It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Go Down A Rabbit Hole In 5 Easy Steps!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Hi ATS, hope your well amid these crazy times.

Just wanted to pass this by the community to see what you guys think. Sometimes when you end up down a rabbit hole you can loose the bigger picture so let me know if I've been reading too much ATS lately

Somehow, I've started reading a newspaper article regarding Obama wanting the UK to stay in the Euro.... and ended up at the Knights Templar in Jerusalem, via a few connections/links/steps... I know, I know, but bear with me.

It started with a newspaper article I read dated 14th January 2013 in a British newspaper The Evening Standard, the article is titled "Bilderberg connects Mandy and Clarke".

I believe The Evening Standard is a fairly reputable news outlet, well as much as one can be when the MSM is concerned.

Here's the article (for those that don't know Lord Mandelson and Ken Clarke are ex-British politicians of high office) -

"Lord Mandelson and Ken Clarke have formed a potent alliance to promote Europe’s virtues.

Is it just a coincidence that the pair attended the Bilderberg meeting in Chantilly, Virginia, USA together last June, as the Londoner reported at the time?

They rubbed shoulders with royalty, captains of industry and world politicians including the Queen of the Netherlands, Henry Kissinger and Goldman Sachs chairman Peter Sutherland. The Mandelson/Clarke axis is all the more intriguing in light of recent attempts by President Obama’s administration to push Britain back into the European fold. Bilderberg is not known as the shadow world government for nothing."

It was a small article hidden away but I was still surprised to see this in the MSM, I managed to find the article on line here - www.standard.co.uk...

So it looks likes one item on the Bilderberg meeting agenda last year was how to keep Britain in the EU and thus give America an easier route into Europe via their 'special relationship'. We now know at least one aim of the Bilderberg, to have a European Union and one they can have easy access to.

Anyway from there I looked into Ken Clarke and found he was the Chancellor of the Exchequer (1993 to 1997) for ex-British leader John Major during his term as Prime Minister.

Ken Clarke is pro-European Union to say the least, he is President of the Conservative Europe Group and Vice-President of the European Movement UK, yet he is a member of a political party that is anti-Euro.

More about him can be found here (worth a read if you have the time) - en.wikipedia.org...

What did stand out when reading about Ken Clarke is his frequent attendance of the Bilderberg meetings (1993, 1998, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2012), his first meeting in 1993 was the same year he became Chancellor of the Exchequer I see! In fact he attended this meeting in April 1993 and was made Chancellor of the Exchequer for the Prime Minister 1 month later in May 1993... mmmm.

From there I decided to see who is overseeing the Bilderberg show, it turns out to be Henri de Castries... or Henri de La Croix de Castries, 5th Comte de Castries, here's what Wiki had to say -

(born 15 August 1954) is a French businessman and a member of the House of Castries.[1] He has been Chairman and CEO of AXA since May 2000.

More about him here (recommended) - en.wikipedia.org...

Guess what stood out this time? A member of the House of Castries....

Family tradition holds that one of the family's members was saint Roch, the pilgrim apostle who dedicated his life to the service of the sick and plague-victims in the 13th century. The La Croix de Castries family, however, was not ennobled until the end of the 15th century, as Nobles of the Sword. It was admitted to the honours of court in 1744, 1753, 1776, and 1786.

en.wikipedia.org...

Turns out a notable member of the family is Louis Augustin de La Croix de Castries (1728–1737), knight of Malta (The Hospitallers), which is basically the Knights Templar.

The Hospitallers and the Knights Templar, formed in 1119,[4] became the most powerful Christian groups in the area. The order came to distinguish itself in battle with the Muslims, its soldiers wearing a black surcoat with a white cross.

en.wikipedia.org...

However this particular group (the Hospitallers) were not victims of Pope Clement V destruction of the Knights Templar, they survived.

Pope Clement V dissolved the Hospitallers' rival order, the Knights Templar, in 1312 with a series of papal bulls, including the Ad providam bull, which turned over much of their property to the Hospitallers. The holdings were organised into eight "tongues" (one each in Crown of Aragon, Auvergne, Castile, England, France, Germany, Italy, and Provence).

So the person overseeing the Bilderberg Group has connections back to the Templar Knights or an equivalent, interesting.

Has this rabbit hole I've been going down this evening been legit or have I done the classic conspiracy nut thing and connected dots that aren't there? I really don't know myself.

How to go down a rabbit hole in 5 easy steps -

1) Start at Wiki page for Ken Clarke - en.wikipedia.org...
2) Scroll down to 'Corporate and other work' and click on the 'Bilderberg Group' link - en.wikipedia.org...
3) Scroll down to 'Chairmen of the Steering Committee' and click on 'Henri de Castries (since 2001)' link - en.wikipedia.org...
4) Scroll down to 'House of Castries' and click the link - en.wikipedia.org...
5) Scroll down to 'Notable members of the family' and click on the 'knight of Malta.' link - en.wikipedia.org...

Sorry if this has been a bit of a ramble but let me know your thoughts, are conspiracies easy to make up or is this another indication of the types of people in power and the ways they work?

edit on 14-1-2013 by RiverRunsFree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiverRunsFree

1) - en.wikipedia.org...
2) - en.wikipedia.org...
3) - en.wikipedia.org...
4) - en.wikipedia.org...
5) - en.wikipedia.org...

1) You are looking in the WRONG place if you are seeking after truth (wikipedia)

2) Rabbit holes are for rabbits.

I would rather go after the "Octopus".

Originally posted by aBlueRAY
From a psychoanalytical point of view, I have to assume deep in your heart you know wikipedia would be the number one piece of propaganda available online for the masses.

Wikipedia Lies:Online Disinformation & Propaganda

edit on 14-1-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I like it

but to be honest,as long as we're still moving away from the euro
i'm happy

as for having the cons in power hhhmmmm......

i'll leave that one alone

i still feel the uk is swirling around the plughole

just to add... i don't believe there is a way out now, we're in for a serious crash of some sort before a fix can be found
edit on 14-1-2013 by cjttatu because: (no reason given)

sorry i didn't address your point sounds like 5 degrees of separation,dig deeper

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by RiverRunsFree

1) - en.wikipedia.org...
2) - en.wikipedia.org...
3) - en.wikipedia.org...
4) - en.wikipedia.org...
5) - en.wikipedia.org...

1) You are looking in the WRONG place if you are seeking after truth (wikipedia)

From a psychoanalytical point of view, I have to assume deep in your heart you know wikipedia would be the number one piece of propaganda available online for the masses.

edit on 14-1-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

Its true that wikipedia can be incorrect sometimes, so you have to carefully consider what it says, but its certainly a better source than a conspiracy propaganda site (educate-yourself.org). I'll take a source thats been verified as very accurate numerous times across a variety of subjects (including here: news.cnet.com...) over someones personal conspiracy website with 0 evidence.

Anyways, OP, I think the big problem with this is that there is a "so what?" factor. Just because someones friend, who happens to be the steering committee chairman for Bilderberg, has an ancient ancestor who was involved with the Order of Malta...doesn't mean it has any influence over how they run a Bilderberg meeting. Remember the biggest flaw in conspiracy thinking is the idea that every coincidence is meaningful. Thats amateur logic. Sometimes coincidences are just that..

edit on 14-1-2013 by thelongjourney because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2013 by thelongjourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
If you wanna go down the rabbit hole.....start from 9-11 and work backwards, in time.

PS: bring a flashlight...and lots of batteries. It's quite a deep hole!
You might want to have the Motrin and a vomit bag, on the ready.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Thanks for your input.

I was aware of the wiki theories out there but I have to say whenever I've need some information its been reliable, what helps is the fact it states the sources/references of information used at the end of each article, if you add up all the sources within the links I provided it totals 137. It's hard to throw out all that information as disinformation and lies.

That being said I understand where you are coming from, but I don't think there are any lies or disinfo in the Wiki pages I've used, unless you care to prove me wrong of course.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelongjourney

Anyways, OP, I think the big problem with this is that there is a "so what?" factor. Just because someones friend, who happens to be the steering committee chairman for Bilderberg, has an ancient ancestor who was involved with the Order of Malta...doesn't mean it has any influence over how they run a Bilderberg meeting. Remember the biggest flaw in conspiracy thinking is the idea that every coincidence is meaningful. Thats amateur logic. Sometimes coincidences are just that..

Some wise words there and I can't argue, which is why I wanted to pass this by ATS i.e. is this just a coincidence?

But, it's a fairly big coincidence... that a chairman for the Bilderberg is also related to Knights of Malta considering the conspiracies surrounding both groups.

Of course there are about 3 other conspiracies mentioned in my OP, not just the aforementioned. When so many coincidences started to build it became hard to ignore, but maybe that's just what this is, a coincidence, I don't know.

new topics

top topics

join