It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deleted tweet from @NYGovCuomo that announces "agreement" on gun control

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
this is just breaking so i have no info yet

If this is true Im really curious to see what the agreement was..
twitter.com...
www.onenewspage.com...@NYGovCuomo-that-announces-agreement-on.htm

edit on 14-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2013 by goou111 because: spellimg

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Action on gun control in the @NYSenate expected shortly - @JohnDeFrancisco estimated Rules Committee would meet in 10 min

www.onenewspage.co.uk...@NYSenate-expected.htm

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
So it starts with New York. Wonder what the "agreement" is exactly? Feel sorry for all the gun owners in New York if he is going as far as I think he is. Get ready for everything that isn't a musket to be illegal.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Good to see this, About time.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'd guess this will be into court a minute or so after the Governor signs a completed form of it. Then off to the Supremes on as expedited a path as those pushing can get it there.

If the Super Court holds this to be proper under Heller, the nation can do the same..at least. None of this ENDS with the goofballs signing it for the cameras. This all ends with the 9 Robed ones and I think everyone in power knows that. The question is....will it get there quickly enough for a couple to not be replaced in the interim? This court? Heller? I doubt these extreme ones live. Change a couple names though ..... and they could go much further.

Then the 2nd's other meaning really is the only path left. The Courts are the last line....as designed.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
Good to see this, About time.

I can't wait for your government to start coming after your freedoms so that I can get behind them in any way that I can to help further their agenda. I get sick of seeing people that are not from this country getting excited to see our rights infringed upon.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Mate, mine already does and has.

But then again I don't live in a gun dependant country.

This is not a thread to have a petty argument with me please, this is my view and I'm entitled to it.

Or are you trying to control what I do and say.......How ironic?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
newyork.cbslocal.com...

The New York State Legislature was poised Monday night to pass the first gun control measure following the Newtown school massacre. This as the vice president was set to unveil federal proposals to end gun violence on Tuesday. Albany lawmakers have reportedly ironed out the kinks, allowing them to enact new gun control measures in the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary School mass shooting. Assuming the new bill passes — it was sent to both house of the Legislature on Monday night — it will turn into the toughest set of gun control laws in the country.

and the main provisions of the bill

Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver told CBS 2’s Kramer. “We are going to ban assault weapons. We are going to eliminate all of the loopholes that existed previously,” Silver added. The new state legislation will: * Limit ammunition clips to seven. It’s now 10 * Force gun owners to renew their licenses every five years * Stiffen penalties for using a gun in the commission of a crime * Stiffen penalties for bringing a gun on school property * New restrictions on the assault weapons already owned by New Yorkers “They will be basically not permitted to be transferred. They will be grandfathered in but not in terms of a transfer. There will be a registry,” Silver said. “It’s not about people who use a shotgun to hunt. It’s about high-capacity magazines, and that’s what the bill addresses,” Gov. Cuomo said.
so from what i gather its a confiscation in sheep's clothing as even though weapons are grandfathered they will not be transferable meaning that when you die the government not your family gets them.

And as with a 7 round limit that pretty much eliminates about 80% of the fire arms i can think of off the top of my head with the exception of some revolvers,also i didnt see any exemptions for .22's so if you include them in the 7 round limit that gets most of them too.

i dont really have an opinion on the lisenceing part as ive never lived in a state that required u to have one so i dont know anything about them.

and it also establishes a registry of gun owners,which after the posting of permit holders addresses and what not is a huge red flag as far as most gun owners go

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

reply to post by SpaDe_

This is not a thread to have a petty argument with me please, this is my view and I'm entitled to it.

So since your country has infringed upon your rights you feel that everyone else should have their rights infringed upon? Real nice! And by the way my countries second amendment right isn't something petty.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Cuomo issued a "message of necessity'' that suspends the three days of public review that bills are supposed to have under the state constitution.

Interesting. Couldn't wait the three days and abide by the constitution. Afraid of a little "public" review? Hmmm. It is the "public" they serve right?

www.ny1.com...

edit on 14-1-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

reply to post by SpaDe_

So since your country has infringed upon your rights you feel that everyone else should have their rights infringed upon? Real nice! And by the way my countries second amendment right isn't something petty.

Some of us just, perhaps, see it as hypocritical how a persons rights only mean something when it directly affects those people. Where if it does not, then they are ok with tyranny.

When it's any other mob of people who you don't have any care for, you are happy to let rights be eroded and people be victimised.

Yeah, well that's how I see it anyway. And I know my 'rights' in no way put anyone else in danger, yet many would consider me a criminal should I engage in them.

Either way, I believe stupid laws that make criminals out of otherwise law abiding citizens are abhorrent.

I do believe in knowing where danger is in society. Instead of picking the flies off the dead horse, people should be looking at how to horse died.

Can't do that while hysterics rules.

edit on 14-1-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

The bill was expected to include several items outlined by Cuomo during last week's State Of The State address. Among them is a comprehensive ban on assault weapons, including those manufactured before 1994,
from your link this seems to say that the gun has to be from before 1994 to be grandfathered.....what does that mean for all the weapons purchased since them whats gonna happen to those weapons....and again like you posted its shady hes trying to push it through so quickly so that people cant even read it people need to watch this closely

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Sorry mate, bla bla bla bla.

You know better than that. You would be the first to bleet should you need the cops or the government for something. Hey, if it were bad enough, you might even want a law change?

What we a talking about here is guns.

The right to defend yourself is cool, the right to take someones life with a big arse gun is not only bloody stupid, it's damn right over the top. Shooting happen every day in your country because of "yes that's right" guns! They dont happen in my country because "yes that's right" NO guns!!

Sure you can defend yourselves, just not with a gun..............

Well, a musket perhaps?

That should do it, a musket. See the silly little beat my chest rules you keep wittering about were made when Muskets were about, so perhaps a musket is a good idea.

Oh, good luck by the way, you will see from my previous posts about this subject I hate guns and anyone who starts crying about them.

But, I'm loving this.

Cry away mate. Your time has come.

Get real.

"Oh no, is that a musket"? I better start walking away now!
edit on 14-1-2013 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Ignore that tard he is trolling , They will never take the guns , every gun store is sold out and there is close to no ammo . Right now I would say America is armed to the teeth . Well at least the smart ones !

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by letseeit7

Good on ya mate, it's about time you learnt some rules T&C's to be exact.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by letseeit7

Right now I would say America is armed to the teeth . Well at least the smart ones !

And that's what you are is it?

If only you opened your eyes.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

And you should read the T&C regarding one line posts.

Back on topic..

What the deal was with the 1994 issue was that he was including a ban on ones manufactured previous to 1994. Since relinquishment of privately owned property is a major sticking point, weapons manufactured before then were grandfathered in and legal to own. Just no new ones could be manufactured.

When the AWB sunsetted in 2004, many states did not give up their control. What he's saying now is that even those previously grandfathered weapons would be banned.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

So, when this proposed law comes into actual Law, I interested to know what you are going to do? Could you please tell me, or other Americans on this forum, what you will do? Are you going to hide your weapons? Stockpile them, become a vigilante? Change your whole life to keep your guns? Put your family on lockdown just in case "they" knock on the door?

I'm honestly really interested to hear your response?

Come on, tell me what your gonna do?

This is the part I'm just going to love.
edit on 14-1-2013 by CaptainBeno because: correction

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

It's interesting to see you salivate so much over something that absolutely does not concern you in the least.

I will not say exactly what I will do because that decision requires information I do not have presently. I am a law abiding citizen. Whether that remains so, only God knows.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

Bingo! There is the answer folks.........Nothing!!

You will role over with the rest of the loud mouth gun owners on this site.

Sure words come cheap, but action, nah, it's not worth the bother really is it? You know what will happen if you do don't you, but then again, Hey, that's someting I should mind my own business about....isn't it.

Why don't you contribute to something a little more worthwhile rather than harp on that the Government is gonna take your deadly weapons away...boo hoo.

Good luck mate,

Capt

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join