It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lance Armstrong ADMITS to doping on Oprah.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

No Sport will ever be 100% clean. There will always be cheaters who try to subvert the rules.

However, I can say with certainty that the culture of Juicing in MLB has changed drastically since the MLB cracked down.

Just look at the line-ups of teams from the late 90's-early2000's and see the difference in size of the upper bodies on these guys. I won't go into a list of all the suspects but surely an astute observer notices.

Hell, average second basemen who rightly should only be hitting 15 homeruns (tops) were jacking 35 dingers a year, with biceps barely contained in their jerseys.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

Yeah, it changed drastically in that people don't have free reign to use anything they want anymore, now they have to pick and choose the stack that in order to stay under the radar. Now the testing is a joke, it really is. A buddy of mine had a chance to interview Canseco after he wrote his book. Basically the MLB was in such a #hole financially in the late 90's, managers and owners told players to do anything to get them out of the slump. No one cared about baseball, they were losing viewers, and money was not being made. The managers knew what was going on with the drugs and they basically upped everything, training, hired better trainers, nutritionists, etc., and this led to the boom in profits for the MLB and more attention. So much more work was put in to turn the MLB around and basically it worked.

Here is Victor Conte, former owner of BALCO has to say on the current state of the MLB.

"Conte estimates that "as much as half" of current players in Major League Baseball are using performance-enhancing drugs of some kind."

"I'm not going to name names," Conte told Nightengale, "but I've talked to a lot of top players in Major League Baseball, and they tell me this is what they're doing. There is rampant use of synthetic testosterone in Major League Baseball.""

And the response

"There is no way that Victor Conte would have information that would allow him to have any basis on that," MLB vice president Rob Manfred said. "He's just making that up. It's a guess. We use the very best, most sophisticated methodologies that are available."

The response couldn't be more garbage.

"We use the very best most sophisticated methodologies that are available" false
"just making that up. It's a guess." false

Link

Coming from the kingpin of the steroid era with many connections even today, I think I believe Conte and everyone else who knows that they are talking about. The MLB is has more propaganda than Baghdad Bob, they want you to believe they are a clean culture.

Canseco even answers questions now I guess on a forum and he will answer them if you want to have a go at it, don't know if its against the rules here to post a roid forum (even though they only sell knock off proprietary supplements sounding like real steroids, aka scam company). I never actually watched any of these videos though I usually stay away from that forum but I just skimmed them and he has a video on Lance.

BTW, did anyone catch the Lance interview? I haven't yet?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
i watched the first part last night. i knew he lied but i was rather stunned at his lack of emotion. "i looked up the word cheat in the dictionary" and he read it and decided he wasn't cheating. "i didn't think i was doing anything wrong". ummm.... okay.

oprah asked him if he could have won with out cheating and he said no.

he called the woman who testified against him about overhearing him say he had taken drugs.... a whore and a liar and sued her. the man is F-ED up.

it's not about "well everyone does it" so get over it. he destroyed lives to cover his ass. he said he would tear down anyone that crossed him. he admitted his cancer was probably from doping and he admitted he became MORE of a bully after cancer. he sued so many people.... based on lies! he even won a $7 million settlement with the ADA.

he took doping further than any other athlete. i feel so bad for all the people he hurt.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

The biggest thing for me is how he so convincingly fooled so many posters on here.They bought his stories, his lies, his rants, his accusations....hook...line....and sinker and now....not a word from these people.

Armstrong is the biggest piece of crud there is. This guy is worse than Bonds, McGuire, Sosa and even Ben Johnson, put together. He not only lied and cheated but he called his accusers "crazy", "whores", etc in trying to vindicate himself along the way.

This guy is a pathological liar and people should have guessed what type of person he was just by looking at his eerily corrupted and dysfunctional family lifestyle.

I expect him to be sued by every Tom, Dick and Harry out there. This is only the beginning of he end for him.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

This is why it is so difficult for me to feel any pity for the guy. He was so quick to wreck anyone else's life to save his own. I hope they wring every dime he's ever made out of him in retaliation for what he did to them.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
This is why it is so difficult for me to feel any pity for the guy. He was so quick to wreck anyone else's life to save his own. I hope they wring every dime he's ever made out of him in retaliation for what he did to them.

What life did he wreck? He denied it like EVERY other athlete has done.. The funny part is that his old teammates, years later after they actually got busted for drugging, cut a deal to make things easier on themselves....so I wouldn't suggest he was the one wrecking other people lives when he was the prize everyone was after in the first place...
edit on 18-1-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

What life did he wreck? He denied it like EVERY other athlete has done.. The funny part is that his old teammates, years later after they actually got busted for drugging, cut a deal to make things easier on themselves....so I wouldn't suggest he was the one wrecking other people lives when he was the prize everyone was after in the first place...
edit on 18-1-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

He sued people when they claimed he took drugs. People lost a lot of money and respect because of him. So yes, he's at fault. He knowingly lied and actively worked to destroy the reputations of the people who said he took drugs. That is public knowledge. If you don't think it's ate up to actively work to wreck people's finances and lives while knowing the whole time they were telling the truth then I just don't know what to say to you.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join