It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA technique reconstructs hair, eye color of dead Polish general

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
*I cannot find anything current on ATS that has shown this previously posted.I apologise if I didn't look hard enough or that this isn't appropriate to the forum. Or if my formatting is pretty bad.

I find this highly interesting, not only that the technique can help narrow down the remains of missing persons, but that this has the potential to help make a clearer picture of suspects/perpetrators in unsolved crimes such as homicide.

For instance, take a look at the case of Jon-Benet Ramsey (sp?), there is DNA evidence which didn't match any family member or suspect, and is routinely checked with the DNA database of offenders in the USA,. Sadly still not a match, but I do wonder if it is possible to use the idea/technology involved here and put it to another use?

Thoughts?

edit on 14-1-2013 by auroraaus because: removed weird url text thing that somehow appeared

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This is fascinating OP, thanks or posting Im going to read more about this

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
OUTSTANDING!

I was talking to a friend (I know as if), and I was saying, "I can see DNA forensics, being able to pull up an exactly or really accurate likeliness of the owner.

Being, they could recreate a holographic or dna record of ones physical appearance, all NCIS style with a dash of CSI soap opera flair... lol

It is closer than I thought.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

If that was possible, you would still have to take into account environmental factors etc that could alter the appearance of someone, aging, drug use (the many faces of meth anyone??), trauma, weather, illness as well as people who cosmetically alter their appearance.

But to find natural eye colour and hair colour?? That's a big step!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I hate to be a fly in the ointment, but I did an image search for "Wladyslaw Sikorski".

There are not many color photos of the General, but I did find this one:

This picture is not in color, but it does show his hair before it turned grey:

While I applaud the research work being done, it looks to me like they have some tweaking to do.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

Oh of course!

I agree, it's just, I can see even that being able to be done as well.
DNA would have the indicators, a protein even that can be detected, could be a factor in doing such. But I get what your saying, and it's pretty cool at the stage we have now.

top topics

join