It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Stockman threatens Obama impeachment over guns

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingmonkey
It's amazing how the word 'tyranny' is banded about so easily in these pro-gun threads.

I don't think Stockton and many of his backers know the meaning of the word.

We know our history.
Those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it.

Piers Morgan is hoping we live in a society of chronic amnesiacs.
edit on 15-1-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

People need to quit belly aching about this.

Guns are NOT important.

Tanks are important.

Jets are important.

Subs are important.

Drones are important.

Unless you have these other things I'm not sure what your machine gun is going to give you other than a political vomit fest.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
People are missing the underlying and most important point of this threat of impeachment. It is much more than just gun rights that are under attack here. The most dangerous act is the executive branch attempting to work around the system designed to protect us from tyranny and imperialistic governments. Power corrupts and we put systems in place to keep this from happening. This administration is making advances to empower themselves beyond the scope of power given to them by the people and the consitution.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Down with Gun owners, Down with gun defenders

Policemen on the major streets, cameras and not leave more guns, if everyone started shooting with guns, a lot more incidents would happen you fools! There is a need for gun control.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR

Down with Gun owners, Down with gun defenders

Policemen on the major streets, cameras and not leave more guns, if everyone started shooting with guns, a lot more incidents would happen you fools! There is a need for gun control.

Guns dont kill people....stuppidity does. and ignorance...

akin to your own...

=)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Down with Gun opposers, Down with gun control activists
fixed that for ya

yeah, cameras
... can you say, target practice ???
i really don't see them staying operational for long.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

It's amazing how the word 'tyranny' is banded about so easily in these pro-gun threads.

We know our history.

Piers Morgan is hoping we live in a society of chronic amnesiacs.
edit on 15-1-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

As long as Piers Morgan's money keeps rolling in, I don't think he cares either way.

link   
‎4 words that will end the debate, a debate that shouldnt even be going on. Regardless of your view on firearms, regardless of your feelings of how people use them good or bad. 4 words that make your gun control measures absolutely null en-void. 4 words that show you that even talking about it is un constituitional.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

This nation used to be the beacon of freedom, a bastion of righteousness, the example of a democratic society, we declared our independnce from a king 3000 miles away, and we wrote the greatest governing document ever concieved. (aside from the bible) And is it ANY wonder, that the more we "amend", or find ways around both of them....the crappier our nation has become?

link   
reply to post by koder

It is thinking like yours that makes people trash and one day they will get worse and use gun for eveyrthing, which is why I think certain population control needs to happen including such with the dangerous thinking of using your own guns to solve issues. We can quickly reduce the number of potential criminals who were just 'self-defending'
edit on 15-1-2013 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

One major principal that is always touched on regarding the 2nd is, that it gives the populace the ability to repel an oppressive government. Another thought is that no other nation or force has been inclined to invade the most heavily armed nation in the world, even with the vast majority of our standing military out of country. In the event of gun control, the odds of invasion by a foreign nation or force are far more likely. In such a case, disarming America could be construed as aiding the enemy, which is an impeachable offense as it amounts to high treason!

edit on 15-1-2013 by ajay59 because: to add

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Ummmm tht still wouldnt do anything....most criminals that use their guns arent the registered owners anyway....

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
A noble gesture indeed by the freshman Congressman...however a little too late.

Not to mention that Americans are simply to cowardly to stand up to opression OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER !!!

"Keyboard warriors" who sit at their computers all day and blog such utter nonsense as "We're not going to take this any more." "We the people will NEVER allow them to take our guns..." "Hey dudes...time to lock and load..." are simply full of bombastic BS and would cave in like a house of sand the minute any REAL danger to their imaginary heroics came a knocking at their doors.

Pontificating blowhards and COWARDS ALL OF YOU !!!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by itbenickp

The Average American Citizen reminds me of some of my cows....they trample the hay and poop on it as they eat from the large bales because they dont think about the consequences and are spoiled that there is more hay where that came from.....much like the average citizen takes our rights for granted unless and until it interferes with their eating out at MacDonalds or watching Dancing With The Stars.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lapi7

Of course they would...just like most soldiers surrender when they are surrounded. It is one thing to fight and another to commit suicide by militarized police.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
One must remember that the military as well as LEO's are comprised of American citizens, many of whom are patriots. To think that we are so out-gunned is just naive. If even 2/3 of the military is on the side of the people, we are a force unequaled in history.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I hope he does impeach him. This trampling of the constitution by this administration is pathetic. I call every representative (from my area) and email them weekly about this situation, and depending on what happens tomorrow they will be getting it daily, reminding them they work for the people, to man it up and do what needs to be done and protect our rights before it goes any further.

Gun control activist are the vocal minority. They have the right to do so by the 1st amendment, they need to remember that before they try to take away the 2nd. Once gone, it will never be coming back.
edit on 15-1-2013 by tnhiker because: clarified only my representative vs all

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaganero

People need to quit belly aching about this.

Guns are NOT important.

Tanks are important.

Jets are important.

Subs are important.

Drones are important.

Unless you have these other things I'm not sure what your machine gun is going to give you other than a political vomit fest.

With all that, we still havent "won" in afghanistan......

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

We know our history.

I doubt it....
because "the only thing history has shown us is nobody ever learns from history"....

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
Well, the first news out of Texas today was the introduction of their Firearms Protection Act.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is, of course, based on their 10th amendment rights. The 10th comes before the 2nd.

I have no doubt he will try to introduce impeachment if Obama goes forward. The problem would be, would it go anywhere?

Possibly. A lot of dems have guns, too. A lot more people believe in their rights than progressives give credit. Dems are the leading rank in the party, the progressives and extreme leftists are still in the minority, but tend to have the biggest mouths. That's why you hear about them the most.

My proof? Simple. The words came from Obama himself, today. He just can't get enough support. He meant dems, though he pointed out Republicans. How would he know yet what Republicans feel? He never asks them anything. His own cobstituents, however....

See the above link, and check out the one about Wyoming. Obama has no support except a few raging loudmouth libs. He knows this, hence, the only option he has is an EO.

edit on 14-1-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

I am a progressive and believe in mild gun regulation, like the bare minimum such as banning automatic weapons and armor piercing rounds. The gun regulation being proposed by some liberals goes way beyond mild gun control. It bans sport rifles, bans guns that accept more than 10 round magazines, bans the magazines that accept more than 10 rounds, requires gun registration and even ammo registration, stricter p2p selling of guns, even attacks antiques and relics. It is quite abominal if you ask me.

Yes I am a progressive but mostly in terms of financial affairs, NOT gun regulation, gay marriage, abortion, etc.

Too many people confuse all around liberals and progressives with statism, but as we have seen statism itself is the problem, and many conservatives themselves are statists. I am NOT for statism as THAT is the road to tyranny, if not tyranny itself.

I find it disturbing that Obama has made gun regulation a top topic and neglects other much more serious affairs such as cutting down on the enormous military industrial complex, pushing for some kind of ufo disclosure, trying to help improve welfare services, trying to reign wall street with its outsourcing frenzy, trying to stop israeli aggression, etc. There are so many more serious issues to focus on YET obama is focusing on gradually disarming the populace. SOMEONE is pushing hit to do so it appears, just like someone wants the economy to collapse. It is not me that wants all these terrible things.

Hitler and Stalin went after the greedy capitalists, not the average poor citizen. Obama goes after the poor and middle class. Big difference. And to fight a left revolution you need weapons. Many anarchists and militant leftists put more stress on gun acquisition than conservatives do. Think about it!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

reply to post by koder

It is thinking like yours that makes people trash and one day they will get worse and use gun for eveyrthing, which is why I think certain population control needs to happen including such with the dangerous thinking of using your own guns to solve issues. We can quickly reduce the number of potential criminals who were just 'self-defending'
edit on 15-1-2013 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

It appears you really do not know much about history, do not research much into conspiracy theories, are a new member here, are from europe, relly too much on msm for your news. Do you want to become like england with thousands of cameras watching you and providing you with a false sense of security? Do you really think all this beauracracy is for the peoples benefit rather than for the elite wealthy who plan world domination by crashing economies and seeking constant wars?

I am not sure if you are trolling or are just extremely naive and ignorant. Anyway all opinions "welcome" !

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join