It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Stockman threatens Obama impeachment over guns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Mods: I did a search and found nothing, if this story has already been covered, I apologize and please remove.

Rep. Stockman threatens Obama impeachment over guns

Link: www.politico.com...

Rep. Steve Stockman (R-Texas) is threatening to file articles of impeachment against President Barack Obama if he moves to change gun regulations through executive order.

“I will seek to thwart this action by any means necessary, including but not limited to eliminating funding for implementation, defunding the White House, and even filing articles of impeachment,” Stockman said.

In a statement, Stockman didn’t hold back, saying Obama is launching an “attack on the very founding principles of this republic.”

Get em Stockman! It's all summed up in the following:

“The President’s actions are an existential threat to this nation,” Stockman said in a statement. “The right of the people to keep and bear arms is what has kept this nation free and secure for over 200 years. The very purpose of the Second Amendment is to stop the government from disallowing people the means to defend themselves against tyranny. Any proposal to abuse executive power and infringe upon gun rights must be repelled with the stiffest legislative force possible.”

I hope he can gain support for this. Although I'm not sure as to the realistic nature behind making such threats such as 'impeachment', but hey, this may be the best direction to take.

I just can't imagine that any threats, or even actually going through the process of impeachment would be done in such a timely manner that actually blocks any executive order from being carried out.

Additional Comment:

I remember reading and hearing all sorts of people make claims that if Obama gets his second term, that's when we're going to see him accelerate with the destruction of America. We're what, 2 weeks in and we're already seen articles such as "Bully Pulpit: Obama Pushes 'Executive Action' on Guns"? Not to fear monger, or act paranoid, but lol, maybe the American people need to keep a close eye on this guy.

edit on 14-1-2013 by retirednature because: additional comment

Who is Steven Stockman?

In 2011 Stockman formed an exploratory committee, Friends of Steve Stockman, to consider a run for the Texas's 14th congressional district seat being vacated by unsuccessful presidential candidate Ron Paul. Stockman instead ran in 2012 in the 36th District. In the Republican primary held on May 29, Stephen Vincent Takach (born c. 1962), a financial planner who spent heavily from his own funds, ranked first with 22 percent of the vote, but did not obtain the 50 percent threshold required to win.[17] Stockman won the July 31 runoff election, defeating Takach 55%-45%

He was homeless until he became a born again Christian.[3] He worked as an accountant in the computer sales and lab researcher division of IBM.

Wait, what?

Homeless and now in this position? God bless America lol.

Link: en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 14-1-2013 by retirednature because: additional comment

edit on 14-1-2013 by retirednature because: clarification

edit on 14-1-2013 by retirednature because: Link!?!

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
damn right.. thats what im talking about. texas isnt going down without a fight! start backing us up!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
More guttural spew from gun worshippers. No matter how much the nra whines, that republican wont do crap, mark my words. Why? Public opinion is overwhelmingly slanted towards some form of decisive gun control. Stomp your feet all you want, it's reality. What is Texas going to do? Secede? Lol riiiiight.
edit on 14-1-2013 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

We would LOVE to and if not then we will continue with our states government and block any federal law the prohibits us from having weapons as well as we will not enforce any federal laws handed down by the dictator obama.

+30 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
More guttural spew from gun worshippers. No matter how much the nra whines, that republican wont do crap, mark my words. Why? Public opinion is overwhelmingly slanted towards some form of decisive gun control. Stomp your feet all you want, it's reality. What is Texas going to do? Secede? Lol riiiiight.

Id like to know what you base that on. most conservatives and liberals alike that I know strongly oppose any type of strong gun restrictions.

I would support impeachment 100% if he makes strong a move on guns.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Good thing we live in a Republic, one in which mob rule cannot EVER relieve you of the inalienable right of protecting yourself by bearing arms as put forth in the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by retirednature

Additional Comment:

I remember reading and hearing all sorts of people make claims that if Obama gets his second term, that's when we're going to see him accelerate with the destruction of America. We're what, 2 weeks in and we're already seen articles such as "Bully Pulpit: Obama Pushes 'Executive Action' on Guns"? Not to fear monger, or act paranoid, but lol, maybe the American people need to keep a close eye on this guy.

Yeah, wasn't that from the Sanctorum campaigns? Awful.

But on topic, I just don't see this going anywhere. Its sad when a politician needs to pander for those kind of votes.

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Yes because we all know the highest form of law in the nation is public opinion. And if the majority thinks you shouldn't have a particular right..Well, then you shouldn't have that right.

I'm pretty sure that if you get caught on tape committing a crime then most people would agree you are guilty. So why even have a fair trial?

Obviously if you are searched without a warrant and they find a gram of pot in your belongings, why even attempt to invoke a violation of the 4th amendment. You're obviously guilty and since most people have nothing to hide then you don't need that silly "right" either.

And since you don't need the right to trial and a right to privacy and due process, if you are convicted of a crime(and you will be) then off with your head. Since we have no place in society for criminals, as most would agree, then as a criminal, you have no right to life.

I totally see your point here dude. It's beautiful. The court of public opinion is the only court that counts.
edit on 14-1-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Well, the first news out of Texas today was the introduction of their Firearms Protection Act.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is, of course, based on their 10th amendment rights. The 10th comes before the 2nd.

I have no doubt he will try to introduce impeachment if Obama goes forward. The problem would be, would it go anywhere?

Possibly. A lot of dems have guns, too. A lot more people believe in their rights than progressives give credit. Dems are the leading rank in the party, the progressives and extreme leftists are still in the minority, but tend to have the biggest mouths. That's why you hear about them the most.

My proof? Simple. The words came from Obama himself, today. He just can't get enough support. He meant dems, though he pointed out Republicans. How would he know yet what Republicans feel? He never asks them anything. His own cobstituents, however....

See the above link, and check out the one about Wyoming. Obama has no support except a few raging loudmouth libs. He knows this, hence, the only option he has is an EO.

edit on 14-1-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
what tripe

most americans want tougher gun laws

I'd love to see how much the NRA is paying him

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
the 2nd ammendment has more to do with national defense than tryanny, more to do with having a means of defense without a "standing army"

having a really big army kinda makes an armed population more dangerous to itslef than useful

the tryanny angle is the NRA feeding off of fear

anyone here join a milita lately ?

that's what it's about

having well regulated militia's to defend against spain, france and england, and yes the gov't

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
what tripe

most americans want tougher gun laws

I'd love to see how much the NRA is paying him

I don't think that "most americans" have any idea what they want, the philosophical implications of their wants or desires.

"Most American's" are idiots lol. This might include me, but the jury is still out on that one. Most people don't consider what supposed 'tougher gun laws' are and aren't conducive of.

Does tougher gun laws mean less crime, including murder?

No

Does tougher gun laws further protect the American people from the prospect of yet again, a very real historical recurrence of Tyrants taking full advantage of it's citizens. 'taking full advantage' being the polite way to put it, I suppose.

No

I'd love to see how much Obama is paying you!

Joking!

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

More guttural spew from gun worshippers.

So, enjoying and exercising our constitutional rights is now worshiping? Really? Just because you are afraid of guns doesn't mean you can impose your fear and hate in a way that infringes on others' constitutional rights.

Stomp your feet all you want, it's reality.

What's reality is the 2nd Amendment which states that me or you can keep and bear firearms. And there's nothing that you or anybody on this Earth can do about it.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Try as you may, you cannot impeach this man, no more than he could have been defeated in the last election.

You can't get in the way of destiny. You can try, but you are doomed to fail.

Nothing will stop him from fulfilling destiny....

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
NOTHING!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
the 2nd ammendment has more to do with national defense than tryanny, more to do with having a means of defense without a "standing army"

having a really big army kinda makes an armed population more dangerous to itslef than useful

the tryanny angle is the NRA feeding off of fear

anyone here join a milita lately ?

that's what it's about

having well regulated militia's to defend against spain, france and england, and yes the gov't

Honestly, it hasn't so much to do with the 2nd, but the 10th.

U.S. Constitution - Amendment 10

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor
prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to
the people.

See the link above about Texas introducing their Firearms Protection Act, alongside Wyoming doing the same. Expect more of the same.

The 10th comes before the 2nd!

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Hmmmmm, the shillery is strong in this post.

It seems we haven't researched the meaning of Constitutional Republic, have we?

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

No way... There isn't any public support at all for tougher gun controls.. This is all 100% propaganda and "guttural spew" from the MSM... (and yourself), shill much?

I think you already knew that though..

So, defenders of the second amendment are now called gun worshipers? Interesting label, but it is just more guttural spew coming from totalitarian groupie types.. (and you)

Maybe you feel if you openly support these globalist totalitarians enough, they will let you live in their new world? These people would execute you first most likely..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join