It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deleted tweet from @NYGovCuomo that announces "agreement" on gun control

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

You actually got a star for that reply? Jesus H Christ?

Here, if it means that much to you, I'm gonna give you one too.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Your attitude is appalling. If you were talking to some criminal and he just had some new law that stops him from committing crimes comes in, I could maybe cut you some slack for being so rude.. but for all you know, you are talking to a law abiding person who has to deal, not only with new laws treating him like a criminal, but also the fact that they won't actually do anything to prevent things like mass shootings. Regardless of your stance on guns, that is a pretty awful place to be and you should demonstrate more empathy.
edit on 14-1-2013 by Rineocerous because: grammar

edit on 14-1-2013 by Rineocerous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by SpaDe_

Mate, mine already does and has.

But then again I don't live in a gun dependant country.

This is not a thread to have a petty argument with me please, this is my view and I'm entitled to it.

Or are you trying to control what I do and say.......How ironic?

mate, you and your friends have given your opinion in every single thread about guns. i'm sure everyone here knows what your views are if your in the aus or uk

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Rineocerous

That's a completely pathetic reply also.

You accuse me of being apathetic to someone who owns guns? You want me to feel sorry that he has to comply with new laws? By owning dealy weapons, you want me to somehow think that he has it hard because the government want to clamp down on masses of deadly weapons amongst your communities?

Give me a break.

edit on 14-1-2013 by CaptainBeno because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by oniraug

that's right, I'm entitled to as well. Don't like it, leave?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

That's a completely pathetic reply also.

You want me to be apathetic to someone who owns guns? You want me to feel sorry that he has to comply with new laws? By owning dealy weapons, you want me to somehow think that he has it hard because the government want to clamp down on masses of deadly weapons amongst your communities?

Give me a break.

I'm sorry.. there is something wrong with owning guns? There are people who work and live in areas with dangerous wildlife but they are somehow bad for owning a gun? Some people live in communities that rely on hunting for sustenance but they are somehow bad for owning a gun? Police, Soldiers.. instantly bad people?

I'm getting the impression that you really don't understand the implications of this. Registering gun owners has had some very bad effects throughout history. I don't want you to feel bad for him for having to comply with new laws.. I expect you to have empathy because no one "wins" here. He jumps through more hoops for no reason and more kids die because these laws do nothing to curb mass shooting by lunatics or violent gun crimes by criminals.

Why are you so happy? You just enjoy anyone who owns a gun being put through inconvenience? That is a very strange way to be.

Oh and I don't own guns, don't like guns, and don't live in the USA.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
He thinks New York will be a test of bravery for us.
But NO,if yankees want to give up their weapons,I say we let them.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I understand you are trying to make a case here. Sure, your reply has some merit. Laws are always a pain in the arse. Usualy, laws a put into practice because something good come from it or it tries to prevent something bad from happening.

The American government is trying. USA has a gun crazy culture, you can see that by the figures I have posted on other forums. It's a crazy culture because out of 311 million people in America 275 million of them have gun licences and christ knows how many guns stashed away.

Now, it doesnt matter in my eyes whether you are a law abiding citizen who loves kittens and walks on the beach or a thug, guns have no place "on the street" or "In homes".

Your argumnet is invalid when it comes to Police and Military. They have been trained inthe use of firearms and are "usually" comtrolled by higher ranks when to discharge them and how. These people are not an army and you are not a police force although, some think they are. A law unto themselves.

Why do these peoples lives revolve around guns so bloody much?

Hunting? Wild amimals? Come on, you and I both know you are talking complete S*t.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Good to see this, About time.

And which liberty will you cheer next that's taken away?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Have you by chance ever read the statements by the forefathers as to why they gave us the 2nd amendment?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

No, because the forefathers never owned a AR-15, so never really been bothered.

Here you might like to refresh your way of thinking:

en.wikipedia.org...

Now take into account it's not 1791 anymore and it's 2013.
edit on 14-1-2013 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
eh im not to worried yet as hell even if they were to ban them all and make them illegal like prohibition did for booze we all know how that one turned out dont we?if they cant stop people from making booze what makes people think they can get a hold of all the guns? and even if they do all it will do is give rise to criminal underground selling black market or home made untraceable weapons like the IRA did during the troubles thus compounding their problems.

and hey we all know how the war on drugs has been in this and many other countries around the world..... a complete and dismal failure.prohibition wont work and if people really want to keep guns out of kids hands we wont make them illegal as we all know how fondly teens are of illegal things...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Not all Americans will roll over and soil themselves as your countrymen have. You are not getting an answer for two reasons, first and foremost because I truly do not care enough for you to attempt to break through the wall of ignorance you've built up to justify the hoplophobia you feel.

Secondly, because I'm smart enough to not go blabbing about my plans on the internet to someone which should not be concerned by this matter. Your opinion on this matter means absolutely squat and is worth what we all paid for it as you have no voting rights in the United States of America.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

Good on ya champ

I have to vote for nothing? All I have to do is sit back, smile and watch you bitch to anyone who will listen

Think of me when you "put up the fight"
The law will come knocking. You will lose.

Good luck
edit on 14-1-2013 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The real kicker might be, that Obama might use this usnews.nbcnews.com... from the link

for a tougher assault weapons ban and restrictions on ammunition and the sale of guns, as well as a mandatory police registry of assault weapons, grandfathering in assault weapons already in private hands.
and

assault weapons are defined by having two "military rifle" features spelled out in the law. The proposal would reduce that to one feature and include the popular pistol grip.
as well as

Private sales of assault weapons to someone other than an immediate family would be subject to a background check through a dealer. Also Internet sales of assault weapons would be banned, and failing to safely store a weapon could be subject to a misdemeanor charge.

Ammunition magazines would be restricted to seven bullets, from the current 10, and current owners of higher-capacity magazines would have a year to sell them out of state. An owner caught at home with eight or more bullets in a magazine could face a misdemeanor charge.
now if that is not a gun grab then what is???

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I am not talking ****, as you put it. Living in Canada there is a great tradition of hunting. Many indigenous communities rely on hunting literally to survive. I personally know two people who had to shoot wildlife to protect themselves and I'm a city boy. I imagine if I had grown up rural I'd have known a few more.

I get it.. the USA is "gun crazy" and they have insane gun crime stats to prove it. I don't deny that there is a problem and I actually don't want the issue to just go away.. I want solutions. What is being proposed here is not a solution. The percentage of gun crimes committed by legal gun owners with legal guns that don't end in apprehension or suicide is quite literally one of the smallest pieces of the pie. You count that as a win but that just shows how little you know about the issue. As popular as it may be to say so, these politicians aren't stupid. If registration is the main priority you can bet that is just setting up confiscation. You live in a world where you don't need to look at the bigger pictures so that sounds just fine to you.. but from a civil liberties, constitutional, and legal precedent perspective this is a big bad raw deal for Americans.

After the 2nd falls you can count on it being easier to do away with the first. There is already an avenue to deprive American citizens of due process.. the bigger picture is clear as a bell and the land of the free is quickly becoming a sick joke. It's lazy enough to surrender rights to attain security.. but when you surrender rights with no additional safety there is something very wrong with this picture.

You can still be anti-gun and see the problem here.. the fact that you don't shows how shallow your understanding is on the issues at hand.

Just you wait and see what's next.. and all the folks suffering from blind faith and tunnel vision will be kicking themselves.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Rineocerous because: s becomes n

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Public Service Announcement

Amazingly enough, the topic of this thread has absolutely zero to do with other ATS members. Play the ball and not each other.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Why do these peoples lives revolve around guns so bloody much?

That is the real issue. The sad truth is that our country is now full of people who have nothing to feel good about in life so they cling to guns to make them feel important.

I don't think it's an accident that as America has been dumbed-down, bankrupted and disconnected from society we now have all these people who feel that there lives have no value without weapons.

It's really sad

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
F##k you Cuomo, I'm moving out if this s###y state and you aren't getting any more taxes from me.
edit on 15-1-2013 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

My uncle died and they are still settling the estate, he owned guns that have been in the family since the civil war, now this f##k Cuomo is saying they can't be transferred? Me thinks the guns are going to missing unexplainably, i just have this hunch
edit on 15-1-2013 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join