It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Stockman threatens Obama impeachment over guns

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Truely amazing the people on who believe obama on gun laws considering what happened with "fast and furious" where the man that he hired got caught running guns to the Mexican cartel that got border patrol agents killed. He used his executive order to protect holders arse from the flame. After this he supplies guns to the Libyan rebels who kill an American ambassador who's job was to collect the guns from them and watches and does nothing to help. Yet hes going to protect you once you give up your guns lol. Even if he doesn't ban guns out right his administration is the last people talking about gun safety considering its track record

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

Actually Texas is the only state that can secede, as in they were their on nation prior to joining the Union. As well as Hawaii. States have the rights and the power. The Federal Government was never designed to be what it is now. You go Texas and Wyoming more states will follow suite. I would say within a few weeks we will hear about even more states joining the fight to tell the Feds to keep your damn hands out of our business.
edit on 15-1-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HopSkipJump

If we didn't impeach bush, we don't have the right to impeach anyone

If enough congressmen put up a huge fly covered stink about making it happen, it may gain enough steam to produce certain change.

If.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by HopSkipJump

Originally posted by Tardacus

That`s exactly right, he swore to defend the constitution, unconstitutionally changing or altering the constitution does NOT qualify as defending it. It`s nothing short of treason and it should be treated as such.
The constitition very specifically spells out the procedures to be taken in order to change it or alter it in any way, and an executive order is not included in that list of procedures.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

yet nobody that's complaining right now said a single word when bush was pulling all his crap.... amazing...

Quite wrong. In fact horribly wrong. I tend to complain anytime anything is done that infringes on any rights. Most people do. Its not about political party affiliation, nor is it about any other issue then the violation of their job as president.
I called my representatives and demanded bush be impeached, and told them I was horrified they voted for the patriot act and let it be passed. I protested the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. In fact I protest any military action overseas in matters that do not concern the US.
Obama was originally elected for "change". He was going to repeal the patriot act, restore freedoms, etc. Instead he furthers it, passes NDAA, threatens to use executive powers to bypass congress not only for gun control, but for debt relief.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
More guttural spew from gun worshippers. No matter how much the nra whines, that republican wont do crap, mark my words. Why? Public opinion is overwhelmingly slanted towards some form of decisive gun control. Stomp your feet all you want, it's reality. What is Texas going to do? Secede? Lol riiiiight.
edit on 14-1-2013 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

Spoken like a good brainwashed slave of the State.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Obama hasn't yet done ANYTHING over guns

naaah, not at all

Fast and Furious was just a fairy tale

Benghazi ?
noooo, it too was a bad dream ... go back to sleeeeep

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR
reply to post by koder

It is thinking like yours that makes people trash and one day they will get worse and use gun for eveyrthing, which is why I think certain population control needs to happen including such with the dangerous thinking of using your own guns to solve issues. We can quickly reduce the number of potential criminals who were just 'self-defending'
edit on 15-1-2013 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

Population control?

You mean killing your way to a perfect society right?

It's the fact that a person that thinks like you exists, with the potential to hold the power of government, that I so jealously guard my right to arms.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

"I hope he can gain support for this. Although I'm not sure as to the realistic nature behind making such threats such as 'impeachment', but hey, this may be the best direction to take."

please if we can kick one out for some hankipanki with a cow and a stain on a dress, im pretty sure we can for circumventing the constitution.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

"Actually Texas is the only state that can secede, as in they were their on nation prior to joining the Union."

thats on paper ^^

if a state wants to its as easy as holding the taxes from feds and putting state troopers on the boarders

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

States have the rights and the power.

The feds have most of the power and have for decades now.

I am interested to see what Obama will do, probably something weak that he thinks is a compromise. He's even met with gun psycho groups.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

one can hope it's that easy but after this WH response, i wouldn't count on it.
WH response to secession petitions

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I love all the talk about the legalities of seceding. Yes you can, no you cant. Did the New World have the legal ability to leave the Kingdom of Great Britain ? NO, we just said we're out. Diplomatically would be best but its not the only option. I think at this point in time we would have more than just Texas in the new republic and a large influx of like minded people. Are we going to be invaded by anti-gun liberals? The US military that has a LARGE amount of soldiers who call this place home? How many soldiers have family in the area? We'll make a stand and yall come on down! Join us
Ive also heard that we can not finacially make it. What? We pay way more in than we get back, so all the sudden we have more money than we've ever had.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
From TEXAS gee, isn't that the state where they use a 38 as a pacifier for their babies?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by retirednature

Rep. Stockman threatens Obama impeachment over guns

Link: www.politico.com...

Rep. Steve Stockman (R-Texas) is threatening to file articles of impeachment against President Barack Obama if he moves to change gun regulations through executive order.

“I will seek to thwart this action by any means necessary, including but not limited to eliminating funding for implementation, defunding the White House, and even filing articles of impeachment,” Stockman said.

In a statement, Stockman didn’t hold back, saying Obama is launching an “attack on the very founding principles of this republic.”

“The President’s actions are an existential threat to this nation,” Stockman said in a statement. “The right of the people to keep and bear arms is what has kept this nation free and secure for over 200 years. The very purpose of the Second Amendment is to stop the government from disallowing people the means to defend themselves against tyranny. Any proposal to abuse executive power and infringe upon gun rights must be repelled with the stiffest legislative force possible.”

edit on 14-1-2013 by retirednature because: additional comment

Link: en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 14-1-2013 by retirednature because: additional comment

edit on 14-1-2013 by retirednature because: clarification

edit on 14-1-2013 by retirednature because: Link!?!

I HOPE HE WINS THE IMPEACHMENT. Do we get to have a say? Because I am sure that most of us (Even the people who voted him in, seeing as how they love their guns and gang violence) Would vote to impeach his sorry butt.
edit on 16-1-2013 by ldyserenity because: long quote fixed

edit on 16-1-2013 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Hey why dont y'all form two teams and go out to a big field and practice target shooting. One team on one side and the other them facing them. Have at with your big ol penis extensions.
edit on 16-1-2013 by karen61560 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Public opinion is remarkably on the other side in spite of what you read here which doesnt represent average public opinion as this crowd is slightly jaded to begin with.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
More guttural spew from gun worshippers. No matter how much the nra whines, that republican wont do crap, mark my words. Why? Public opinion is overwhelmingly slanted towards some form of decisive gun control. Stomp your feet all you want, it's reality. What is Texas going to do? Secede? Lol riiiiight.
edit on 14-1-2013 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

Oooh, so YOU are the sole voice of the people?...

Can you even listen to yourself?... Who made you ruler and king of all? Who made your opinions, wants and needs the only ones that matter?...

In case you didn't know you live in a CONSTITUTIONAL REPRESENTATIVE REPUBLIC in which EVERYONE, even minorities have INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS...

You can get your panties in a bunch and cry like a baby at the mere mention of the word gun...
You can "stomp your feet", and cry like a little baby demanding that everyone does what YOU want...

At the end what people like you need to do is grow the hell up, and learn that it is not a RIGHT to want to FORCE people to do YOUR will...

edit on 16-1-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560

Hey why dont y'all form two teams and go out to a big field and practice target shooting. One team on one side and the other them facing them. Have at with your big ol penis extensions.

How about you pick up and read at least some books to try to make your IQ higher than 00000.1?

So, you are ANOTHER dictator wannabe who wants people to do as YOU wish?...

edit on 16-1-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Impeachment huh....LOL good luck. Even with the majority of Americans agree with some sort of gun control...yeah...Good Luck. I just want them to make some allowances to the mental health system to stop these nutcases from get their hands on weapons.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

You know I think Dane Cook was right. Not many will get this but the ones that do will chuckle.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join