It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Arafat In France, May Have Leukemia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
To further Gazrok's point, I find it absolutely amazing that some posters here completely ignore the man's past history and focus on him being a 75 year old man restricted to an office building.

He hasn't always been the old man in the compound folks. A collective good morning to all, I'd recommend some research on the nice fella's background.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
UK_Wizard - unfortunately, I have to ask... what good will Arafat being replaced by a moderate be if Sharon is still in power? Sharon and/or the Israeli extreme-right will try to wrest the most concessions possible from a moderate.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Arafat suffering blood disorder: doctor

Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat is suffering from a potentially fatal blood disorder, which will require more tests to determine the cause, one his doctors says.

The doctor, speaking on the condition of anonymity, says Mr Arafat requires tests that cannot be conducted in the West Bank.

"His blood cells, which should normally destroy microbes, are currently destroying blood platelets," he said.

He says the disorder could have been triggered "by an inflammation caused by a virus, a cancer or blood poisoning."

www.abc.net.au...

Sanc'.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Sometimes, you really have to admire Mossad's style, hehe....

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Noone caught this?

Originally posted by FredT
The 75-year-old Arafat has been ill for two weeks, suffering from what Palestinian officials said was the flu. Israeli officials speculated he might have stomach cancer, but two of Arafat's doctors said Wednesday that a blood test and a biopsy of tissue taken from his digestive tract showed no evidence of cancer in that part of the body.

If not that part of the body then what part of the body?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
it's just appeared on sky news that he's being flown to Paris for treatment.... or has that been said already

sorry if it has

www.sky.com...

[edit on 28-10-2004 by UK Wizard]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Please see the update on the initial post. Arafat may be Paris Bound. Details are still developing.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Ailing Yasser Arafat refusing doctors' recommendation that he go to Paris for treatment, Palestinian sources say. Details soon.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I don't have anything constructive to add but my opinion

I hope he dies, why? Because just another terrorist gone in my opinion.
Maybe now the palestian people can truely be free
but i doubt it! Some other a** will step in and continue Arafat's dominance and oppression of the palestinian people.

Damn Shame

But yea, Woot, score another for the good guys

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I don't know if this picture of Yasser Arafat has been posted:

www.cyberpresse.ca...

It was released today.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well look at that picture. Why, he's just a happy old mand surrounded by his closest friends. They would never, ever let 'ol Yassar down.

To all those that have been beheaded, may you RIP Mr. Arafat.

Personally, i'd like it if Israel took some helicopters and tanks and razed the compund where he is staying. Then what? I guess he can then cry out to the international community about this unprovoked "aggression" as he did the last time Israel took action against him. One of the major leaders of terrorism in the world and when HE is attacked he cries for the world to save him.

Only God can have mercy on his soul. I pray for only one thing; that his death is slow and painful. May the souls of all those that he tortured and killed come to his mind in the last few gasps of air that he breathes on this Earth.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
When I just read the title I though it said Arafat beheaded in Paris.

Ummm..... May be headed.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I'm sure Sharon would love to be able to raze his compound too. And what good would that serve? Arafat is a symbol. For every person who views him as a terrorist, there is someone else who sees him as someone who tried, and Palestinians see him as a hero. What would you recommend, kill Arafat in a bombing raid, then cut down any Palestinians who rise in anger at the way it was done?

I'm sure *that* will bring peace.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Maybe he'll be introduced to a nice Jewish Doctah?

The gates of Hell, are being polished up nicely this month.

They will have to swing open wide, for the likes of Arafat,
and potentially Castro.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
"Those who call us terrorists wish to prevent world public opinion from discovering the truth about us and from seeing the justice on our faces. They seek to bide the terrorism and tyranny of their acts, and our own posture of self-defence."

- Yasser Arafat at the United Nations, 1974

Wow... still rings true today.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
There is no "justice" in the deliberate targeting of innocent lives to further a political agenda. He is a terrorist, pure and simple.

No doubt, Isreal has been guilty of some terrorism on their part too, by definition, but really a matter of degree here...

"Happy trails....to you...."
"Na na na na...hey hey hey....goodbye...."

Regardless of who leads them, the Palestinians will settle for no less than the complete destruction of Isreal, and the whole state of Isreal made into Palestine... That simply won't happen, so the cycle of violence is guaranteed to go on indefinitely. They were given a great chance to be on their way to statehood, but they spit on the table and again chose more and more violence instead of negotiation. Personally, I've been through with having any more sympathy for their cause. They need to learn how to get along and embrace their Isreali neighbors....or they're going the way of the dodo...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Who has suffered most from the Intifada? It's the Palestinians, about two to one. Palestinians may be using violence and it might be ugly and shameful - I agree to that much - but the fact is, every time a suicide attack kills 30 Israelis, about 100 Palestinians die in retaliation. The U.S. government once again condemns Palestinians for the violence and doesn't say a word about Israeli overkill. Is that justice?

If Itzhak Rabin had lived, there might have been a chance at peace. But Benyamin Netanyahu had a role in sending the Oslo accords down the toilet, let's not forget that.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The difference being those 100 Palestinians are primarily armed combatants or collateral damage due to them hiding amongst civilians....not just civilians at a cafe' like the 30 Isrealis in your example...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Yo, Yasser... Wave for the press (everybody got an extremity? somebody prop his head up, wouldn't want the world to know it's favorite terrorist is dead).

Sooner or later the inevitable will happen, the secret will no longer be able to be kept, and the struggle for a new Palestinian dictator... Errr... Chaperone will commence. The problem is that there isn't a figure within that commands international respect like Ringo... I mean Yasser (forget the hands off policy, the last "leader" is dead), and each rising star will be eliminated by the Israelis (each act of terrorism will be "assigned� to the "martyr du jour"). The Palestinians are doomed and they know it, Yasser's legacy is that HE failed his own people, he rejected the best hope for peace and a Palestinian state.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Arafat has agreed to go to the hospital in Paris.

bloomberg.com
Oct. 28 (Bloomberg) -- France said Yasser Arafat is expected to arrive in Paris tomorrow for medical treatment, a visit that has raised concerns about the Arab leader's health and prospects of a power vacuum in the Palestinian Authority.

``On the request of the Palestinian Authority, France is sending an airplane to transport Arafat,'' said Jerome Bonnafont, a spokesman for French President Jacques Chirac. ``The airplane is being prepared now.''

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join