It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a former Evangelical "born again" explains why Protestantism isn't true

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by colbe

No way. Polycarp is Catholic NOT Protestant.

He was neither.

On the other hand when faced with Christian disagreements he was all forgiveness and respect. One of the controversies of the time came over the celebration of Easter. The East, where Polycarp was from, celebrated the Passover as the Passion of Christ followed by a Eucharist on the following day. The West celebrated Easter on the Sunday of the week following Passover. When Polycarp went to Rome to discuss the difference with Pope Anicetus (3rd Pope), they could not agree on this issue. But they found no difference in their Christian beliefs. And Anicetus asked Polycarp to celebrate the Eucharist in his own papal chapel.

The trinity did not begin to infect the Church until around 200 AD. The Catholic Church began later. The Church at Rome during the time of Polycarp was not Catholic, it was oneness. Their difference was that they had moved into the communion anytime error and away from the tradition of the apostles.
edit on 25-1-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

The Protestant way, you address something else instead of what I just posted.

I shared, I gave proof Polycarp was/is a priest. Polycarp offered the Eucharist in the papal chapel in Rome, it's historical and you come back with your denial of the Blessed Trinity!

The most Holy Eucharist is true. Do not wait until the Great Warning when God shows you Himself. Please,
remember our discussion. Catholics want you to become Catholic. The Remnant is Roman Catholic.

I love you newjew....but this is the New Covenant.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by colbe

No takers, I am sad. Darn.

Sorry. To say that one sect of Christianity isn't true is like saying Leprechauns aren't real, but Unicorns are.

Hi jigger,

The only source of goodness and happiness is God. There is one true God, one divine plan so one faith. I'll pray for your conversion. Just remember, okay? In these dark and disbelieving times, God is going to act soon.
Maybe this year?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I asked and with a "please", keep my posts together. You replied the same way. Pride.

My answers will be the same whether I do as you asked or not. The way I do it makes it easier for me and you. There is no pride involved.

Who has time to reply to everyone of your separated comments. Besides, what I or someone else said isn't all there. Keep a post together and people can read what is said in context. People who do this want to separate or delete commentary that is important.

you are dear,

Some people like to reply to specific comments in replies... Why do you accuse people of being prideful when this type of reply is only used for clarification?

Perhaps you might learn to reply as others do instead of trying to force people to reply the way you prefer?

...[quote.]Copy and paste comment[/.quote] without the periods in the brackets

edit on 25-1-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsidoreOfSeville
reply to post by colbe

Colbe,

Not to interrupt the tennis match going on, but in an attempt to get this thread back on track; yes!

Very amazing! Many converts to the faith have similar stories. I like Scott and Kimberly Hahn's stories.

Hello Isidore,

Maybe I shared it already on the first page but here is a link to Dr. Anders on Catholic Answers. He explains questions about the faith so well. It must be a gift. I wish he were on their radio program more often...

www.calledtocommunion.com...

Listen...he answers Protestants who call in with questions. He understands where they are coming from...

Everyone, David Anders has studied the faith. And he was very anti-Catholic until he learned what the faith
really teaches.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

I asked and with a "please", keep my posts together. You replied the same way. Pride.

My answers will be the same whether I do as you asked or not. The way I do it makes it easier for me and you. There is no pride involved.

Who has time to reply to everyone of your separated comments. Besides, what I or someone else said isn't all there. Keep a post together and people can read what is said in context. People who do this want to separate or delete commentary that is important.

you are dear,

Some people like to reply to specific comments in replies... Why do you accuse people of being prideful when this type of reply is only used for clarification?

Perhaps you might learn to reply as others do instead of trying to force people to reply the way you prefer?

...[quote.]Copy and paste comment[/.quote] without the periods in the brackets

edit on 25-1-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

I am not forcing anyone, it's a request. I even added a please...

I've explained, so often, people put up a couple of sentences, leaving off other sentences. The person's
original post is taken out of context.

Share the entire writing and then comment underneath. If you like, underline the points you are replying to...

God bless you Akragon,

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

So this thread was just a hoax?

No, I do not create hoaxes.

Or perhaps just something your church taught you?

No, not that either.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Hi jigger,

In these dark and disbelieving times, God is going to act soon.
Maybe this year?

Do you have any idea what you are spewing here. When you say god is going to act soon, you are saying what? That god is going to kill all of us? End Earth?

And, you want this???? You want to go to heaven and be a mindless happy soul singing praise to this god throughout ALL of eternity? Or, if you didn't get His message right while here on earth and you end up in hell, too late! No second chances. As a believer, you should be frightened out of your mind with this prospect.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

People who do this want to separate or delete commentary that is important.

You should not judge everyone based on what some do.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Hi jigger,

In these dark and disbelieving times, God is going to act soon.
Maybe this year?

Do you have any idea what you are spewing here. When you say god is going to act soon, you are saying what? That god is going to kill all of us? End Earth?

And, you want this???? You want to go to heaven and be a mindless happy soul singing praise to this god throughout ALL of eternity? Or, if you didn't get His message right while here on earth and you end up in hell, too late! No second chances. As a believer, you should be frightened out of your mind with this prospect.

jigger, speak of "mindless", the word "spewing" is so overused on the Internet. Find another term, it makes me think of sickness and throwing up. You don't have to be harsh, you're smarter than that...

How long are you gong to pretend God's revelation isn't true? All the mystical and science tested, science
can't explain...point to Christ, to the Blessed Trinity, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

One thing about the Blessed Trinity, God is simple and still the most complex, how fascinating for us to
think about and mysterious.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I'm not Protestant

I shared, I gave proof Polycarp was/is a priest. Polycarp offered the Eucharist in the papal chapel in Rome, it's historical and you come back with your denial of the Blessed Trinity!

The trinity and the Catholic Church did not exist at the time of Polycarp.

I love you newjew....

I'm not interested in that type of relationship with you.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

newjew,

"Everyone." I am talking about people who take a post and separate it by sentences to reply, leaving off some of the
original. Again...

It isn't "judging." If you leave off some of person's post, why do that, what was said is taken out of context. Leave it in full and be brave and comment underneath.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

jigger, speak of "mindless", the word "spewing" is so overused on the Internet. Find another term, it makes me think of sickness and throwing up. You don't have to be harsh, you're smarter than that...

How long are you gong to pretend God's revelation isn't true? All the mystical and science tested, science
can't explain...point to Christ, to the Blessed Trinity, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

One thing about the Blessed Trinity, God is simple and still the most complex, how fascinating for us to

Sorry if you took that as harsh. I put no venom into it. I like the word spew, that's all. Sometimes I call writing irrational thoughts 'verbal vomit', but I'm not calling you crazy or anything. Just having some fun while chatting. But, why you didn't answer any of my points related to what you wrote.

Please, as honestly as you can, and without any need to feel defensive about it, what are your thoughts on this:

1. When you say god is going to act soon, you are saying what? That god is going to kill all of us? End Earth?

2. You want to go to heaven and be a mindless happy soul singing praise to this god throughout ALL of eternity?

3. Or, if you didn't get His message right while here on earth and you end up in hell, too late! You do realize this is the chance you're taking, right?

4. As a believer, you should be frightened out of your mind with this prospect. Why aren't you scared to death?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Beware of mysteries from Babylon.

Revelation 17:5-6 (KJV)
5And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I do not do as you accuse.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

newjew,

"Everyone." I am talking about people who take a post and separate it by sentences to reply, leaving off some of the
original. Again...

It isn't "judging." If you leave off some of person's post, why do that, what was said is taken out of context. Leave it in full and be brave and comment underneath.

I don't think we're supposed to leave it in full, though I'm guilty of doing just that sometimes.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I'm not Protestant

I love you newjew....

You do not belong to ancient church nor the Catholic church, therefore you are indeed a Protestant by definition.

The trinity and the Catholic Church did not exist at the time of Polycarp? Prove it, present facts.

He said he loves you, you do know there are other forms of love besides romantic love, yes?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

You do not belong to ancient church nor the Catholic church, therefore you are indeed a Protestant by definition.

Actually, he's not a Protestant. He isn't a Christian at all -- his church is like the Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses, a modern day creation that claims to be the "true church" of Christ.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I'm not Protestant

YES YOU ARE, YOU PROTEST THE FAITH AND FOLLOW SOME FELLA IN FLORIDA WHO CAME UP WITH A NEW SECT WHICH DENIES THE TRINITY.

A "PROTEST" EXPLAINED AND SHOWN TO BE WRONG. YOU STUBBORNLY WON'T LOOK AT HISTORY. POLYCARP AND IGNATIUS USED THE WORD CATHOLIC. THE THIRD POPE, POPE ANICETUS REQUESTED POLYCARP, BISHOP OF SMYRNA, TO OFFER HOLY MASS IN ROME.

A HELP NEWJEW, IN SCRIPTURE, THE TERM 'BREAKING BREAD' IS REFERENCE TO THE EUCHARIST.

I love you newjew....

SORRY, I WAS SPEAKING SPIRITUALLY...NO OFFENSE.

p.s. thanks for the continued discussion...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Incorrect. Protestants split off of the Catholic Church. The true Church existed before the Catholic Church.

The trinity and the Catholic Church did not exist at the time of Polycarp? Prove it, present facts.

Tertullian, around 200 AD, was the first to use the word trinity and teach the theory of the trinity.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Actually, he's not a Protestant. He isn't a Christian at all -- his church is like the Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses, a modern day creation that claims to be the "true church" of Christ.

You're right adjensen. I am doing the same, I said Protestant too, it was the protests and newjew believes some of the heresies of Protestantism.

If you disbelieve the basic teaching of the Trinity, you are non-Christian. newjew belongs to a non-Christian sect.

There were two non-Christians running for President in November.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join