It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who discovered noah's ark? Ron Wyatt or Ed Davis/George Hagopian?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Because there is no actual evidence that billions of tons of water were ever suddenly released onto the surface of the earth either from below,or the idea of the canopy of water coming down from above just isn't possible especially when life on the rest of the planet seems to have been oblivious to the fact that they should all have drowned under a catastrophic deluge of water.Local flooding and tsunamis maybe,a global flood definitely not.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by Observationalist

Interesting theory but it still doesn't explain why there is no evidence in the geological strata of this ever happening. And that therefore makes me highly suspicious. The level of force and energy required would leave visible scarring on the Earth's rock strata, no 2 ways about it - and it isn't there.

I keep saying it (in various threads) but the reason for multiple flood myths in multiple locations around the globe is simply that sea levels have risen at differing times in differing regions, as evidenced by various things - the most difficult to argue with being ancient submerged shorelines which can be successfully dated. There is all sorts of on going research into this field, much undertaken by institutions such as Woods Hole who specifically concentrate on the oceans for any and all of their research - it is their bread and butter.

In short, i am not saying Noah's Ark is fictional or that it never existed. What i am saying though, categorically, is that currently there is no credible evidence anywhere that it has been discovered. And what's more, current scientific understanding shows that there would be little to nothing left of it if it is ever actually discovered - which would make verification next to impossible for any subsequent finds. Unless it is in a bog or submerged under an ancient shoreline or river bed........

Yeah if only there was some sort of visible scarring that we could- Oh wait...there IS that one gigantic, never-ending scar that runs along the ocean floor, covering the whole planet like a baseball seam minus the stitches. Only the largest feature of our planet other than the planet itself... But that's probably nothing.

That is a Mid-Ocean Ridge and is evidence of plate tectonics - nothing more and nothing less. It is basic geology. That has absolutely nothing to do with global floods. It is so far wide of the mark, i don't even know where to begin.

I suggest you start with basic geology and work from there.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Interesting theory but it still doesn't explain why there is no evidence in the geological strata of this ever happening. And that therefore makes me highly suspicious.

There is PLENTY of evidence.

Just because you don't see it on the "Mainstream Mindcontrol" channel doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

The VAST majority of what we have been told is LIE.

You MUST learn to think in the opposite direction of propaganda.

You really NEED to see the stealth agenda behind science, history, media, etc.

Without that, you are never going to see the REAL history behind the facade.

Where is it then? It is all very well saying there is plenty of evidence but it is simply hot air you are spouting without showing any evidence. Where, in the geological record or the sedimentary records or the submerged shore line records does it show anywhere that there was a global floor of "Noah myth proportions"? You provide the evidence (scientifically backed) and i will happily concede defeat.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

You provide the evidence (scientifically backed) and i will happily concede defeat.

How about YOU provide the evidence that you are actually interested in the truth?

Asking for scientifically backed evidence for the flood makes just as much sense as someone trying to get to the bottom of 9/11 by studying the NIST report.

Good luck with that...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Why? Geologists look for evidence of the various processes that shape and form our planet. They then publish that data. When understanding of processes improves, they reappraise and update their information. It is freely available information too, no suppression involved.

By answering like that and by totally swerving the question of evidence, i take it you are conceding defeat? As the saying goes, "put up or shut up". Without evidence, it is pure conjecture on your part - which is totally fine but should be acknowledged as such. Otherwise you are perpetuating ignorance, instead of denying it.

ETA:

Not meant to sound so harsh, sorry.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robonakka
So you really think a boat made of wood will last 8,000 years on a volcano? Really? Doesn't wood rot? Wouldn't there have been great demand for wood in a post flood environment? Surely the ark was broken up for housing and the remains rotted away eons ago. Surely.

Exactly what I think. After the alledged flood, demand for wood would have been enormous so stipping the ark would have been essential.

Also, those two little termites needed a way to feed their many offspring.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Like I said before, I think the "global flood" was LOCAL

Above post: nice animated star, I was actually thinking of using your star since it was uploaded and I didn't know how things worked but i didn't ask so I found this one.

edit on 18-1-2013 by sneaglebob12 because: reply

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sneaglebob12

So sneaglebob,have any of the answers here changed your views on this subject?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Why? Geologists look for evidence of the various processes that shape and form our planet. They then publish that data. When understanding of processes improves, they reappraise and update their information. It is freely available information too, no suppression involved.

No suppression?

So you actually DO believe the NIST report I take it?

I'm guessing there is probably no point in me telling you that science and mainstream academia has been taken over just like everything else has.

The fact that you believe there is no suppression involved is simply one more piece of evidence that they are in fact being used as effective mind control tools.

They have just as much credibility as the MSM.

"...the Illuminati eventually controlled the science departments in all colleges and institutions of higher learning. The plan was to stifle scientific knowledge and then twist what was left to fit the science they wanted the people to believe. They accomplished this by adopting new rules in regards to scientific research.

Secret Societies - Who Controls Knowledge?

"Throughout recorded history, the Illuminati has successfully withheld from humankind major aspects of history and science in order to subjugate the masses"

By manipulating the souls evolving on earth, the Illuminati have deliberately suppressed the spiritual facts of life, not to mention liberating technologies, which could bring plenitude to all.

Secrets of Suppressed Science and History

“There are two histories: official history, lying, and then secret history, where you find the real causes of events.” ~ Honoré de Balzac

"The model of human prehistory built-up by scholars over the past two centuries is sadly and completely wrong, and a deliberate tool of disinformation and mind control. ...they demonstrate a systematic destruction of proofs that show another reality than that the official story. Falsifications and even destruction of such proofs has been common for more than two hundred years." LINK

“the biggest cover-up in the history of mankind is the history of mankind itself”

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Far be it that anyone would have the guts to ask for proof in order to believe in something.

That's just CRAZY! LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

The problem isn't with proof...

Evidence and proof will NEVER benefit a person whose eyes are closed to the truth.

"You can't wake someone who is pretending to be asleep." ~ Native American Proverb

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

There is a big difference between Truth and Fact.

Truth is subjective.

Fact is Fact.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
soooooo

the earth's population can trace it's roots to a common ancestor 6,000 years ago ?

that's gold jerry. comedy gold!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Deetermined

Perfectly true but even if that water somehow came to the surface, it still wouldn't have the necessary volume to raise global water levels that much. Simply put, there isn't enough water around to raise levels that much. The only way this could be true would be if all the seas had somehow risen and travelled across continents (Geological Polar Shift) and there is absolutely zero evidence to be found anywhere that this has ever occured.

That is not necessarily true.

The Bible says that there was one land mass. If there was tectonic plate movement that coincided with Noah's flood, with the breaking up of the one land mass, with collisions pushing up land in the process, water could have covered the single land mass that had not undergone the uplift we see today.
edit on 18-1-2013 by JuniorBeauchamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Speaking of proof.

Will someone provide me with the proof that all the space, energy and matter of the universe popped out of absolutely nothing?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JuniorBeauchamp

Of course they said there was one land mass...they still thought the world was FLAT for crying out loud! They had such a narrow veiw of the World they didn't even know there were other existing Continents.

The last time the planet had a single continent was over 200 Million Years ago and is called Pangaea. Humans and our ancient ancestors of Humanity have only been around for about 5 Million Years.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Of course they said there was one land mass...they still thought the world was FLAT for crying out loud!

Where did you get that idea from?

The Bible never says anything like that at all. Nor middle eastern peoples never thought such.

They had such a narrow veiw of the World they didn't even know there were other existing Continents.

I suppose you have some proof for that?

The last time the planet had a single continent was over 200 Million Years ago

That is conjecture.

Humans and our ancient ancestors of Humanity have only been around for about 5 Million Years.

Split Infinity

So the theory goes. There is no definitive proof for it.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

The belief of a Flat Earth was documented in just about all ancient text...mythology...Royal shipping orders and a million other forms of reference in a timeline that existed before and after this time.

The fact you have even posted that there is no proof of the existance of Pangaea shows me just how uninformed you are. Even a CHILD can look at a Globe and see how South America and Africa were once joined and this has been proven by Geologists by simple samples of the rock from both Continents.

Tectonic Plate Movement is a FACT of reality as it is going on as I type and to say it is not is absurd.

Various forms of the earliest group of Humanities ancesters have been dated very accurately to about 5 Million Years ago and this is also a well known fact.

Reality is these people were still living in the Stone Age and would have absolutely no knowledge of any area besides their own.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

The belief of a Flat Earth was documented in just about all ancient text

Prove it. What texts? Name them. Lets see some detailed proof, not mere assertions.

Royal shipping orders and a million other forms of reference in a timeline that existed before and after this time.

Funny, mariners knew the earth was a sphere. They could see the curvature from their ships on the seas.

The Greeks had calculated the circumference of the earth within a few miles.......in ancient times.

The fact you have even posted that there is no proof of the existance of Pangaea shows me just how uninformed you are. Even a CHILD can look at a Globe and see how South America and Africa were once joined and this has been proven by Geologists by simple samples of the rock from both Continents.

Tectonic Plate Movement is a FACT of reality as it is going on as I type and to say it is not is absurd.

I never said tectonic plate movement was not a fact. Quite the opposite actually, so I don't know where you got that notion from.

The questions are about, time/history and cause.

Various forms of the earliest group of Humanities ancesters have been dated very accurately to about 5 Million Years ago and this is also a well known fact.

Really? How?

Reality is these people were still living in the Stone Age and would have absolutely no knowledge of any area besides their own.

Prove it!

edit on 18-1-2013 by JuniorBeauchamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
If anyone has ever been on the coast when a strong storm like a Nor'easter or hurricane comes through, you will witness, as I have many, many times, multiple layers of strata being built up in a manner of hours.

Water, large amounts of water is a powerful force that can change a landscape in a great big hurry.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join