual the criminals will have a field day on this one as they do not abide by any laws.

Hurray.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FirstCasualty
Every weapon should have a finger print and ID attached to it. Every weapon should be accounted for and every owner should be held criminally responsible for its actions.

You lose a gun and didn't notice... to bad. we will talk about it in 5 years during your parole hearing (or probation here in Canada:roll

Guns are pokey man cards. Its a serious deal when they get in the hands of the wrong people and the laws should reflect accordingly.

Again more ignorance. The laws are already written that you have 24 hours from the time you notice a firearm is stolen to report it. The answer isn't more laws it is the need to enforce existing laws.
edit on 1/14/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Sure, James Bond's Q is working on it....and it will be very expensive technology.

That would make it impossible for the average Joe to afford.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Since i mentioned that it needs to be taken serious and dealt with criminally.... I'm being ignorant?

Everything is Ignorance with you!!!

Anything you didn't say is ignorant. You throw that word around like it means nothing and you never back up your point.

What is your point?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Just wait until they get guns that you will have to prick your finger, touch a drop of blood to the top, and then as you pull the trigger it pricks you again. Only firing if the two match and also sending your DNA out with the bullet to be checked against a DNA database of everyone who has purchased a gun.

If I can think of it, someone else is working on it.

Excellent idea!

If no gun was allowed in circulation without these measures it would bring gun crime to a halt.

There would be a transition period unfortunately that would see illegal guns still on the street for a period of time, but if the gun discharge was deemed legal and in self defense or in combat against an illegal weapon then the citizens can keep their safety around their waste.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The more you tell people not to do something, the more ways they'll find to get them things done. That's the way of the streets and that will never change. How will they stop the black market? The same way they do with drugs?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FirstCasualty

No it would not, sadly the under ground gun traffic will make it more profitable to import foreign arms from across the border than exporting American ones without any DNA transfer devices.

Think people think, criminals do not have to abide by any laws.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join